“Poor banquet service ”

Ranked #5 of 283 Restaurants in Bacolod
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I've booked them as the venue for an event last 2013. The event was supposed to start at 9am. Their usual operating hours is 10am but they said they can accommodate my request. I got there at 8:30am but the venue is far from being ready for the event. Chairs and tables not yet arranged. The mess that resembles the previous night's merry-making was very visible. No service crew was available to assist me. The kitchen staff won't help either. The food was terrible except for the Pepper steak which was the only one that tasted ok. The pasta was bland. Salad did not have enough dressing. Soup wasn't good either. Assorted cakes was very ordinary. They must have gotten it from a local bakery. I expected their food to taste as good as when I dine there as a walk-in guest. I should expect good food and good service considering that they charged me a hefty price.

1  Thank aMz a

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

if talking about the place alone, this restaurant wins best in design hands down. staff are friendly however it takes a little bit more of patience to wait for your order. i love the bangus with veggies underneath.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

21 is a upper class restaurant here in Bacolod which is specialized in Filipino food. If in Bacolod it is one of the few must have visited places. Beside their food I liked their lychee shakes.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Ate twice at cafe 21 at the lobby of go hotel. Affordable meals with average taste. A slice of cake is also recommendable. I only hope they'd open 24 hours for the guests.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We've eaten here a few times previously and frankly once it was ok. Each time I have been though and I don't know if it's me, I'm a Brit and my wife is from this city, I am always disappointed. But with limited other choices, we find ourselves sitting here amidst the usual array of stained table clothes, toilets with no soap, no toilet paper and clearly no cleansing and crap staff.

Either they don't have what's on the menu or it's late or the staff are as friendly as a warthog in your underpants.

The menu is long and at first glance offers a considerable choice. Now I'm not one for chicken skin or other Pinoy delicacies but on this trip my wife and I ventured here twice. The first time our two freinds and my wife had finished their meals before mine had arrived and I had simple fried chicken, a request for a search and my meal resulted in little but a shrug from staff. The chicken was annihilated and almost in edible and the salad is brought to the table which is a mess of lettuce and cucumber smothered in an obnoxious almost nuclear coloured mustard dressing.

And why oh why do they bring the starter and main together is it not beyond the realms of comprehension that I don't want to eat both at the same time.

The second time yesterday evening with a local Freind and I don't know if it's me, but the roast beef whilst actually quite tasty and accompanied with tobacco onions, mash and a vegetable was stone cold. I could have sent it back made a scene but experiences from past escapades here suggest one should save ones breath and opt for one of the other non mouth watering restaurants in town.

My advice sure, try it, be disappointed you'll be back and disappointed again. The staff frankly stare at you and really could care little about you. The surroundings are contemporary and it has the location and interior to be quite special but never fails to fail.

Leave it... Go to natures village restaurant.