Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Philippe D
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

good location - needs car

Review of Hotel Le Recif
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Jun 2016
this hotel is very well located. next to the beach ( not the best place to swim due to corals). It does not really cater for foreigners - their english is very limited ( well, most of the island is the same ...). The restaurant is nothing to shout about and overpriced - there are a lot of nicer ( as well as cheaper) places within walking distance along the beach . The rooms are adequate and clean- ask for block 8 if you want some peace and quiet .
The hotel also caters for a lot of seminars and it can be noisy some evenings
It's a good base for visiting the island, but offered tour are very expensive - rather rent a car - it will be cheaper and give you the freedom to do exactly what you want
Date of stay: June 2016
Room Tip: rooms 800's are in the garden, and are nice and quiet
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 20 Jun 2016
Dear Valued Customer,

We thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor about our hotel.
It is lovely to read that you are pleased with your stay and that we have met your expectations during your holiday.

We wish to welcome you back soon, so please let us know when you are coming to Reunion Island and we will be more than happy to assist you with choosing the most suitable room in block 8.

£127
  • Hotel Website
0.7 miles from Hotel Le Recif
Free parking
Vue sur la savane depuis la piscine
£96
    £209
2.5 miles from Hotel Le Recif
View more hotels in Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains
2,130 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2016

I was recommended to stay at Recif Hotel. It is a nice resort. The room was spacious and cleaned. It has a nice atmosphere for dinner with live entertainment but a little bit disappointing since they did not offer "A la Carte Menu" and had only buffet or a "table d'hote menu", if you wanted a light dinner...The food was delicious and for the breakfast , there was a quite selection from eggs, cereals fruits, bread, yogurt, pancakes, some hot dishes , cold cut, cheese and bread. I read a few comments before booking this hotel, i wonder why people have to complain about the food, this is something we do eat daily..

My room had a balcony which was really nice and unfortunately i did not get a chance to enjoy other facilities provided by the hotel since i was there on business trip.

The biggest turn off was the internet connection in room, it was really poor. All the time, it was disconnecting.

Overall, it was a good experience and it is a hotel mostly recommended for holidays.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Anishta B
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear MauritiusNeyha,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased you enjoyed our stay with us and thank you for your comment concerning the food.

We hope to welcome you again soon, on holidays or on business trip.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Delicious food and great service ! Thank you Team Le Récif ! The chef is very creative and I really loved the cuisine. Very fresh and inventive. Definitely a must go if you're in the Reunion Island ! yum :)

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at le Récif and we will surely inform our Chef and, more generally, all of our teams about your positive comment.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Bets regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Excellent staff and very good food. Restaurant manager organised a cake with candles for my son's 21st - nice touch. Comfortable rooms, reasonably well equipped. All rooms have balconies. No mini bar but a fridge in the room contained a supply of bottled water. Two good pools. And the hotel is about 50 m from the most spectacular coral lagoon coastline.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Paul C
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Dear Valued "PNC151",

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor about our hotel.

I was really disappointed to read that our style of hotel was not to your liking. We try our best to time our service levels well, and achieve a balance that is neither too much nor too little, tailored to each of our guests. I am very sorry that you felt a touch fadness during your nights stay with us.

On a positive, I am pleased that you did find our staff, food, and bedrooms to be wonderful, and appreciate you recognising these defining features.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 April 2016

My partner and I stayed in the hotel and had a really lovely time, the staff was nice and the atmosphere with the guests and live music etc made the whole stay a real little event for us. We really enjoyed the Monday night with the live band and the free cocktails and food. The swimming pool is really nice and we loved being able to access the beach from the back of the hotel.

On the other hand, there were a few issues but only small ones and I think they could easily get sorted. The Tv didn't work well at all which was a problem for my partner who is English, and although the rooms were clean and spacious, we thought they looked a bit empty. We were hoping to see some Reunionese pieces of art on the wall (photos of volcanoes or beaches) or some sort of exotic plants in the room. Even for the reception and the gardens, although there are some beautiful trees and vegetation, the whole resort looked a bit clinical. More greenery would soften the rooms and the reception a little.

We also didn't understand why if we booked to have dinner in the restaurant with the reception we would only pay 25euros per person but if we booked with the restaurant directly we would have to pay 30euros per person?! Not sure we understand the concept.

Last thing is that the bathroom/shower arrangement is a bit basic and allows water to spill out, so it makes the bathroom look very dirty and muddy if you walk around with shoes on because of the amount of water on the floor.

I hope this helpful, I don't mean to be mean, I really loved spending time at the hotel. I just think that some improvement need to be made to make it perfect.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laurent G, Direction de l'Hôtel le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent experience with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment that the staff were extremely nice is equally most appreciated. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

However, I was sorry that you found the room to be empty and that your Tv did not work. I would like to apologise for the disappointment this would have caused.
Please also let us know if you are not entirely comfortable during your time with us as we would be more than happy to assist you as we like to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay.

The rate difference at the restaurant is a special offer we make for our customers who prebook their dinner. We are sorry if this offer was not very claer to you.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on business, was recommended by a local colleague but only for the hotel's location to his nearby office rather than him recommending the actual hotel itself.
On arrival I was given a nice fruit juice and despite me being too early for check in (this was due to my flight times-I had no control over) I was allocated a room straight away, this was very welcome after an incredible journey to reach Réunion.
My room was a 'standard room', it's paid for by my company so I have no choice, despite it being a 'standard room' it was still fairly expensive for what it was. I think by reading other reviews this is indicative of the hotels on Réunion, not just this hotel.

My room was clean but very basic. Not many creature comforts. The bed & linen were clean. The whole room was cleaned effectively on a daily basis.

Not much furniture & what there was was very tired, needs a makeover.

The room & bathroom lacked several items that they shouldn't for a hotel of this cost. There was a mini bar type fridge but no contents at all, not even a bottle of water, no iron or ironing board, no drink making facilities like a kettle etc. No writing pads or pens, no bottle opener, shoe clean cloth etc. The TV although looking quite modern was tiny.

The resturant would probably be my biggest complaint. I opted for the main resturant (there is a bar restaurant also) as they did a buffet style dinner.
The food was all very bland, no spice or interest whatsoever, every night was the same, rice with a curry type dish but the curry type dish every night was totally bland, not spicy at all.

Breakfast in the same resturant again not good enough. A lack of selection, I ended up just eating toast as I couldn't find anything else of interest to eat.

I've been to the Seychelles several times on business & found the Creole type food really good, maybe I was expecting the same?

Maybe next time I'd try the better rooms, as far as I could see the hotel had a great location if you are a tourist. The staff were all really friendly & spoke English which was a surprise for me.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Laurent G, Directeur de l'Hôtel le Récif at Hotel Le Recif, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Dear Valued Customer,

We thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor about your recent stay.

We are sorry we did not meet your expectations and take good note of all your comments. We apologise for this and please rest assured that we will investigate these issues thoroughly, as we do with all feedback. Your comments are very useful, as we always strive to improve the facilities and service provided.

We very much hope we will yet have the opportunity to welcome you back to make you change your mind about Le Récif.