“We enjoyed every minute of our stay.”

The Suites at Calle Nueva
Ranked #1 of 37 Bacolod B&B and Inns
Ieper
“We enjoyed every minute of our stay.”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Calle Neuva and we enjoyed every minute of it. It's a great place to stay in Bacolod. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, beds are excellent, there's a TV, free internet and above all the shower works well and there is hot water. Next to this there's a kind of lounge in the centre of the hotel who gives you a very cosy feeling. The breakfast is simple with not much choice but alright for us. Try the delicious pancakes. The SM Mall is in walking distance for the people who like to shop. Also some other touristic spots aren't far away.

The only small disavantage is the neighbourhood who feels rather unsafe especially during the night. I recommend this hotel to everyone who travel on a small budget. You won't be dissapointed.

We made already a reservation for our next stay in May.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Goleta, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is the best of small hotels in Bacolod, My home away from home. The do the little extras that add up to comfort.

They also do the big things that make comfort. The rooms are spotless, the beds soft, the pillows fluffy and the TVs big. All at an excellent price. What more can one ask?

The breakfast is small and totally Philippine. I'd love to see some of the wonderful local fruit added. This may not meed the needs of a sweets loving American.

Room Tip: I've stayed in about half the rooms and all are nearly identical. There are on local noise prob...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Its a great hotel. rooms are clean and staff are helpful and accommodating. We will definitely come back. Walking distance from SM and and food stalls are near . I loved the lounging area , its really comfortable . It seems that im in a villa out of the country .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. It's a 2 floor botique type hotel with excellent customer service. It's kinda difficult to find at first but its ideally located specially if you went to bacolod for the Maskara festival. One thing they can improve on would be the breakfast.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My Husband I stayed for 3D and 2N for Masskara Festival. Its. great hotel! I can say that the suites are clean the staff are friendly and accommodating. Even the Guard at night are very accommodating and nice. It was a pleasant and happy vacation for me and my husband.. The suites are near in the Public Market and churches,even in Lacson streets it is also walking distance to church and Plaza. If you are tired you can take Trike from the suites going to SM and BAYWALK..this place the Suites at Calle Nueva is nice to stay for those who travel a lot and need to relax for a while. "Value for Money" won't forget my stay there...highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Try the room in the north side on the 2nd floor. it's really quite and nice...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Himamaylan
Reviewed 14 August 2013

It took us a while to find this hotel as it is tucked away on a side street and even as you approach it the sign is rather small. They have parking space for a few cars a few meters from the front door. While checking in we sat and waited and were not told about a more comfortable lounge area with chairs and sofas that we discovered on the way to our rooms. Small but decently appointed rooms, twin beds that could not be pushed together because of the wooden frames. Tiny bathrooms, worked well but I am over 6 feet tall and barely had room for myself alone. A very small breakfast included but the dinner menu in the small restaurant looked excellent, I just don't know if they actually cook the food there or order it and have it delivered. We stayed there as my American cousin came for a visit and made the reservation as he mistakenly thought the Grand Regal Hotel where we normally stay was full.

Room Tip: Only 12 rooms and I don't think it matters. Good air conditioners.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I definitely enjoyed staying in this inn. It's main asset is its staff. The room was quite small but I didn't really mind because of the cleanliness and how well the standard was maintained throughout my stay. The only problem that I saw was the squished space that a guest has to endure in the toilet. Had bruises on my right elbow. A 1 meter x 1.5 meter space is just too small to do your personal necessities and shower. All in all though, I was pleased and satisfied with the service I got.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family