I stayed at the hotel for 3 days with hubby and baby in May 2011. It is located in a quiet place. The room was clean and has a little terrace where we could sit and chill out.
I cannot comment much on the food as we only had breakfast there and we were out everyday, save for one night I had a craving for desserts and we went to hotel's restaurant.
So far, there's a nice choice at the breakfast buffet.Unfortunately for me, I was in the first semester of pregnancy so I could not enjoy the food that much.
The staff is not so friendly.
Check-out is around 12-12.30 and make sure you ask for late check-out when doing your reservations, especially if your flight is late in the afternoon.We had to leave the room in a hurry and it is not so pleasant when you have a baby. Also we could not keep the room even if we offered to pay extra as the hotel was full at that period.
It's supposed to be the only 5-star hotel in Reunion but we could feel that there was something missing.There was no such special touch that would make you say "Wow!I'll be back".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the western coast of this lush volcanic island, LUX* Saint Gilles (formerly LUX* Ile de La Reunion) faces a shimmering expanse of aqua-blue waters, fringed by a stretch of immaculate sands. Tucked away in acres of beautiful tropical gardens, Creole villas sit in the shade of coconut palms and filao trees, just steps from the coral-sheltered lagoon at L'Hermitage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your LUX* Saint Gilles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Ile De La Reunion Hotel Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains
- LUX* Saint Gilles Reunion Island/Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains