“Ideal Pick in Bacolod”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Philippines
“Ideal Pick in Bacolod”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

IT WASN'T BAD! I love the value for money it offers --- strategic location in the city's center, great services, amazing food, and I really enjoyed the massage that I availed on my last night of stay there! also, the roof-top deck -- with a clean and big swimming pool -- made the dining an exceptional experience during our stay. I guess I was on the place at the right time as things were largely new and renovated. I like the sufficient light coming into my room from the balcony. The hotel might not be that big, but for as long as you are content with a decent and quiet place with professional crew members, this should be on top of your list!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony facing the sea! Great view. Better air movement too.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank theberntraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Makati City
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Been staying in this hotel the last 10 years and i'm always looking for a comfortable stay every time up... Comfortable rooms with big beds... Great breakfast buffet, clean facilities... Very friendly staff... Wide selection of meals.. All in a reasonable price... Looking forward to my next stay - I actually recommended this hotel for a corporate event this end of september 2012...

Room Tip: Honestly, any room would do...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MonjayDeJesus
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 August 2012

!!!!Stay in the Challet!!! The rest of the hotel is in DESPERATE need of renovation. I was there on business, and the only available room was the "matrimonial suite". I'm sure it was a great honeymoon retreat if it were 1985... but it's 2012. And what's with no iron/ironing board?!? If you're going not going to have a way for me to iron something and be out of my room an hour later, please have the staff ready to have something ironed and back to me within the hour. Breakfast was included in my room, but the food was mediocre at best.

Room Tip: Ask for two keys, as you need the key to power the room... and if you like your room ice cold when y...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Manila
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I've been staying in L'Fisher Hotel since the early 1990s, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the rooms were newly renovated, including the dining area. The beds, furniture, bathroom fixtures, TV etc were new. Bed was very firm. Bathroom has signs of age but at least has new fixtures, etc. The price is a above average but comes with free buffet breakfast, which I must say has improved since I last was there in terms of food choices. Was a bit disappointed though with the TV's audio - sounded like a CPU speaker.

I also took note that a new Calea cafe is across the street plus lots of choices of restaurants and fastfood restos all walking distance. It also has wifi in the hotel lobby and a business center for those business travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mike321ph
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

overall accommodation is good. service is okay, and the food not that great but the function halls and room are all nice, spacious, and clean..plus the location is great since it's very accessible to shops, malls, restaurants especially calea which is just fronting the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank betchay28
sta rosa philippines
Reviewed 18 August 2012

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, the room was ok but the aircon was poor and with the hot climate, it was not enough to cool the big room. the conference organizer did not arrange our shuttle from the hotel to the airport but the hotel staff arranged it for us and charged us a very minimal amount.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Maribernardo
Livermore, California
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This review is a little of both LFisher and it's sister property Chalet.

I have stayed at LFisher twice and based on my stay last year found it to be needing a good remodelling. It smelled musty and damp. The carpet needed changing and so did the curtains.

This trip, we decided to try their newer establishment, Chalet, located just behind LFisher. You can actually reach the older hotel via a long hallway although Chalet has a separate lobby and entrance. It also has it's own rooftop restaurant and pool with a swim-up bar.

We booked two rooms in late June 2012, a standard room and the grand superior room. The rooms were adequately furnished and just right for our needs. Our only complaint is that the bathrooms need more counter space. There was no room to even put our toiletries anywhere around the sink. I did like the airiness of the grand superior room and the sunset views were spectacular (just get pass the shanties and a motel).

The breakfasts that came with our rooms (buffet for the bigger room and plated for the standard room) was nothing special. We all agreed that for a hotel that seems to strive to be considered close to a five-star establishment, it lacked thought and care. After three days of the hotel breakfast, even I wanted to eat at a Jollibee. Even the dinner we had at the rooftop restaurant was nothing to remember. We did like the fresh pineapple juice from the bar and the ambiance.

The service was okay but very impersonal. We just didn't feel the warm and fuzzies we felt in other Philippine hotels.

The location may be the only reason why I would stay here again. It's close to downtown but not in the midst of the hustle and bustle. Maybe a little more training for the staff on how to make the guests more at home is in order then guests would actually look forward to returning because they really want to not because they have to.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family