“Cheap for a good nights sleep”
Review of Check Inn

Check Inn
Check Inn
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have stayed in this pensionne house for a couple of times now, especially when I need to go to bacolod at a moments notice. Dont expect much from this place, when the rates are as low as P550, you dont expect the ritz treatment, my primary purpose was just to get a good nights sleep before I go about my daily activities around the city. one time I got the basic room and which normally was P600 but they gave me a discount and gave it to me for P500 and they were even kind enough to upgrade my room to a superior when they found out that the standard was not available, anyway i noticed that the room was small, nothing fancy, no fridge, no mini bar, a basic no-frills-room but pretty clean and decent (what do you expect, its a pensionne house for christ sake), shower pressure though was not that strong, but good enough for me, all in all for the price I say this place is worth staying again and again

BTW: they've got a simple yet amusing slot machine that is operated by dropping P1 coins, LOL while waiting for them to call a cab, I spent around P10 in that machine and guess what, I won almost P150.00....IN P1 COINS XD

Room Tip: its right smack in the middle of downtown bacolod, so almost everything and anything is a 5-10 minut...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bossmonkee

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We (the entire family and a few other relatives) went to Bacolod a few days ago for 3 days and 2 nights to attend my cousin's wedding and stayed at this pension house. The biggest advantage of this inn is the location. It's within the downtown area and is very close to SM City Bacolod and the San Sebastian Cathedral. Another advantage is the free Wi-Fi access (no password). Contrary to the other reviews here on Tripadvisor stating that their Wi-Fi connection is bad or not working, I would say that the connection is actually quite fast. I had difficulty connecting to their network at first but was able to do so later on. You just have to find a certain spot in your room where the connection is good. I was able to connect in all floors of the inn because we were assigned to multiple rooms in different floors and was always wandering around. :) So if you are looking for a good budget inn with the basic amenities provided, this is a good place to stay, but if you have more to spend, you can always choose a better and more expensive one. TIP: Please bring your own toiletries. They only provided us with bath towels and soaps.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WanderingEray
Reviewed 5 November 2012

There are so many accommodations in Bacolod City.But during Masskara Festival,finding one could prove to be a big challenge.So if you are planning to fly to the City of Smiles during Masskara,I would suggest you book ahead.I made up my mind two months before the Oct.20 finale but rooms were already full.I called many hotels but to no avail.Good thing two bloggers contacted me and offered that I could stay in their room at CHECK INN.

We stayed in a Business de Luxe Room. Quite spacious for an accommodation with two single beds for only 950 pesos.Extra person is only 100pesos.You pay extra though if you request for additional beddings.So what we did was to join the two single beds together.The three of us were able to fit.As a matter of fact,another friend joined us during the 2nd night.

I have a few complaints though.The towels are old and smelly.At some point,It even felt like using a rag.Damn,I should make it a habit to bring my own towel.Next time.And the pillows are smelly too.Well,you get used to it.And I did.There's hot shower but water pressure is too weak I suggest you shower early if you want a thorough clean.And we were joking about the hallways,one of my roommates remarked that it feels like being in a public hospital, the only thing missing is a nurse going around with her push cart.haha

Other than that,the location is perfect for Masskara as it is situated a few blocks from the Old City Hall and the street in front of the Old City Hall is the same avenue where the Masskara Street Dance Competition passes.A little warning though,the area is an old district so it feels like being in Quiapo or Recto in Manila.It could really get dirty and smelly during the festival.

CHEAP but If you have spare cash,go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank pusangkalye
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We got Deluxe Room and upon entering and seeing the room quality all I thought to myself was to opt for another hotel. Though my friends are just after for a nice place to sleep we decided to stay for the rest of the nights. Service was good enough, the person I am dealing with in the making the reservation was helpful and replying to my email queries, and upon arrival and finishing with the front desk the room attendant got our bags and accompany us to our room. The room they offered to has no window. Parts of the room and has cracks on the wall and bed linens are dirty whites. Bathroom was awful, a lot of grime and stain on the tiles, cobwebs was also present, trash bins has cigarette marks.
It’s really a not good bathroom; my bathroom at home though old is far cleaner. Having said that location was the great, near to SM, Manokan Country, San Sebastian Cathedral etc., and if you might change your mind there is also hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Opt for rooms on the right side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank YOURBLUEKNIGHT
Reviewed 17 June 2012

got a business matrimonial & a deluxe matrimonial room but both rooms had the quality of a standard (or even less) room. rooms were dirty, we have to request for a cleaning service. bathrooms are slimy & moldy, etc.,just a bad experience! my advise...find another hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ella2012
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Spent one night in Bacolod City. Travelled by fast craft from Iloilo. Haven't been here for a long time so I wanted to visit and have a food trip :) on my own. I told myself don't be picky with the hotel because I just needed a bed to sleep in for a night and the taxi took me this place because it's centrally located.
Positives - charming receptionists. The twin bed room is a good size. It's just P850
Negatives - there were huge flies in the room. Wifi barely works. I was glad they have rooms on the 2nd floor that has a small window because the other rooms on the 3rd floor at this price has no window at all. Stuffy and smelly (it's old). And, and, oh never mind.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank foot_adventurer
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Very old hotel as my great-grandmother. Old furniture, hard mattress ,towels are grey and lacerated but new TV plasma. Air con is noisy as a chopper. The floor in a shower is not cleared of old age but new curtain in a shower. The ceiling in the room was with leaks. Very convenient location, close to Central Market, SM Bacolod, public park, pier with ferries to another islands and public transport. The room was cleaned every day.
I stayed for 5 nights in business matrimonial room. Room overlooks the rooftop garden. Very helpful and attentive staff. I was there during the earthquake, the building of the hotel was shaking slightly but nothing is collapsed to my surprise and happiness.

Room Tip: From business deluxe to suite rooms. They overlook the rooftop garden.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo