“Great Expectations”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Manila, Philippines
“Great Expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a night and I was surprised with this budget hotel and for its price. I would definitely stay here once I get back to this hotel. For less than a thousand pesos, this is definitely worth it. Rooms have free wifi, and the internet speed is fast as well.
Our room was located at the 3rd floor of the hotel. Rooms are good for its size and the bed is comfortable compared to most provincial hotels. The room has a cable TV with tons of channels and the washroom is definitely a plus because of the size.
The hotel is located behind the Robinsons Mall and that is another plus side of staying here.

Room Tip: Free Wifi.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JopetSy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stay here last April 2013. Room is okay, quiet. Only the bad thing is about the wifi is really slow.
Sometimes no signal at all. No eating is allowed. Which is a bit disappointing. As some travellers eating at night and the street is not that safe. Although is near to a fast food restaurant(jollibee). Still is not safe to walk on the streets.

Good thing about this hotel is just behind the Robinson Mall where you can buy souveniers, grocerys.

I find that hotel charges for toiletries as other hotels even a pension house offer complimentary,
Have to buy myself my toiletries.

Early Check-in. Well, I understand that standard check-in time will be at 2pm. But as a guest I won't like to wait my guest lying around in the lobby waiting for 3-4 hours.
Check-out time is as early 9 or 10 am. Unlike other hotel offer till 12pm to 2pm.

This is a great hotel. But only this thing a bit disadvantage for travellers that saving money that must pay like toiletries. Little disappointed. In the future. I will still stay to this hotel. Hopefully toiletries are free and wifi is fast.

Room Tip: Tips dont walk in go to their website. Their rates is much better their.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights and had a pleasant time. Spent half of my time in, half of the time wandering around. I was a walk-in customer and the only available room was a private room with two single beds but I took it because the deal's quite good - around 1,300 Pesos a night. Checking in was really quick. The security guards and receptionist were very accommodating. Room's spacious, very clean, free wifi is pretty decent too. There's no closet but I had plenty of space for my stuff anyway. I love that Central City walk is right behind it as well as Robinson's Place. From the hotel, I can just walk towards Lacson street and ride a jeep to get around. It's also very near the Art District. There was construction going on at my wing and I think that should have been mentioned during check-in but it wasn't bothersome. If I turn on the tv, I couldn't hear it anymore.

You can't eat inside the room but there's a table at the end of the wing where you can eat food from the outside (they also put in newspaper in the morning) so it wasn't a hassle. Cable tv has an awesome selection of channels though quite tricky to use but a staff was able to help me. There's also a safe inside the room and adequate number of plugs. Rain shower's pretty fun to use too. Aircon's in good condition so temp inside the room wasn't a problem. I'd love to go back here when I return to Bacolod. :)

Room Tip: Book through their website in advance so you can get cheaper deals
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank futbol_tin
Iloilo City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

excellent location near the mall... with good wifi connection... staffs are friendly and approachable... the shower was great and rooms were clean.... but there are no cabinets/closets where we can place our things.... then, there's a big sign that eating and drinking is not allowed... It's my first time to see a hotel where eating inside is prohibited.. It would be better if you will have room service and you'll allow food and beverages.

Stayed August 2013
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed at room 221 for one week during my business trip at Bacolod. From the airport i took a cab for 500 bucks, since I had an early flight, I ask for an early check in. They charged me 560 pesos for it. My room was very basic but clean, got a queen size bed, cable tv, desk, no mini bar though. They have free and strong wifi. Smoking and eating are not allowed inside the room though I manage to eat some junk foods during my stay. Go hotel is located very near Robinsons Place Bacolod, one ride to SM and a roughly 20 minute ride to the airport. My stay was very comfortable until my last night when I woke up due to the disturbing noises coming from the room beside mine. I think the rooms are not sound proof because every time someone's walking pass my door I would hear their foot steps. And also there are lots of mosquitoes inside the room so might as well bring some insect repellent. My sink was clogged during my first day but it was fixed by the housekeeping immediately. Every day during my stay , housekeeping did not fail to clean my room and take out the trash. I will again stay at this hotel in the future. By the way, I loved the touch screen elevator ;)

Room Tip: choose a room on the 2nd or 3rd level, never on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was in Bacolod City for the first time. As I availed their promo rate which I booked months ago. I found the location excellent as it just few walks from the mall, good friendly staffs, new and clean as I found out almost 2 years existing already. The Staff were great from the front desk, security, room services and the gentleman who assisted me with my cable TV and Air conditioning unit. I think the WIFI needs to improved and at the same time the Air Conditioning Unit as mine leaked. Also I suggested to John to provide instructions in using their cable TV. I hope next time I come back, theirs one already. Anyway. More than the price you pay - You Get! In the end, its a great place to stay. I highly recommend this Hotel. Surely will come back! More promo rates please :)

Room Tip: First Impression Lasts!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Bayugan city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Nice,comfortable,all access is there,malling,food trip,even taxi's are staying & waiting...it's our 2nd time in go hotel and now i appreciate d area of location....nice to be here in 2nd time around....i always recommend this place to our friends whose want to travel in Bacolod City.....

• Stayed April 2014