“Slightly above average...”

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Bacolod
Kuwait City
“Slightly above average...”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I booked my room at Grand Regal via booking.com (who I usually book my rooms through).

On arrival at there was no room available - I had booked a suite - and had to show my booking receipt from booking.com, at which point the reception staff found my details. Despite this I had to wait over 45 minutes while my room was prepared - even though it was 9.15pm.

The hotel is old and quite dated, with 70s style decor, but despite this is reasonably comfortable with nice bathrooms and good air-con in the rooms.

The hotel staff were largely courteous and the room service I ordered was of a good standard.

Overall, if forgetting the issues at check-in, it was an ok stay and I would consider staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PatrickJones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We choose Grand Regal Hotel due to a promo rate offered by a taxi driver at the airport; we feel we made a great decision and even stayed an extra night due to great staff and a wonderful breakfast buffet including fresh fruits, local dishes, fresh eggs cooked per our request, several Western options, toast, cereal, brewed coffee, etc. As others have indicated, this is an older hotel but still nice, clean and a good value overall. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cher-and-Jim
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel was quite old but the overall look is still nice. The hotel staff are some of the most courteous, honest, and accommodating people we've ever encountered. When we paid for 2 nights, when we were actually staying there for less than 24 hours, the receptionist was the one who insist on refunding us the excess payment. We sincerely appreciate the honesty of that lady (too bad we didn't get her name). Another notable staff is the guard on duty, as he took the time to inquire about the bus schedule, he showed real concern and went beyond his duty :-D. We're lucky to avail their promo and I must say that it was really great value for our money!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MaAnn A
Makati
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is a bit old and run down but still attracts a steady clientele because of its location, accessibility to transportation and its affordability.
The room is clean, AC is functioning properly. The heater of the room where I stayed (room 245) wasn't functioning well though. The TV channel of the cable is very limited. No CNN or BBC. The staff (receptionists) were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: room 245 does have a window but does not have a view of the city. just a wall.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alain Joseph C C
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I always stay at this hotel until recently encountered receptionist with poor customer service. She does not seem to know how to swipe a credit card!! Told me to give her another one coz im over my limit or just pay in cash. I decided to pay in cash and she did not give me change!! I was supposed to stay for a week but moved to planta instead!! I showed her the credit card print out in plant... Told her see it works!!?? Please teach your people common courtesy!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Siberianhuskies

Travellers are raving about these Bacolod hotels

Himamaylan
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Had to make the trek to Bacolod again for medical tests and buy construction supplies for our house so we stayed here. They have a totally new menu and it is very nice. We began with some ceviche which was excellent. My wife had chop suey and the serving was large and flavorful. I had a veggie lasagne that was terrific, but they didn't have crushed red pepper flakes so they chopped up some fresh katumbal for me. My wife also had a watermelon shake that seemed very fresh. The menu included some great desserts and a wide variety of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. The reason we ended up eating at the hotel was a fine restaurant that was across the street, Bigby's, had closed since our last visit. Happy for the changes, it made a lovely evening for us.

Room Tip: Ask if any parties or campaigns will be going on and get a room on the other side of the hotel. If n...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Himamaylan
Reviewed 11 December 2012

If you travel to Negros Occidental you must stay at this hotel. Others are run down and not kept up and don't have much in the way of facilities. This hotel was P999($25) a night and the breakfast buffet was P250 but recently we stayed again and the price is now P1400(less then $35) and includes breakfast for two. I am happy they did this since before not many guests had the buffet but now it inlcudes more good food including eggs to order, coffee and juice. Pretty basic rooms but clean and nice with king size beds and pretty good water heaters for your shower. Also have a mini fridge to use. Right across the street is a Gaisano Mall, a few eateries, stores and grocery and department store and cinema. I just drove for the first time in Bacolod after dropping off my wife at a teacher's seminar and even though I got great directions it was still fun getting lost and finding my way. I found some stores I didn't know existed this way!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family