“Booked because of their LAN connection but got only Wifi”
Review of Days Hotel Iloilo

Days Hotel Iloilo
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Iloilo City
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
“Booked because of their LAN connection but got only Wifi”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We chose this hotel on the last minute because upon calling them first, front desk assured me that they do have a wired internet connection which is what I need for my VOIP. We checked-in already late around 10PM since we came from a 6hour land trip from Caticlan. The front desk girl wasn't friendly which hinted me I may not have a good stay at their hotel. Indeed I didn't. We booked a modern deluxe and immediately tried their LAN connection, and guess what? It doesn't work. Doesn't work at all. Someone from their Engineering department came to help, but he wasn't able to fix it and that took an hour. He tried it on the adjacent room and said it worked fine there, so I called the front desk to request if we could transfer. And wow, she said she will still try to call the IT specialist (who is already home) and if no avail that's the time she will transfer us. That did it. We were so tired from long travel and we had to wait for another hour till she could transfer us. I couldn't even lay on bed yet for courtesy since we might be transferred. So I was just sitting on the chair and standing while waiting for them. I really felt bad especially that we will have an early flight the following day. Aside from that, I also had a bad experience when transferring that I felt a little offended but I won'r divulge that anymore.

So much for my sentiments above, I'm just glad I still had a good sleep. The bed was a two double bed and the pillow were comfy. Also, the wifi is good since the router is nearby (but that didn't made up for the promised LAN connection).

Their shower is not good. You will have to make do the little water that the shower pours. I have always enjoyed shower but not at Days.

Breakfast was a buffet but did not enjoy it. Every single staff in the buffet asked for our room number to make sure we were guests I guess. But i don't like it. They should have someone who is assigned to that so that there would only be one person who will take care of that and not all of them asking the guests the room number. The spread wasn't much and my omelette wasn't cook good :(

The check-out took a while..

All in all, It was my first stay in Ilo-Ilo City and regret having my first hotel stay at Days.

Room Tip: The staff from Engineering department said the rooms on the last floor had better wifi connection si...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank inLovewithMatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I really enjoyed my stay in your hotel. I love the place (which is located in the heart of the city) which is very convenient (if i feel like going to grocery, salon, ticketing office, boutiques, salon, hospitals, banks,etc.), I also like the staffs (very courteous, friendly and always smiling). My room was actually modern deluxe room, it was bright and clean. toothbrush w/ toothpaste, soap, shampoo,lotion and 2 bottled waters were provided. Buffet breakfast was awesome (i love the chicken tocino, bacon and corned beef). I also tried the spa...its actually very relaxing!
I can really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank raecee
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 22 September 2012

the hotel's location is great with a mini mall on the 1st to 3rd floors and taxis waiting outside the hotel. it's also close to the city.

free breakfast is good with a lot of choices, local and continental breakfast. there's also free wi-fi for hotel guests but the cignal is unreliable.

i got their refurbished room and it was spacious enough and very clean. bed is king sized with duvet and soft pillows which was a plus for me. there were free toiletries including slippers and toothbrush but no bathrobe and hair dryer has to be requested. room was well-lighted and i love the fact that there are 4 available outlets and i was able to charge my devices at the same time. there's a window but it opens up to nothing but a wall. service was great and everyone was very helpful and attentive. they even allowed our group to check-in at 8am.

needs improvement: the in-room safe wasn't working, low water pressure for the shower and no hot water! also had a hard time flushing the toilet. woke up in the middle of the night coz there was a problem with the air condition but everything went back to normal after around an hour.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Catet B
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed again here for more than two weeks last April. For us it is still the best hotel Iloilo can offer. The hotel's location is convenient for all of our needs such as banking, currency exchange, travel agency, groceries, restaurants, haircuts, makeups, spa, internet cafe, dry cleaning, etc. Buffet breakfast was good and we got upgraded to a higher level type of room for being repeat guests and loyal customers. We were able to book and use one of their function rooms in such a short notice and everything was excellent. Staff was as usual friendly, helpful and attentive to our needs. Special mention and thanks to the following staff of Days hotel Iloilo: George, the night shift front desk staff who helped in our reservation process; to FinnieMay, housekeeping staff who always goes the extra mile to make our room clean and comfy and to Edwin at the Promenade Restaurant, always a smiling face and wonderful attitude. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to visit Iloilo City.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank tworns
John Alexander Q, Manager at Days Hotel Iloilo, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We very much appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel team. We will surely let them know that you were very much satisfied with their work. We look forward to welcoming you again at Days Hotel Iloilo. Feel free to e-mail us at gm@dayshotel.com.ph should you start planning your visit again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Basic hotel in that there are few amenities and the toiletries/towels are certainly similar to a 3 star Days Inn in North America. However it gets a bump because of location -- in a small shopping mall with access to a good coffee shop (CoffeeBreak) and supermarket.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
John Alexander Q, Manager at Days Hotel Iloilo, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We're very glad that you enjoyed Days Hotel Iloilo's fine location and numerous options inside one building, The Atrium. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The hotel is located at the upper floor of a mid-sized shopping center. It is also right across the Provincial Capitol and walking distance from a branch of SM Department Store.

I stayed in a Modern Deluxe Room, which I understand is the result of their rennovation of the Deluxe Room. I would say the good things about the hotel are (in random order): 1. room is nicely decorated 2. card-entry system 3. closet doesn't have a door which keeps the clothes from smelling like the closet, which is quite unpleasant based on previous experience 4. location is good (if you don't mind stepping out of the hotel and into a shopping mall; noise from the mall is minimal and doesn't reach the rooms) 5. good breakfast buffet spread 6. room reservation is easy; 'booked a room through telephone and the hotel staff kept my reservation without asking for a deposit or credit card details.

On the other hand, the not-so-good things about the hotel are: 1. my companion was billed for laundry that he didn't order (the error was corrected after some explaining), 2. door handle in my room is loose, needs fixing. Also, I didn't like that my room has this large opening in the ceiling covered by grills. I feel rather paranoid that someone can open it and get inside my room when I'm out or when I'm asleep. Overall, this hotel is one of the better places to stay in Iloilo.

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms with windows.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We had our graduation dinner there last March and they serve good food though the venue is quite small if you have many guests. You may have difficulty with the parking because the parking lot is shared by mall goers. The good thing is the hotel is just at the 4th floor of the malls. If you need something or when you are hungry, you can go down anytime. This hotel is very much accessible to many places like hospitals, SM, Gaisano City, schools, etc. It would be very convenient to everyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends