“Not sure I will return there too soon”
Review of Locanda Del Corso

Locanda Del Corso
Ranked #9 of 240 Restaurants in Timisoara
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Not sure I will return there too soon”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

In my opinion, Locanda Del Corso is far from being the best Italian restaurant in Timisoara. The first times I was there the food was good, not excellent, but after several times the food was really dissapointing: I had some quattro formaggi pasta which were served almost cold, although especially this type of pasta should be served immediately after cooking, else the sauce gets broken. Also the mashed potatoes are not made out of natural potatoes, they are made from instant mashed potatoes, this was not an impression, this was the waiter's remark when we ordered the food. This shouldn't happen in a restaurant with such image as they want to have, and with the prices that they have. And...the most disturbing thing is the attitude of several waiters there, who are sometimes practically rude to some clients - not accepable. The athmosphere is nice, nothing to comment there.

• Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Manila
“Recommended Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

So far we have tested three Italian restaurants in Timisoara (Casa Antinori, Corso and Pomo d'oro). Corso is I would say second best one, good location (close to the city center), for Romania decent waiting time (around 40 min from the order until being served), nice pizzas and pastas.

Timisoara, Romania
“Great pasta, pizza and more”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Locanda del Corso, a restaurant to spend some quality time with friends, as a couple or even with the family. The home made pasta is great and steaks are just mouthwatering and take on the pizza :).
They also have home made wine.

I recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
bucharest
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I went for a day in Timișoara and had a dinner at this restaurant. Even if the restaurant was full, we got the food in about 20 minutes. And it was delicious! I loved it! It was very well cooked and the portions were quiet generous. The service was very good also.
I recommend to make a reservation before going there, as the restaurant is full in the evenings, even during the week days.

Timisoara, Romania
“Not that good”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had a problem with reservation on march, 8, when they told me that I will have the honour of staying only 2 hours because after that comes the next reservation. I told them that I can not throw out my guest after only 2 hours and I refused. Still, I wanted to taste their food. The service was very slowly, despite the small number of guests at that hour and the food was not that good, with too much tomato sauce. It is expensive.