“Rains kept me stay inside my room.”

Bacolod Pension Plaza
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Rains kept me stay inside my room.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

It was not a disappointment when rains poured and jailed me inside my room. Showers in the afternoon deprived me of the chance to visit as many places as I could in Negros Occ. But it gave the rare opportunity to watch Pacman in action. Thin showers and night-like atmosphere stiffened my bones to proceed with my itinerary to Ma-au, Bago city. I decided to cancel the trip for I feel like lying on my bed for the day. Watching the fight was called for and the comfort of the bed, the lazy feeling, the TV show, the hot shower, were enough to make me stay all day long in the room. Taking some coffee was enjoyable. Service was fast. Pls. note: the hot water I ordered was delivered immediately. Before I knew it, the hot water was already knocking at the door. Nice service!! Hot shower was ok. Aircon was functioning well. The only minus that I saw was the damaged lock of the window. The location was a plus factor for it is near a cathedral, SM, Jollibee, and other shopping centers. I had a hard time looking for a nice, safe and cozy place to have some beer and some happenings.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dumaguete City, Philippines
Reviewed 24 October 2013

it was my third time booking at this hotel but was disappointed with what ive experienced.
the sink in the bathroom was broken, you might scared to use it because it might fall. and so many leaks, the floor got messy because of its leaks. the waters on the shower area goes to the floor near the toilet bowl. upon entering the room, the crew had a problem with the lights. we smelled cigarette when we entered the room and we told the crew if we could ask for a spray to get rid of the smell, he said yes, but didnt appear the entire stay. there were only four channels in one of their tv in the family room.

Room Tip: choose a room near the street if you want to see something outside the window than mere hollow block...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank narianlee
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Easy to transact business. I paid over the counter in Manila.Location was great right in the middle of downtown and just a pedicab or jeep away from Lacson where party is located. But all fun like masskara dance competition,cheap souvenirs, pasalubongs and wet/dry market are located near the hotel. I think they need to renovate the rooms. The flush on my toilet doesnt work. But anyway not a big deal since the value is just fair to my expecatations.

I love that you can arrange room massage and shuttle service going to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Brebix
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This has probably one of the best locations among the hotels in Bacolod. It sits right in front of the plaza and yet the sound from the events doesn't go through the rooms. Everything you need is walking distance from here, from drugstores to fastfoods to pasalubongs and even SM. With almost all the jeepney lines passing near the entrance, you'll never get lost. The place is a little tight but considering the good price they offer, no one can really argue with it. The staff are super nice and very helpful. This might not be the most cozy hotel but if you're in a budget, you might wanna try it out.

Room Tip: They have suites for families (4-5 members) that are near the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ZyrusDeri
Germany
Reviewed 27 July 2013

For this price a really good place to stay for a few nights! Clean rooms and the staff are very nice!
Opposite the hotel you can eat BBQ at the evening till the night. Very good mmmh! We stay ther always if we are in Bacalod and we always like the place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveller-frank911
Valenzuela, Philippines
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Considering the price of under a thousand pesos, this hotel offers a great location for travellers. Having no set breakfast included in the accommodation is not an issue. You can drop by BongBong's branch across the Plaza to have breakfast or experience breakfast in a local carinderia (eatery) -- Manokan Country.
Few meters away, you can head to SM Bacolod for souvenirs and Airport shuttle for a reasonable price.
Should you want to ride a ferry going to Ilo-Ilo, ride a tricycle to the BREDCO terminal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Tere B
Batangas city
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel and the staff is accommodating. Accessible to public transport and eateries, San Sebastian Cathedral, SM and Central Market. The room is is okay, and the air condition is great. my only feedback was the noise that came across the street wherein people does carpentry work till midnight we hardly had a sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple