“Great summer garden”

Restaurant Atlantic
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in Tirgu Mures
Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian, Romanian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

One of the best places in town especially in the summer. They have a beautiful garden. The indoor restaurant is quite small tough. The food is great, they have a huge variety of cusines. The only thing that is not so good is the service, it may take a while to recive your order.

1  Thank omphalon

Reviewed 13 June 2013

During a recent trip to Targu Mures we stayed in the Pensiunea Atlantic. During our first night we had planned to stay in and eat at the restaurant. It was a busy sunday and the service was slow but the food was really good. The Hungarian sour soup was amazing. We really enjoyed it.
The next night we had planned on eating out but due to the great food the night prior, we stayed in and dined at the Atlantic. The food was great and the service was a bit faster.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This restaurant is one block from the old city, and has a high volume of guests during the lunch hours The food is excellent, well priced, and the service is great. Highly recommended. The price is right too!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We visited this restaurant after the recommendation of a local friend. I did not visit the interior hall, we sat outside in the terrace. We order two appetizers, and three main courses.
The puzzle mushrooms and the spicy spinach crepes were delicious, both served with a mozzarela creamy sauce. The mushrooms were filled with cheese and mixed veggies (carrots, peas etc) whereas the spinach crepes had a hint of garlic which, in combination with the creamy sauce gave it a sparkling taste.
As for main course, we all had beef steaks. I had the Blue cheese steak whereas my friends, each one had the steak Lyonaise which is served with saute onions and potatoes filled with cheese and baked in the oven. (Not baked, jacket potato). My steak was a bit overcooked (I like it medium) but I was fairly warned in advance that they couldn't make it less cooked. The blue cheese was on top and it was grilled in the oven, it was not a sauce.
We had some Fetasca Neagra from Prahova Valley which was really good. (Given: I am not impressed by Prahova Valley wines.)
Total cost with desserts: 331 RON + 30 RON tip.
The plates: Steaks were 47 RON each, the appetizers: 15 Ron each, desserts: 12 RON each, wine: 50 RON.
I strongly recommend that place, although it might sound a bit expensive for the locals.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I can't say it's the best restaurant but it's in top 5 in Targu Mures. The tables in the garden are a nice touch and food is great.