“Average hotel”
Review of Westown Hotel

Westown Hotel
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Iloilo City
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Checked-in in a junior suite, room is okay but pillows and bed not cleaned properly.

Food is average.

Staff are not that friendly.

The hotel is crowded in the morning and noise can be annoying. The chalet area caters non-check in guest which looses its privacy aspect in the pool area.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Bea Bern G
There are newer reviews for Westown Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our story is very similar to the other reviews but with a new twist. Like others we arrived and took a look at the room. Everything looked good with comfortable beds and fixtures. We figured we would get a good night sleep. We were very tired due to a long day of driving and dealing with corrupt government departments so planed for an early night. That’s where the trouble started.
At about 8pm the music started. It is now a live band, drums and all at the affiliated night club at the same complex. It was so loud. I figured that it would stop before midnight as this is a hotel where people would want to sleep. Stupid me! By 1 am and no sleep I rang the front desk asking what is going on? They said that the music will stop at 2 am. They also said that that will check to see if they had another room available. Like others have reported they never seem to have the other quitter room available, funny that. They supplied ear plugs that did nothing to stop the 1000 decibels of bass drums. As it was now 1:30 am I figured we will only have to wait another 30 minutes and all will be quiet. 4 hours sleep is better than nothing. Once again, stupid me! The live band did stop at 2am but this is where the new twist starts. After the live band the disco went into full swing. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, pause, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM at the same level of about 1000 decibels until about 5am. The US government use sleep deprivation by loud music as a torture method to get information out of terrorist. It’s nice to know you can pay good money for the same treatment.
It is clearly obvious that this organisation has no respect for their guest as after many complaints they have only made the noise worst. All they care about is making more money at the expense of the hotel guest. In the end we had no sleep at all with a very busy day of very important meetings that required a clear head following. At 6 am we left the hotel. They would not even produce a manager when asked repeatedly knowing exactly what was coming. I was very vocal with very colourful language at that point but I get the feeling they were not surprised. It has all happened before.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. It looks good but TURN AROUND AND WALK OUT IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP. There are many other good hotels at the same price to choose from.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard H
Human Resource O, Manager at Westown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Sir,
We regret to know the uncomfortable experience you had in staying with us. We had been constantly reminding our Front desk Receptionists to always inform the Guests upon reservation, booking and Check in with regards to the location of the hotel (center of night life in Iloilo City) in order for our guests to have options.

Weekends are at the peak of the party events in the area. We are very sorry if despite the options that the receptionists has offered, you were not amenable to it. The front office receptionists has offered for a room transfer at the back part of the hotel as you mentioned, and as per checking on your accommodation details, no room transfer has been noted since you refuse to have a room transfer. We always try to provide options for our guests. I as the officer in charge had been informed of the incident the following morning but guests had already checked out.

Again, we would like to extend our apology regarding the incident.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Check in 6 pm , nice comfortable, clean , then all went bad! at 10 PM the worst and loudest Music coming from the hotel owned night club bar on a monday night, Could not even hear the TV called front desk they lied to me, said wasn't coming from hotel and they have no control and nothing they can do! Complete Lies!l! 2 am finally stopped I had a meeting at 8 am. Next morning I confirmed they are sister companies M02 bar and westown hotel, I should have read the tripadvisor reviews! NEVER STAY AGAIN NEVER NEVER! Westown learn some basic customer service skills!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank 52traveler2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel itself is not too bad. The rooms were pretty clean for the most part. And if you like a cold room, the a/c definitely works. It's in a good location if you are looking for a party scene and it's about a 15-20 minute walk from SM mall. The breakfast at the restaurant downstairs is pretty decent. I do recommend the blueberry waffles if you don't mind that they aren't the crunchier/ toasted kind like an Eggo waffle. The unfortunate thing for this hotel is it is next door to a bar called Ice that plays it's music obnoxiously loud. What upsets me most, is that when we checked in, we specifically asked if it was far from the bar. Yes, the room is far from the street but it is definitely not "far enough" from the bar as she said. Unless she is wasn't trained or no one reads reviews, it's very obvious that the bar that everyone has a problem with is ICE. When you check - in make sure you request NOT facing the pool because I can guarantee you at 1:30 am - which is what time i'm currently writing this - you'll be woken up by some loud obnoxious boom boom noise going on outside your window. Also soundproofing doesn't seem to exist because we could basically hear the people next door having a somewhat normal voice conversation. Beware or avoid this place if you value your sleep, piece of mind and are pregnant - because you'll be super irritated in the middle of the night like me.

Room Tip: Any room not facing the pool
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KristiniGee
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had read a few reviews mentioning the noise, but I normally don't mind if I'm in a busy place, and it was a Wednesday. When I checked in, the lady at the reception desk quickly mentioned "it's a room facing the entrance, is that fine?", without explaining what that meant.

The room was nice, comfortable and clean. At first, internet seemed not to be working, but apparently it's an automatic error message that you get even if everything is fine (the connection was rather fast, actually). The items in the minibar (softdrinks, chocolates, chips) are reasonably priced, and you get complimentary water and tea/instant coffee.

There's also a swimming pool, which is quite nice given the hot weather.

Then, at about 9pm, I found out what "facing the entrance" really meant. There was a disco-bar right in front of my room, with dozens of teenagers having a loud karaoke party, and obviously no sound-proofing of any sort. I thought it was going to be a couple of hours of so, and it didn't bother me too much. At midnight, no sign of the party being over, I called the reception only to find out that the party would be over at 2am. On a Wednesday, no holiday of any sort. They apologized for not having informed me, but also explained that there was no other room available. The lady kindly offered to bring me a set of earplugs, which I gladly accepted and finally got some rest.

If you really have to / want to stay here, ask in advance if they have any party, and in any case make sure to get a room on the quieter side of the hotel (which I doubt is really "quiet" anyway). Unless of course you're one of the party guests, in which case this might be the ideal place to spend the rest of your night.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms facing the entrance (and the disco) unless you plan to stay up all night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank shari81
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Located at Smallville - the center of Iloilo night life, where most of the bars and restaurants are. We stayed overnight during our business trip last January at Westown Hotel. Although we did not have chance to explore the hotel and the pool because we were practically out the whole day and we just used our rooms for sleeping, the place seems nice and we had a peaceful sleep. The room is big enough for two, and bathroom have the usual amenities like other hotels. The staff was courteous but service at the restaurant was a bit slow (food was okay).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne N
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I found the place very comfortable and very entertaining because if you want to have fun at night, Westown is surrounded by different bars and food trips can be easily made.

The ambiance is very quiet and relaxing; the staff are very accommodating and the room area is quiet enough. Its so nice to see the sunrise and sunset from above (4th floor).

My stay here last February and December 2013 is truly great.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool and bars is recommended.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaAileen
Human Resource O, Manager at Westown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Sir,
We are glad to know how you had a pleasant stay with us. We will strive more to be of great service to you again.

Thank You for choosing Mo2 Westown Hotel, thank you for staying with us.