“Wonderful inn, mixed experience”
Review of E.B. Morgan House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aurora
E.B. Morgan House
Ranked #2 of 5 Aurora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Aurora Inn twice so decided to go with the EB Morgan House this time as a little change. The room was spectacular, as the have all been, with a wonderful view, cozy fireplace and fabulous shower. However, there were other parts of our trip that just didn't live up to the elegance we associate with our trips to Aurora. There was a group of women who spent all of their time in the living area of the Inn which made it difficult for anyone else to spend time downstairs - especially since they were there for 3+ hours in the morning in their pajamas and bare feet! In addition, we were very disappointed in our experience at the Aurora Inn dining room which has always been intimate and elegant. There was a very loud band that played, with the lights way up in the dining room, for almost the whole duration of dinner so we moved our 7:00 reservation back to 8:30. (They finally wrapped up around 8:45.) Just not the experience we were used to or expecting!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NW1W2

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The E.B. Morgan house served as the place for a very well planned out Murder Mystery Dinner evening. The guests all were a part of the story and the host/Inn Keeper (Dale) helped us all along and could NOT have done a better job! The food was fantastic, the atmosphere inviting, the rooms were lovely and unique and the idea was wonderful! We will ABSOLUTELY return when they have another Mystery event (which I hear is possibly January 25th 2014).

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

my wife and I just spent a few days at this wonderful place.from the moment you pull up in front of the house a satisfied feeling will come over you. we were greeted at the front door by dale the inn keeper with a warmth and caring that is an insight into what your stay will be like. from the beginning to the end of your stay dale has a dedicated concern that your every need is taken care of. he quickly becomes a friend that's hard to say goodbye to. our room was an experience in itself. the warmth, comfort and safe feeling is so relaxing . if your looking for a perfect stay I urge you to do this go experience the EB MORGAN House you won't regret it and your memories will last forever.

Room Tip: choose a room with a fireplace
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john m
Reviewed 3 October 2013

E.B. Morgan House deserves the Ranking of #1! Accommodations are impeccable with incredible attention to detail.
Lynda, the innkeeper, exceeds any expectations you might have. Your every need is anticipated and executed with grace and efficiency. Her knowledge of the houses's history and the surrounding area is a reflection of the pride she has in being the "Keeper of the House".
Each time I have stayed, the experience is no less than perfect!

Karen Kuehn

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Friends had asked us to join them on a biking trip to the Finger Lakes. My husband doesn't bike so I thought I would try to compensate by looking for a golf package. In that way, I would bike in the morning with our friends and play golf with my husband in the afternoon. The E.B. Morgan House accommodations and staff were more than a pleasant surprise. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Alex and Dale couldn't have been more accommodating and were a wealth of information for the area. The house was gorgeous and so comfortable. Our package not only included breakfast but also a dinner at the Aurora Inn! The meals were fabulous. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I travel quite a bit and I have to say that our stay at the E.B Morgan was the best. Most of the prior reviews are right on so I won't repeat. Alex and Dale were both inn keepers while we were there. They offered impeccable service. Whenever I approached the font door, Alex or Dale was opening it for me. We brought our bikes to do some cycling and they were more than accommodating in storing them in the barn.

The first morning there, coffee and muffins were out at 7:00 am. Being an early riser, when I came downstairs the next morning at 5:30 am, Dale was making coffee. I commented on him being up that early and he said that Alex had told him that our group had some early risers so he was getting things ready for us. This is just one example of the unbelievable customer service that you get while staying at the Inn.

We had room #3 and it is exactly as pictured on the web site. The shower was wonderful. Views from the room were amazing. I was able to see three other rooms and all had unique qualities.

I hope that our travels take us back to this wonderful place.

Room Tip: Look at the web site
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lisvelasco2001
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We felt like a good friend invited us to stay at their beautiful lakefront home and that their only concern was our delight and comfort. Every room both public and private is beautifully decorated at this charming and comfortable inn with beautiful lake views. Not a single detail was overlooked. As we were walking up to the house Dale, the Innkeeper opened the front door and greeted us as though we were the only guests he was waiting for. And that is how the entire stay went ~ we didn't have to worry about another thing. There is nothing about this place that would require management to change.
Included in our stay was the Water to Wine tour. We spent a delightful two hours cruising Lake Cayuga with Capt Skip and his delightful wife Maura . Chatting like old friends we talked about the past, present and future of this beautiful lake and historic town. Included in the tour was a generous voucher for dinner at the Aurora Inn. Great food, excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
The Gould Hotel
#8 of 11 in Geneva
The Aurora Inn
The Aurora Inn
#1 of 5 in Aurora

Been to E.B. Morgan House? Share your experiences!