“A Lovely Romantic Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of E.B. Morgan House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aurora
E.B. Morgan House
Ranked #2 of 5 Aurora B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“A Lovely Romantic Inn!”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We loved the night we spent at the E.B. Morgan House in Aurora. Room 4 was simply gorgeous, as was the entire inn. It held a warm and inviting atmosphere complemented by whimsical touches of Mackenzie-Childs. Linda was kind, welcoming, and informative, and hosted us with late afternoon wine and cheese, and early morning coffee and muffins. We would return in an instant! More photos are available on my website at mrgroskyphoto.com.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake and/or a fireplace!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This is a beautiful house with lovely rooms in a lovely location. The sad thing was only having two nights there -- I definitely could have stayed longer! The innkeepers were warm and really nice. They provide coffee and muffins in the morning, wine and cheese in the afternoon. We stayed in room 7 which had a fabulous lake view and an amazing two-person shower. My only complaint is that the mattress could stand to be replaced -- it wasn't really bad, but it was sagging a bit. Otherwise, it was a fantastic place and I am already thinking about going back.

Room Tip: The lake view is beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The EB Morgan House is not only absolutely gorgeous inside and out, but it provides a level of warm service that makes you feel entirely pampered and comfortable. I remember EB Morgan House long before she was a beautiful country inn, back when I was a student at Wells College in the 70's. All I can say for the renovations and the staff is "Bravo!"

I hope to visit again some time while my daughter is a student at Wells because one night was definitely not enough. I want to sit on the back porch and watch the lake go by.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Overlooking Cayuga Lake is an incredible gem of a B&B. Restored by a generous donor, the ambience of this B&B is a reminder of a classic American age. This was an accidental find for us and we couldn't have been more delighted and surprised. Aurora NY, home of Wells College and about 40 minutes from the bustle of Ithaca NY, is a quiet and peaceful setting on one of the larger Finger Lakes. Several minutes north, is the restored MacKenzie-Childs estate with it's Alice-in-Wonderland arts and crafts. Both the E.B. Morgan House and it's companion Aurora Inn are a treat for those looking for a restful weekend away.

Room Tip: The rooms are listed on the website and we preferred the lake view.
1 Thank pblake3
Niskayuna, NY
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I spent hours and hours researching where to stay in the Finger Lakes. I finally decided on the EB Morgan house and I could not have been happier with my decision. If you are looking for quaint, quiet, beauty, and luxury then look no further.
Upon arriving we were greeted by Linda the wonderful inn keeper at EB Morgan. She gave us a tour of the property before showing us to our rooms. Informing us that at 5:00, she would be serving us complimentary wine and cheese. She takes great pride of the inn and you can tell she truly loves her job.
We stayed in room 7, the lakeview king room. I would highly recommend this room. It is tucked away at the end of the hall, making it quiet and peaceful. The only slight complaint would be to upgrade the mattresses and pillows. They are not awful, but could use an upgrade.
The wrap around porch of the house, is a wonderful place to sit, relax, read, have a glass of wine, or just soak in the beauty of the lake.
There is a butlers pantry for the guest to use with a small fridge to store your wine.
Each morning you will also find muffins, coffee, and tea ready for your consumption.
Breakfast is included and available at the Auroura Inn, a short walk down the street (be sure to have the french toast).
I cannot say enough wonderful things, about the care and attention that we received during our stay. This is a must stay for anyone visiting the Finger Lakes.

Room Tip: Room 7, quiet with fabulous views.
Guilderland, NY
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Wanted somewhere quiet and intimate to stay at while visiting the Finger Lakes region of New York State. This fabulous inn definitely filled that bill. We were greeted warmly by our innkeeper, Lynda. She made us feel completely relaxed and at home as she gave us the tour of her inn. Amenities were numerous with a butler's pantry for the use of guests; wine & cheese hour each day; 2 beautiful porches, complete with comfortable furniture to relax on and enjoy the views; Adirondack chairs on the lawn overlooking the lake and a dock to access the water. Canoes and kayaks were available for use at the sister property, Aurora Inn; several doors away. The Aurora Inn is also where breakfast is served each morning as well as being open for lunch and dinner. There are only 7 rooms in this historic building and they are gorgeous!!! Our room was large with a king sized 4 poster bed, sitting area and fireplace which all overlooked Cayuga Lake. The bathroom was actually 3 steps down from the living area which added to it's uniqueness. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this experience was, many thanks to our innkeeper Lynda for making us feel like family! We hope to return to her 'home' sometime soon.

Room Tip: When you're staying somewhere that offers a view, by all means....request a room with the view...
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I wanted to get out of the city for my 30th birthday, so my boyfriend and I made reservations at the EB Morgan House in Aurora NY. I wanted to stay in a beautiful place on the water, that had a porch and outdoor space to enjoy, as well as great service/food/amenities. I read great reviews about this place, and it definitely lived up to, and exceeded my expectations!

The grounds and house are gorgeous--well designed, sparkling clean, and classy! There is a huge wrap around porch where you can sit and enjoy a drink, read a book, or just have good conversation while overlooking the lake. There are also about 10 Adirondack chairs on the grounds overlooking the lake, if you want to get a bit closer. It was raining when we were there, so unfortunately we didn't get to swim or boat, but there is also a dock there with a ladder, where I think you could swim if weather allowed. Also, the Aurora Inn, down the road, is affiliated with this B and B, and offers canoe/kayak rental and single and tandem bicycles.

The innkeeper who was working while we were there was named Linda. She was wonderful! She offered us a complimentary glass of wine and snacks at 5pm, which we enjoyed on the beautiful porch overlooking the lake. In addition, in the morning there was fresh coffee and muffins available for us! In addition to this, we received a ticket for breakfast at the Aurora Inn, where we were allowed to choose anything on the menu!

We also had dinner at the Aurora Inn the night before--prices were reasonable, and the food was delicious! We were treated to fresh baked bread, and the wine list was great!
We were so stuffed that we had to take dessert to go!

Overall, it was a great stay! I reccomend if you are looking for a beautiful, high quality bed and breakfast that is extremely quiet and peaceful! A great place for a couples weekend or relaxing getaway with friends/family.

Room Tip: Room 5--Has a huge king size bed, and enormous bathroom with a double shower. Gorgeous!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
The Gould Hotel
34 State Historic Luxury Suites Skaneateles
Cayuga Lake Front Inn
Cayuga Lake Front Inn
#9 of 17 in Ithaca

Been to E.B. Morgan House? Share your experiences!