“Never again!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Melody Central
Ranked #45 of 56 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Lovely location which proves to be in the interest of long nights without sleep. Every 5 minutes an ambulance passes by, or of you are lucky you can just hear the cars racing. But that might be expected from a central location. What is not to be expected is a very old shover with cold water, especialy in the evening. Now let's talk about the room. Big enough, but with very old and used up furniture with scratches all over and loos ends. I wasn't lucky to get air conditioning but I did have an old TV that must have been part of the decoration because it only worked from time to time. The reception said it works just fine so maybe it did, but when i was out. But what bothered me the most was that you cannot pay with your credit card number, all though they asked it from me when i made the reservation. And I found this out at 3 AM when i was checking out to go to the airport and catch my flight! No one had the courtosy to tell me in the 7 days I stayed there! If you want to "enjoy" this experience and probably more, you can stay at this hotel. If you want to really enjoy your stay you should choose another one!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Visitor298474

Reviewed 8 June 2010

I visited cluj city in june 2010. We enjoyed the staying at this hotel . The room are clean very spatious , the hotel is tree stars but they didn't have air condition (although we didn't need it because the temperature wasn't high) The breakfast is included ,and it was good. This is an romantic hotel. They also have only a few parking place, and I couldn't get one from them , so I had to buy a ticket for parking place for a day ( 9lei = 2.2euro)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2010

perfect location in Cluj, breakfast below standard, noisy at night due to street traffic, drunks on the street and Ambulances, shower very small, was clean though.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason193
Reviewed 4 March 2010

This is a nice historic hotel with a well maintianed property. Bed was confortable, room was clean,I had internet in my room. Bathroom was clean, shower was a little small but fine.The nice thing is the location wich is DIRECTLY next to a square, wonderful views from my room of an old Catholic Cathedral and sorrounding restaurants. Also heard was an art museum next door.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ChicagoJackie
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I really enjoyed my stay in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. We took a taxi from the airport (no not pay more that 20 ROM), and arrived at this hotel located on a corner of the street that runs along the bus lines, a good sized grocery store, and the Basilica of St. Michael. This historic center of the city is quiet and lined with many coffee bars and clubs. Everything seemed new and clean in this area of the city. I also walked about three blocks to the bus stop and took bus #25 to the Iulius Mall for 3 ROM. The mall was great and had many American based stores (including Starbucks, Pizza Hut, KFC, Adidas, Nike, etc.)

The hotel room was small and had two twin-sized beds (very close together), but everything seemed really clean. There was a small TV with many english speaking channels (including CNN, Discovery, Disney, etc). I was not expecting all of that for the price we paid (close to $50/night per 2-person room). There was also a nice breakfast that included coffee, assorted teas, bread, meats, cheeses, croissants, breakfast cake, and juice. There is also cappuccino available upon request (I think).

The staff spoke english. Some were much more comfortable than others with the language, but they were very friendly and helpful.

I am going to go back to Romania and I know exactly where I will be staying!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank frbrianokc
Reviewed 6 April 2009

Besides the fact that it cant get more central the hotel is a mes... warm water is not to expect internet is to much to ask for and the food is bad... I stayed there for 2 nights and never again. I now study in Cluj and its a beautiful city but please stay out of this hotel there are some really good ones instead.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank SimonaDVB
Reviewed 29 September 2008

My husband and I were travelling through Romania and had not booked accommodation as we did not know where we would be stopping. So we arrived at this hotel unannounced. The only room they had available was an 'apartment' at €90 per night. Unsure we would find anywhere else, we agreed to take the room. Mistake! Apart from the frosty reception we received upon arrival, the room was dreadful... ripped couch, fuzzy television reception (the husband wanted to watch a match), freezing water in the bathroom, the toliet ran constantly, the communal areas stank of smoke, the curtains were paper thin and unlined so the lights shone in from the busy square and our balcony had cables running across it so you couldn't actually stand on it. Breakfast was a disgrace, we decided against it as it looked stale so we had a coffee and a type of cordial disguised as orange juice and left. Housekeeping had started cleaning with a noisy vacuum cleaner at 7am with no regard for people in the breakfast room. The morning receptionist was as frosty as his colleague. The internet access was down and no apology made for this. We left disgusted as this was the worst experience we have had in a hotel ever! Avoid this place at all costs!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MommieC