“Could of been nice”

Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
“Could of been nice”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed in Deluxe room. Toilet did not flush, so I had to fill the bathroom trash can up with water every time my husband or i used the toilet. The air-con barely worked. When we asked to have them fixed, they never came to our room and did nothing about it. For the price of the deluxe room you would expect breakfast to be included, but it is not. I booked the deluxe room online because it listed a "bath tub" in the description. There was no tub. Only shower. Seeing the other reviews it is obvious they upset many people by not offering early check-in. They know the most common flight into Bacolod arrives at 6am. Don't offer me a airport pick-up, ask what time i will be arriving at the hotel, then when I get there tell me I have to wait 7 hours to check -in. I would of just booked somewhere else. I wish I would have.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel that offers breakfast and early check-in if you are arriving in the morning...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your comments and I will have the issues you brought up looked into. My apologies too for the misunderstanding regarding bathtubs and breakfast in our Deluxe Rooms. The first page of our website actually states "Bathtub in some rooms" and this message is also repeated in other places on our website like in the booking engine as well as in the specific room description. Breakfast, unlike in our Executive Wing rooms, are not mentioned just like the rest of our Main Wing rooms. Even our booking engine specifies rooms and rates with breakfast and no breakfast. As for early check in, we do welcome this as long as rooms are available but like all hotels, cannot guarantee this. There are also more than 15 daily flights into Bacolod and they are spread out during the day and most of our guests do not arrive very early. We also offer free luggage storage for guests whose early check in request cannot be accommodated. Despite the issues you mentioned, I hope you had a good rest and will assure you that we will address everything you brought up. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 18 April 2014

For an additional P400, the Deluxe room is a huge step from the regular room. The bathroom is nice, interiors are beautiful, has a small refrigerator, the cabinets are new with a safe provided. Couples, book a deluxe room! I was first booked in a regular room for P1,009. The bed was comfortable, air-conditioning was good, and the water pressure was strong. The room was however musty, cramped, had no view, cabinets were old, bathroom door was made of plastic, and I found small cockroaches in the bathroom. I guess it just needed to be aired because it was better after it had been lived in for a night. Nevertheless, I was happy that I asked to see a deluxe room the next day.

This hotel is in a safe location, and is next to a 24 hour convenience store. There is also an outdoor pool in this hotel open from 9am-9pm. The pool was just filled with fresh water when we came so it was quite inviting. While there is a small resto lounge in this hotel, I do not recommend having breakfast here. The fruits offered were browning, the sandwiches were insubstantial, and the breakfast buffet was not extensive. Service further needs improvement as the front desk people are too relaxed and quite insensitive to the needs of their guests. They came across as incompetent and unhappy with their jobs. For instance, as I waited to be checked out, one customer complained that he asked for a wake-up call but it never came, which made him miss an important appointment. The receptionist was not even apologetic as she claimed to have not been made aware of the request. Overall, this hotel offers great value for money for deluxe rooms, but I would like to see their regular rooms renovated, and drastic improvement in their food selection and services.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room or at least a regular room with a pool view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean, very elegant and classy... my favorite hotel in Bacolod so far... with 24hr convenient store nearby... Foods and room services were great too... all food that we ordered were so delicious.. I would recommend deluxe room to everyone who loves class and elegance... It's just so perfect. The interiors of the hotel are exquisite. Can't wait to come back.... :)

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank xtnjd
Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel with friends, room was spacious.. front desk was accommodating..we waited an hour before we could check in, we were at the hotel around 1pm but the room wasn't available until 3pm(don't really know the reason) that ticked as off a bit but the staff offered a late check out the following day (usual check out is 12 noon, we could stay until 1pm). Over all a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charmaigne A
Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend have been returning guests of this hotel since 2012. He is a foreigner and he would be in Bacolod atleast 3 times a year for a couple of days and we have always stayed in this hotel because of the location and convenience. And so far we have been satisfied with our stays. Not until our last stay a few days ago (Feb 8-13, 2014). His flight was still at 8:35PM, so I asked him if it's possible to ask the front desk for a late check out for free although we knew well that they have a charge for it and that maybe they can consider since we were regular customers. He then informed me that they have allowed us to stay until 5PM for free but beyond that they will charge for the whole day rate. Due to an urgent meeting, we have decided to check out at 2:15PM and just leave our luggage at their storage room. Upon paying the bill, we were surprised that they have charged us for the half day rate. We tried to inform them about what has been agreed by the AM front desk and my boyfriend. However, the AM front desk has already left. They tried to call her and she returned at the hotel. She said she informed him about the half day rate until 5PM. We thought that there must be a misunderstanding that's why we decided to pay the late check out fee and asked them if it's possible to keep the room until 5PM. They allowed us and we returned our lugagge inside the room and left for a meeting. Due to series of meetings, we arrived at the hotel at 4:58P.M. I know well that we can only keep the room until 5PM that's why I asked the front desk if it's possible to give us another 15minutes since my boyfriend wanted to take a shower since he will be travelling a long flight going back to his country. But the front desks informed us that it wasn't possible because the charging was automatic in their system. I asked them we only needed few minutes and if it's possible to talk to the manager for approval. But they told us that they didn't have a manager that time and the assistant of the manager was also on leave. I explained to them that we have already paid the half day rate, is it too much to ask for another 15 minutes for a regular customer who stayed for 5 nights just to take a quick shower? I even gave them other options, but unfortunately they didn't want to do anything for us. I felt so disappointed that time but my boyfriend did't want to argue anymore so we just took our luggage and checked out at 5:04PM. I asked the front desk if the other half day rate was automatically charged in their system because we were beyond 4 minutes. She said yes, but they can cancel it since it was only 4 mins. How come they can cancel the 4 mins but not the 15mins? It was so disappointing! They have lost a regular customer for just an extra 15mins they can give.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank ladyzahn
SmrtTrav, General Manager at Circle Inn - Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I am sorry for your disappointment and this late response. I have addressed the issue with the Front Office Staff concerned a day after your check out. I understand that staff that are new should not be an excuse but we have learned our lesson from this one. I look forward to your next visit.

Travellers are raving about these Bacolod hotels

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel. Everytime me and my family visits Bacolod City, this is the hotel we chose to stay in.

Pros:
They have a huge parking space for hotel guest.
We stayed in the Deluxe room. The room is big, modern and clean. The bed are big and very comfortable.
Free wifi in the room and around the hotel.
Staff are very friendly and efficient.
There is a 24hr convenience store outside of the hotel.

Cons:
No blowdryer in the room.
No complimentary bottled water for hotel guest.
The pool isn't so big and it is a bit deep for kids to swim. But still my kids enjoyed the pool and their koi pond inside the lobby.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've stayed here on my three trips to Bacolod. I've enjoyed all three of my stays and would recommend Circle inn to my family and friends. I stayed in Deluxe rooms all three stays, twice on the 2nd floor and once on the first. For a foreign visitor the hotel is a very good value. For motel six price you get to stay at much nicer hotel. The Deluxe rooms are very nice, large bed with a good mattress. The food is not expensive and is decent. Maybe its just i'm a friendly guy but I was always greeted with a word and a smile by all of the staff. The front desk girls were very helpful on my second trip on getting my laptop to connect to the wifi. The door guards were always friendly and helpful with getting a taxi. One of the things I love about Bacolod is that Taxis are much cheaper than manila. For 70 pesos I could get almost anywhere in the city. Also in three separate trips, with over 100 taxi rides at least, only once had a taxi driver try to pull the forgot to turn on meter scam on me. The hotel has a breakfast buffet but if you are wanting a western breakfast just skip that and order off the menu. The pancakes are good and they will make your eggs anyway you want. The price for my breakfast, pancake or toast two eggs and a drink, was usually the same or less than the buffet so no problems with that. The one thing I wish they would add is some bacon to the menu. On the deluxe rooms, comfortable and spacious, nice chair not one of those plastic lawn chairs I've experienced in cheaper hotels. Very nice bathroom but be careful adjusting the water in the shower, very sensitive and a small turn of the knob will turn your shower super hot to super cold. Once you get the hang of it works fine.Decent towels as well, wish they would include a wash cloth but never gotten that anywhere in the PI. The fridge worked well in all three of the rooms i've been in. The little electric pot to make hot water in for coffee and tea works great and is super fast. The big circle windows for the rooms on the second floor are cool and unique. I'll try to update this with some pictures later this trip and any follow up for this trip as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple