“Fine dining”

Italia Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 262 Restaurants in Bacolod
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The restaurant officially opened its doors to the public on May of 2000. One good reason why it came to be was simply to share great Italian cooking to everyone. This was the reason why Italia opened a decade ago, without a menu and no plans nor professional staff to speak of, save for a funny looking Italian,, who cooked really good pasta. And this is the same reason now - ten years after. Be it as it may have developed through the years, the challenge remains the same of serving simply good food to those who walk through the red door. Italia Restaurant is now located at GF Paseo Verde, Mandalagan Lacson Street, Bacolod City
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A place to bring family and friends for fine dining settings. Also has an art gallery near the entrance. Nice choices fro fine wines, and good italian food, especially the Risotto al Funghi

1  Thank FernandoJannett... G

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I have been here twice in a fortnight. The first occasion was a walk in and given bacolod isn't really to the standards of much larger metropolis on the food front, I was not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. I opted for the seafood pasta and asked if this could be combined with arrabiata. This was not a problem and the food was very tasty. My wife had simple calamari and a side salad. Now ordinarily a write up for calamari, salad and pasta really shouldn't warrant too much praise given the simplicity in the prep, but I have come to understand that the philippines and especially the provinces don't always offer the quality of presentation or taste a western palate is used too. Italia though was very good and I am a tough critic. The second visit we preordered the paella. Now here's where it got a bit Filipino. On the first visit the staff said you had to preorder the paella by an hour. So we duly arranged a visit and was told the hour was a day to preorder. So we rearranged the visit to suit the restaurant. The eventual paella was everything you would expect; abundant seafoods, chicken, etc with the size almost to side table category for 10 people. 10 if Filipino and perhaps for 5 western waistlines. There are 3 sizes, small which I would eat alone, the one we had and the larger for 20 persons. For 2190 pesos including beer and soft drinks was in my opinion outstanding value. So the paella, good, perhaps a little overcooked and the rice a little over dry, but overall nice meals, good staff, nice place and relatively easy to park. Wine on the menu was cheapest for Chardonnay and Merlot at 750 pesos.
Would we go again - definitely .......

1  Thank NewportYfenni
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Italia's is one of the best Italian-oriented restaurants I've been to, not only in Bacolod but in the country. You'll find this place in a quiet side street in Bacolod. Unassuming, cozy with a small art gallery and some homely decor. Food is great, better than many of the italian-oriented restaurants in the country. Pasta is good, not great, but better than the usual. Try the seafood marinara with angel hair pasta. Though of all their pizzas, the best is the least expensive one, their margherita, and add some spiced olive oil. They have good wine selection though the Php4thou Spanish red we had was too sour and tasted of old cork. But the best gem in the menu is their beef carpaccio. Amazing! If you visit Bacolod City, Italia's is a must. Hats off to Mario too for providing great service.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Italia is a cozy Italian restaurant hidden in one of Bacolod's small side streets. It's one of the few places in town whose food has been consistent through the years. Great for couples and small gatherings. I recommend the baked oysters and the pizzas made with their very own brick oven. Hat's off to Mario who does his best to make your experience comfortable. The restaurant also features local art from around the island.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Small quite place for dinner. We shared one of their delicious pizzas. Was fun to watch them make it in the brick oven. Decent prices and good staff for our visit. We will try it again this year.