“A Venue A Suites”
Review of Avenue Suites

Avenue Suites
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very nice location in the heart of Bacolod City; near good restaurants and convenient shops, and easily accessible along Lacson Street. The lobby is small but good enough to accommodate guests, provided with sofa and table plus reading materials. Hotel staff are warm and accommodating making checking-in and out fast and hassle-free. One thing though they might have missed, the receptionist called me up after check-in telling that they forgot serving our welcome drinks. It will be delivered to our room nevertheless she said. The drinks never come.
The hotel itself is clean and well maintained, the room is neither small nor big for the price tag, cool with good air conditioning unit, soft bed and comfortable bedding, the bathroom is provided with adequate number of towels / towelettes plus toiletries. Shower is strong with hot and cold water. A wide glass window facing Lacson Street is covered with double layers of curtains, the curtain though was difficult to adjust. Lighting was no problem. There are number of extra outlets for charging phones and gadget. Wide scree cable tv is provided and wi-fi signal is very strong inside the room. Table, chair, cabinet and personal refrigerators are available for added convenience.
Buffet breakfast is being served at the 5th floor, your choice of indoor or outdoor setting. The hotel resto-bar is open until late in the evening. There is also a spa offering 50% discount for hotel guests. For those who prefer a unique restaurant experience, Avenue Suites recommends the By the Bucket Restaurant located in a lot adjacent to the hotel. There is adequate parking spaces.
Avenue Suites may not be the best in Bacolod but it is definitely A Venue, A Suites worthy of very good reviews.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My family went to Bacolod to drop off our daughter who was attending a month long workshop.we haven't been to Bacolod so we took this opportunity. We booked our room by phone which was a breeze... Hotel staff were friendly & helpful. Hotel location was good,and lots of food joints nearby.The room was ok except that it lack good lighting both in the room and the bathroom. Floor lamp wasn't even working.aircon temp was hard to adjust as it wasn't accessible. One has to climb on a chair to adjust it.
Sadly breakfast (free for 2 and we paid extra for our 2 kids at P250 each) buffet food choices were very poor. Like very ordinary food choices. I hope they bump up their menu as their location is very good and accessible. I hope they make an effort to better their lighting, food etc

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Booked the standard single room for only Php1200/night, the room is very clean and hotel is fairly new. What they need to improve on is the food and beverages in their restaurant. Staff are very accommodating and helpful. I like that this hotel is just a few steps away from the famous Calea. I won't mind staying again in this hotel when I go back to Bacolod. :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We took advantage of the 30% discount after our friends booked a function room where their son's birthday party was held. I decided to book the executive suite.

The room was large but it was smaller compared to other suites in other hotels, but I wasn't expecting much anyway. The amenities inside the room were complete. Check in and check out were handled fast so we didn't have a problem with that. We had the breakfast buffet in their rooftop and it was fine.

There were a few things I didn't like though. The very first thing I noticed was the defective shower head. We had to use the smaller one, because the larger one was not working right.

The air-conditioner was not working well too. The room was still warm even after we set the AC to the lowest temperature possible.

The biggest problem I guess was the sunlight entering our room because of the door leading to the balcony. The door was made of a translucent material so sunlight passed through. Having a balcony might be nice, but since there was no curtain to cover the door, our room was bright as soon as the sun rose so we weren't able to sleep well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Where do we start!!!
Cockroaches in the room, inc 1 in the bed on first day!!
Woke up one morning with bites all over my legs from the bed.
Room service is poor, with little response to requests. Took 3 days to take my laundry, by then I'd run out of clothes and had to purchase some.
Bath towels too small, room too bright, had to purchase our own tea/coffee etc for refreshments other than water and had to purchase toilet tissue.
5th floor is very noisy, smell of nicotine(we're non smokers) coming from the 5th floor "bar area".
Buffet breakfast is yuk!!! Had it twice only in 9 days.
AC is noisy and you have to stand on a revolving office chair, with castors, to adjust it by hand.
Need to extend our stay but checking out and moving to another hotel. We would have checked out earlier but they told me on first day that they'd taken full payment and according to their website, no refunds.
Let's put it like this, my partner is from Bacolod and she wanted to check out after two days.
All in all, very disappointing. I'm British and we put up with a lot of things but would we stay here again. NO!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Our teenage daughter and her friends stayed for the weekend for some bonding moments before they graduate from High School.
They sure had fun considering that they could just walk to the major restaurants situated within close proximity of the hotel.
Rooms are quite small but A/C is very cool and beds are comfortable.
No view from the room. :(
Although rates are affordable and breakfast choices are yummy.
Overall I'd still recommend the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My first trip to Bacolod City in 40 years. The hotel is near everything. The room was clean, water pressure was strong, and water heater was efficient. The breakfast fare was so so, and the weakest link. Thankfully, there are a number of restaurants within a block of the hotel, including Pancake House, a Japanese restaurant, a fast food restaurant, and a 7-11 store.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the side street for peace and quiet.