“Convenient and clean hotel”
Review of Urban Inn

Urban Inn
Ranked #15 of 53 Iloilo City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Urban in is located at the heart of Iloilo and is accessible to public transportation. It is a small hotel but offers adequate amenities that fit the needs of business travellers. The rooms are clean and looks new. The room comes with a complimentary but basic Filipino breakfast. There is a 24 hour convenience store next to the hotel and la paz market is just a block away.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VincentRapisura

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is an old review of the inn. My Husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. The inn rooms were full when we tried to checked in but they offered us a room which had 2 single beds. It was a nice clean room. Staffs were okay. Breakfast was average but still an advantage because only a few hotels in Iloilo usually serve breakfast inclusive of the room rates. The problem was that we don't have a good WiFi signal. The A/C is a bit noisy. But all in all we had a nice stay in the inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gleesheil
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was my second stay at the place. I asked for a family room that can accommodate three adults and they gave us a room with two double deck beds. I do not mind sleeping on top of the double deck bed but it was a bit tricky to go up and down it. We had this big room with a big post in the middle. Another problem was there was not enough space between the upper and lower bunk. My mother and sister are only five feet tall and yet when they sit on the lower bunk their head touches the bottom of the upper bunk.

The breakfast is still so so. You will be better off walking to La Paz Market and trying out dishes at Netong's La Paz Batchoy or Madge Cafe.

The staff are still accommodating and quite helpful with directions for going around the city.

Room Tip: Avoid the double deck beds. It is better to get extra mattresses and sleep on the floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank litrato101
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here after our guimaras trip.
Rooms- ok, with a/c, cable tv
Cleanliness- clean enough
Rooftop- creepy...
Restaurant- closes by 7 or 8 pm
Location - walking distance to gaisano mall, neighbourhood ---not that great (a bit downtown), safety is quite an issue.
Staffs- very nice.

Our stay was ok until we found out that the inn was a former lying-in clinic...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnEmDee
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I am from Iloilo but I highly recommend this place. Why? Whenever some of my friends come to Iloilo even my own family, I always book their stay at Urban Inn. Rate is very affordable and the hotel is clean, safe and the staff are well-trained to cater to every guest's needs.

For backpackers, or those who come to Iloilo for trips, this is a very cost-effective accommodation. All you need is a place for a nice sleep and Urban Inn offers that. There are also many types of rooms that can house up to 8-10 people.

I love their set-up of wall-beds. It is very innovative.

Highly recommended for students, backpackers or those who just want to be practical when it comes to choosing their hotel in Iloilo.

Room Tip: For wi-fi, ask the staff to book you in rooms that has connection.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Valerie C
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This was my 2nd stay in the hotel, and the only place I stay in Iloilo every time I visited the city. I think that most of their rooms are well designed and properly arranged. I also had good experiences with their staff. They didn't fail me yet.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jul-Yan-Fra
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The staff are so friendly the rooms are very clean and well maintained, but the problem with this place is the food, it has just changed hands the the breakfast menu is so poor its either fish and rice or just rice, take you pick. I went and bought some beams bread and asked for beans and egg on toast, god love the cook but she could not get the toast right.
For breakfast I would attempt to cross the road and dinr out.
The gym is a mini gym on the roof.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple