“good value for money”
Review of Fullton Hotel

Fullton Hotel
Ranked #31 of 57 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Reviewed 21 November 2011

+++ My room (duplex) was very spatious and comfortable. Nice and clean bathroom. Very friendly hotel staff. Breakfast fine and good.
- - - Poor Wi-fi on 2nd floor but you can get a cable at the reception. Breakfast room was chilly for some people. No elevator but I'm sure they would help you out carrying lugage if necessary.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 November 2009

The most important thing about this hotel is the location. It's very close to the main commercial districts and night life. I have found this hotel by an advice. The price, for me, is also acceptable.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank hepdinc
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We stayed here on our way to the airport at Cluj. It was a well located hotel with some nice restaurants nearby. The room was OK but it was in the attic and had sloping ceilings - strange because the hotel was almost empty so it was rather annoying to carry heavy bags up all those flights of stairs (no lift and no offer of help). The room also strangely had 2 toilets and the main bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi bath that didn't work and leaked. The bed was lumpy and creaked dreadfully!

All in all - OK for a one night stopover but that's all.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2009

On request the hotel kindly gave us the only non-premium room with an air conditioner. But for some incomprehensible reason the latter was not plumbed in, so it dripped pints of water all over the bathroom floor - slippery and very dangerous. We kept having to place towels under the outlet to conduct the water to the drain. Unpleasant.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The A/C (set on 20degC) kept the room at a good temperature for sleeping.

We were in Cluj for a wedding and needed to press our clothes after our journey. However, it turned out the hotel HAS NO IRONING BOARD! Nor did our room have any spare floor space. So we had to iron on a towel on the hall floor, moving out of the maid's way every few minutes. This was really pretty annoying.

Breakfast was rather basic. The bread was cheap and insubstantial. The coffee kept running out but was not refilled; on several occasions we had to ask for more. The whole experience had the flavour of spending as little as possible, though the hotel was not cheap.

The reception staff were unsmiling and did not seem to enjoy their job. I felt sorry that they have no window and have to work for hours under artificial light. The printer was broken and our bill had to be written out by hand. This took quite some time, but the receptionist kindly arranged a taxi to take us to the station.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We stayed here for one night before an early morning departure from Cluj airport. The loaction is good and cafes and restaurant in easy walking distance . The room was small but had everything we needed with a king size comfortable bed. The decor is a little strange and oppressive . Air con worked well . Great for an overnight stay - not sure I would want longer in Cluj
The staff were really helpful and friendly in arranging taxis ,a packed breakfast and accessing emails .

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I stayed at the Fullton Hotel for five days in May, 2009. The location is excellent becasue it is very close to the downtown area of Cluj. On some weekends, there is a delightful artisans market just one block away, where I bought some very nice souvenirs. The rooms are small-ish, but clean and comfortable. If you want a really big room with a jacuzzi, ask for the Matrimonial Suite on the top floor--that was great! I didn't stay there, but my colleague did. The restaurant is very good. I thought the staff was very polite and helpful. Overall, I was very happy with it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2008

My friend found this hotel, on the internet, and sent me the link. We thought it looked delightful and were really looking forward to our visit.

Right before I started writing this review I revisited the hotel website just to see if the place in my memory bore any resemblance to the images and write up they have published. The outside looks exactly the same, and you can definitely tell that the restaurant is the same place, that though is where the similarities end.

Our room was on the same level as reception, which I thought was going to be noisy and problematic, but it wasn't. My main concern was that our room was absolutely nothing like we had expected. It was dark and quite cramped with thin, dirty curtains over a small window. The furniture was gaudy and flimsy. The room itself looked grubby throughout and had probably the most filthy carpet I have come across in any hotel room anywhere. To make matters worse my friend discovered a pair of worn knickers on the floor, which must have been from the previous occupant.

The bathroom was tiny with a silly shower head that was positioned so high, that as soon as you turned it on water shot out at 90 degrees over the enclosure, and soaked everything around it. Even if you held it in your hand, the shower enclosure leaked badly and still soaked everything. Check out the bathroom picture on the website, it's not quite the same....

Finally, the breakfast buffet, though adequate at the start of service, was allowed to run out of everything, so that any time you wanted anything you had to go up to the lady standing there (who should be stocking it) and point at the empty space where your cup of coffee or slice of bread would be. She would then briefly look blank, before registering your request and trundling off grudgingly to replenish supplies.

This hotel was pretty bad. Sorry if my review sounds scathing, but it does have some problems. I have travelled a lot and stayed in a great variety of hotels and have never written a review like this one. Sorry Fullton Hotel, but you need to smarten up.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends