Planta Centro Bacolod Hotel & Residences
  • Restaurant
Check Inn(Bacolod)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewschicken houseice plantbreakfast buffetcrispy salmonlenguanice hoteldifferent storyone night stayala cartewater heaterbeds were comfortablesmoking areathird floorswimming poolneeds improvementfloor roomfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've stayed in Planta several times on business trips and provided I keep my expectations moderate, everything is fine. The place looks nice, rooms are clean and fairly spacious, with free wifi. It is close to establishments like Bongbongs, Merci, Alice's Recipes, Chicken House, numerous lechon stalls and Gaisano Mall. Everything else is just a jeepney ride away, I rarely feel the need to take a cab. The staff are courteous enough, although like most services in the area, they tend to be quite slow.

The not-so-good side? Well, for one, the breakfast buffet choices are a bit limited and below standard even for a 3 or 4 star hotel (it says 4 star online but it really feels more like 3). Be careful when ordering things that are not laid out in the dining area as it could cost you extra. The Wifi connection is also unreliable, but if you bring a LAN cable you can just plug in, no problem.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the east side. The west is near an establishment that offers videoke and on a bad day (or night) the walls are a poor shield to the bad singing and may cost you a few hours of sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed in this hotel last January to February 2013 for about 3 weeks. I was in Bacolod for a business trip. My opinion is just okay. I had more disappointments than good ones. Let's start with the good ones. The building, the facade and the interior design in the lobby are great. The rooms are spacious. There's a small gym you can use and getting a cab is not difficult. There are functions almost everyday so people are actually plenty on a regular basis. I asked for a discount since I'm a long-staying guest and they did provide discount. Gaisano is just a walking distance so if you need anything, the old mall is just there.

For the disappointments, there are no CCTVs (unlike L'Fisher) so if something happens to you on the hallway, no one would know. I stayed in 2 different rooms within the 3-week period and both were disappointments. In the first room the cable was not working well for most of the channels and I discovered that the lock of the window wasn't working (people can actually stay outside the window) so if there's a thief outside at night and you aren't home and you didn't put your things in the safe then you are just about to donate something huge. The area of the restaurant where you have your free buffet breakfast is so small. I'm disappointed with the food because there aren't many choices and the refill is so slow. The place outside the hotel is dry. There are no places to go to except for the small mall beside it where there are a couple of restos. At night, the surrounding area is dark and quiet. If you need to go to restaurants or bars, you need to take a cab or ride the jeepney to get to your destination.

Would I go back? Maybe not for now because I still want to explore other hotels when I return but if I don't have other good choices then I probably would because Planta is just okay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are near the pool. It's noisy in that part especially on weekends.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Glovingil
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This was a business trip with my boss.
During the buffet breakfast my boss commented on how "poor" their customer service is.
from the word "buffet" we understood that everything that is in there is included in the 200php breakfast but we were charge additional 70php for one hot choco (ovaltine). When we forgot our key card inside the room and the bellboy used his own key card the hotel charged us for 50php. For an additional towel because they forgot that there's three people occupying the room they charged us for that. When my boss and his girlfriend asked for a flat iron they gave a defective one and instead of replacing it they tried to fix it first for 30 minutes and then replaced it, they still charged us for it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Angel G
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The hotel is lacking in well trained staff. The buffet breakfast is stringent to say the least. Although we upgraded to the best room they have available, the service had much to be desired. The cable was not working properly, no trained technician to rectify the problem.
Accommodation beyond your expections as they claim, to us became frustrations beyond our
imagination.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bebot G
Reviewed 16 March 2013

as a return guest i must admit the service is still great and the staff only too willing to help with anything you require. the rooms are very well appointed for this hotel.We had a problem with the room safe but it was soon rectified,as we had two rooms with all our family they made sure we had rooms ajoing which made it a pleasure.The breakfast buffet is still a compared to western standards fairly poor,but i guess we are not all filipinos so we have to compromise ,all in all a good hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family