Ramada Cluj
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$174
US$256
US$91
US$88
Travelocity
Pensiunea Siago Hotel(Cluj-Napoca)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$54
Hotel Paradis(Cluj-Napoca)
US$93
US$73
Travelocity
All reviewsexecutive floorswimming poolnice rooftop poolsteam roomplenty of storage spacetiramisuan expensive hotelopening the windowbreakfast buffetcity centrebusiness staysized roomgreat spagood sizenice staffclose to downtownsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, modern hotel on edge of centre. Reasonable price. Friendly staff that really want to help you. Nice pool but jacuzzi would be nice. Limited enough communal space eg bar/restaurant. Overall very satisfactory.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David N
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Why I say for a short stay? Because I found it to be really expensive for the location - it costs around 100e/night. I've been there at the beginning of March 2014. The room was really clean, no complains there, big bathroom, very nicely furnished. To my own surprise, the cleaning crew came daily to replace consumables (shower gel, shampoo, etc). It was nice that I also found a cosmetic kit (cleaning pads, etc) cause I forgot mine at home. Even more surprising is that when they cleaned the room, they noticed one of my light bulbs in the bathroom got broken and they replaced it instantly.The breakfast is diverse - you will always find something to eat for several days w/o repeating but honestly I expected some wow pastry, or cheese, or ham - sorry to disappoint you but nothing out of the ordinary there, however good.
To summarize:
- I appreciated: how clean the room was, and the crew how attentive they were each time doing the cleaning. The room is big. The hotel parking is free for guests. The location being close to the city centre.
- not so much: the hospitality of the ladies at the reception; the fact they had only one screw at the bar; the noise coming from the street (it is located quite close to the city centre on a main road). During our stay, we had lunch arranged thru the training course - I was very much disappointed in what we were served. I understood the hotel's restaurant is highly looked at, so I had very high expectations. We were served some chicken roll, an awful soup, and something that was desired to be a tiramisu (plain fresh cream). There are so many ways to cook a chicken on a low budget with the same ingredients, but you could tell that the chef didn't bother to be a bit more creative - sadly.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the noise from the street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mire84
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The location is not special at all, difficult to find from the West and even more difficult to find the parking space , no panel on the street. But, if you manage to get in, the people are nice and ready to help. We had an executive room ( the heating was working, thanks !) and enjoyed some refreshments and beers in the lounge.
Service is nothing special but , if you communicate with the girls, you get what you need. Room is quite ok, not too big , no balcony and sometimes can be noisy.
One in all, a good opportunity to stay overnight and to take a break from the chaotic and dangerous driving in the Transylvania. Food not special and breakfast can be better. Try the garage if you are not afraid of small spaces and trembling lifts.

Room Tip: Opposite to the main street .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Andre D
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had the "chance" to go the new years eve mostly because we wanted to try something else in the city . I will start with the good things : the music wasn't so loud, actually it was a good music. I think the good things stops pretty much here. I don't like to write bad reviews but I had to make time to do it.
The food was so bad, that it was ridiculous. Just think that my wife even didn't catch the desert, it was served after 2 AM .. all the other stuff was so cheap. That's the expresion. It was like in a movie with all those people wearing nice ,expensive clothes and eating mcdonalds. Just didn't fit. O, I would apreciate that night if we would have mcdonalds :)) Imagine that the breakfast/ brunch next day was ten times better than the dinner last night.
Smoking was heavy inside the restaurant and disturbing.
The room itself is ok, not much to coment about it , but beeing so miserly with the food ruined my night . Hey people, we where not expecting a menu like in a bad romanian wedding.
Next day we had included free day at the spa. The spa itself , I mean the swiming pool is nice and the view is beautiful. As beautiful as Cluj can be :) but the staff when we asked for towels say that if we stay at this moment in the hotel we must bring our own towels from the room . I think you can bring some towels to be there for guests and not put people go down again to the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is Ramada on the outside and something else on the inside.

When I complained that my a/c wasn't working. They told me that they actually turn the a/c unless it is really hot.

There are busy roads and barking dogs on both sides so you are either sweltering in the room but quiet, or you have noise and (in the right time of year) a lower room temperature.

There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, no iron, no dressing gown, nothing except some shower gel and cotton buds.

I would not stay in this hotel again. Several colleagues have also had similar experiences.

• Stayed: April 2014