“Great place for a family weekend, eco friendly too!”

Nature's Village Resort
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We flew in from Cebu to Bacolod--short and easy flight and you don't have to worry about the kids getting bored.
The staff is friendly and always ready to make you feel comfortable. Their pool is open to the public but was surprisingly clean! The atmosphere very relaxing and it's truly perfect for a family getaway.
Food was great and portions were hearty, ideal for sharing.
Our driver Rommel who is also recommended by another tripadvisor reviewer was very accommodating. Our flight was cancelled due to weather and we had to stay an extra nigh, this time in the city--I sent him one SMS and he was ready for our early morning pick-up.
Last but not the least, they are eco-friendly. The recycled and reused as reflected in their décor and guest messages on conserving water, etc.
Thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with family. And we will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you need a driver, SMS Rommel at 0907 316 7726. The mall is a short walk from the resort.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OnNivelHills

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect from this property although the reviews I had read were very complementary. It didn't take long for the family to settle in and discover the things that the resort offered. The staff were very pleasant and eager to help. This was true in all areas of the resort. The place itself was unlike any that I had stayed in before. Located on the outskirts of Bacolod City, this property takes pride in their efforts to be "green" in the ecological sense. They had their own vegetable gardens so the produce served in the restaurant was truly fresh. The rooms had a rustic feel to them; they were comfortable and clean. It was interesting to see a sign above the bathroom sink that gave tips on conserving water when washing hands, brushing teeth, etc. The main building which housed the hotel part was furnished with artwork, artifacts and handicrafts from various regions of the country; we felt like we were staying in some grand old house or a museum. The well-kept grounds were abundant with several species of flowering vines and shrubs; walking through the property might include a chance encounter with the resident horse. Evenings here were wonderfully quiet and restful, with the glow of the outdoor lights inviting one to go for a lovely evening walk through the grounds. The property has a park that has a good size pool and playground which the kids really enjoyed. The restaurant served delicious meals in ample portions and I hear the breakfast buffet is pretty decent. Even though it felt like we were out in the country, a nice mall with a good collection of stores was within walking distance. Downtown Bacolod City is just a short taxi ride away, giving access to more shopping and dining options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gvwatts .
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had the great pleasure of staying here again for 8 nights. The staff are friendly and Gading(?), sorry if that is incorrect, who is in the restaurant, remembered me from last year. that made me feel very welcome. The resort is undergoing further changes with the addition of more rooms, so things are looking good for them in the future

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank r6rider_58
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I would have given a lower score if not for that nice, all-smiling, very polite lady assigned to the front desk on Sunday morning. I think her name was Karen. I hope all the resort's staff was just as nice as her. The other lady who is my friend's contact in Nature's was also nice when she was there. The other staff weren't that nice. I wouldn't elaborate because I don't want to place anybody's job on the line.

What disappointed me the most was the initial response I got from the hotel when I was just first inquiring. I was interested in their special package green card so I asked if it was possible to buy it then book a room on the same day. I was told it was not possible because it can only be used 7 days after purchasing it. Then I was told there was no standard room available anyway on the date I was interested in. When I checked Agoda, I found 6 other standard rooms available and plenty of deluxe rooms. Now I don't know what's the deal between any hotel and Agoda, but I hope they could have pointed me there (isn't it still revenue for the hotel?). We really wanted to book a room in Nature's because of their big pool and our other friend's son had their birthday party there.

The buffet breakfast was nice (although my friend didn't like it) and the food they provided during the birthday party was also nice, particularly the fried chicken.

I like how the hotel is set up - unassuming and simple. I hope they will have more staff who are friendly though. :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ferdinand L
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My experience with Nature's was very shameful to say. My mom recommended me this place for I have to stage a party for 300 people. Sad to say, they cant keep up with my standards. So far I noticed that the staff were easily irritated with multitude orders. Though it was mentioned during planning before the party that we might need a lot of staff and crew and food reserves during the party. Yet they were not able to game plan it. Sadly and shamefully saying the service was poor and the quality of food was poor and not astounding. It's not worth the wait and the money spent. Maybe if I was a Star or VIP guest, maybe they can cater me what i need and what i want. But sadly some guests that were their and not so famous and rich are not entertained well. I really don't care if i will serve my own food. As long as I was being politely given an expectation that they were short in staff or it's self service. Too bad the experience i have with them is a shame!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Joseph Bernard A
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked 2 nights due to family medical emergency, the toilet was not working, I complained, and it worked for short while, and I complained again. Arrived for Breakfast, and found there was only beef and pork. I decided to check out and request refund. The staff refused, and I said I was not happy to stay.
With in seconds the manager Lennie, arrived and ask me what the issue was. She apologised and said she will make amends.
She requested the staff to give me the best and most expensive room at the hotel, she contacted the restaurant and said that I must order any breakfast at no charge.
I was forced to extend my stay due to medical emergency, and was still given the same room.
Well done Natures Village Resort, This is what customer service at it BEST, you do value your customers

Room Tip: hotel is old, clean well located, and its natural surroundings
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sirputh
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Nature's Village Resort provides you with an experience of staying in a hacienda-type accommodation. Nothing fancy, the furnitures are mostly wooden-crafted, some amenities are even organic. The ambience is sheer peaceful, serene, and fresh. No elevator, lobby not air-conditioned. But if you are from the city, and would like to experience a laid-back, country- living, this place is definitely for you. I enjoyed my three nights in this place. The staffs are really nice and our rooms are cleaned everyday. The bed is comfortable and bathroom is decent.

Room Tip: Do visit the Ruins at sunset, it completes your hacienda-colonial time experience.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family