“best location in down town Bacolod”

MO2 Westown Hotel Bacolod - Downtown
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Manila, Philippines
“best location in down town Bacolod”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I love this hotel because it is around 250m from the SM Mall, short walk to the public plaza and just within downtown area. PUJs pass by the hotel and it is one ride away to Lacson Strip--- the city's emerging night life, Robinson's mall and Gaisano. Rooms are clean and basic... wifi was slow... no swimming pool. We paid P1600.00 pesos though for a room for two which is quite expensive...but no regrets. If u can afford it, why not?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nha Trang
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My stay was from May 12th to the 17th, 2014

Pros-
Hotel is well maintained

-The lobby area is is nicely decorated and maintained. One of the best I've seen in the PI for this price range. I've stayed in many higher priced hotels in Manila and Cebu City and they don't come close to matching the quality of this hotel.

-Restaurant has a good selection and good prices. I only ate there a couple of times but the food was tasty and beer cold.

-The room is a nice size well appointed and in good repair. The bed had a real box spring mattress and was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice as well with everything working and in good repair.

-The staff was excellent, friendly and eager to help when needed for information or assistance. They made it a real pleasure to stay here.

-SM mall is very close to the hotel. Only a 5 minute walk and you're there.

Cons

-The wifi was up and down. It was easy to connect to the hotel router but the connection outside to the PLDT internet service was not good. It was constant battle to get online. The hotel needs to address this problem.

-Pollution is a problem in this area of town. Lots of jeepneys belching black polluting exhaust into the air. Its not as much fun as it could be walking around given the quality of the air.

A fun area to go for a night out is what the locals call the Art District near Lacson St and Santa Clara. Lots of small and large bars and restaurants. Good food and cold beers and lots people. Bob's Cafe is also great, in SM and there's one along Lacson Sreet.

Would be 5 stars if not for the internet problems and air quality outside the hotel.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank BeenAroundAsia
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Good location near Malls and food. Rooms wonderful clean and comfortable. Great off the main street secure parking! Front desk staff excellent! Restaurant on this visit, warm beer and staff was to busy chatting in a group about personal subjects not even paying attention to their customers. I stay here often, Quite comfortable good sleep! Good value Promo rates!

Room Tip: Ask for Promo rates php 1200.00 in April 2014
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 52traveler2014
customer_care1003, Manager at MO2 Westown Hotel Bacolod - Downtown, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review on our property. We are very glad that you have a comfortable and pleasant stay in our hotel. We are now working on improving our coffeeshop / restaurant a good place to dine in by giving our customer an ample attention to their needs. Thank you for choosing MO2 Westown Hotel a place to stay here in Bacolod City.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed one night. Actually I asked the taxi driver to take me to Westown, not realising there was two, the other one being at Mandalagan where I stayed before. This was very similar in the rooms, and the same prices, but a better location being close to the SM mall downtown.
My room was facing the street, so a little noisy.....I assume the ones on the other (rear) side would be quieter.
The receptionist was very friendly with a happy smile and also efficient.

Room Tip: Get a room not fronting the street at the front.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MrDestiny
Thank you for your time writing a review on our property. For your next stay you can request from our friendly receptionist to give you a room at the back side because it is more quite than on the street side. Our receptionist can help you with that, as long as there is a same room type available. We hope to serve you again in your next visit here in Bacolod City.
Manila
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Nothing to complain about, nothing to rave about. The hotel was not spotless but it was clean enough. A few insects were noted but that's common in a tropical country. Some wear and tear noted but the place did not look shabby. Rooms and bathrooms were a bit dimly lit. Interiors were a bit dated but the hotel wasn't ugly. I like taking a shower with hot water and I had a good supply of hot water. One of the others in our group said he found the water too hot and that the water temperature was not so easy to adjust...it was very hot but if you turned the knob just a little, the water was not warm enough so you spend some time getting the water temp right, but no big deal. The aircon took a while to cool. I don't normally like very cold rooms so I was surprised that I found the aircon to be on the warm side. Not bad enough to complain about. My minibar fridge door had some problems with the seal so the door would sometimes open a bit. No safety deposit box in the room. I didn't eat at the resto but I heard service was a bit slow. No room service past 10 I think. Not a lot of restos in the area but SM is not far...a quick stroll during the day but I wouldn't walk around at night as the area is fairly dimly lit. Stayed on the second floor and I could hear a bit of noise (traffic) from the street. Curtains did not completely block out light. The bed was comfy enough but since the aircon did not get very cold, I found the blanket to be too warm. The room and bathroom were spacious. I normally bring my own toiletries but I took note that soap and shampoo/conditioner were provided. Free wifi. It's a no smoking establishment but even then I think they should have smike detectors/alarms and sprinklers.
A decent place and not too expensive but next time I think I'll stay at one of the newer establishments along Lacson street. There are more establishments like convenience stores and restos in that area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Our stay in mo2 hotel is not so good because you can't even feel that you are welcome to this hotel, even the staff is not friendly...
The room is fine, clean but its just a room what i mean is hiw can you feel the home hotel if the staff is not good and approachable..
but i well not recommend this hotel

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time in writing a review on our property. As we continue to improve our service we are glad to hear feedback for you, in order for us to serve you better. We would like to apologize for the unhappy experience you have during your stay, but we hope you can give us again a chance in the future. We are working on the negative remark you have sited, and feel more at home staying in our hotel again.

Travellers are raving about these Bacolod hotels

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Very consistent. Clean, classy, and very near the pier, mall, and entertainment. The mall and moviehouse is a 2minute walk from the hotel.Bacolod Chicken Inasal is also nearby.
Techy elevator, huge rooms, good AC. Lobby is spacious.

Room for improvement? Breakfast should be included in the room rate.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank RonGaby V
customer_care1003, Manager at MO2 Westown Hotel Bacolod - Downtown, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for your positive review on our hotel. We are very happy to know that you have a pleasant stay with us. We are looking forward on your next stay. Regarding the room with breakfast, we have a new promo implemented right now, wherein you just have to upgrade your room and get free breakfast for two.