“italian upper casual”

Ranked #399 of 13,809 Restaurants in Moscow
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bocconcino is a plain and home-like Italian cookery goes back to a small resort town of Forte Dei Marmi, where in the pizzeria of the same name the sophisticated European public, experienced in high gastronomy, enjoys spending its time in homelike Mediterranean atmosphere. Bocconcino is the chain of pizzerias with exclusive home cuisine and hearty atmosphere of the place, where warm memories occur and where you would like to be back again. A genuine pizza with a crisp made of finest dough, a savoury home pasta, rich selection of meat- and seafood and a long list of Italian vintage wines – their taste cannot be faked, it can be only carefully reproduced basing on the best recipes and traditions of Italy. In fact, the restaurant name means a “tasty morsel” in Italian.
Vienna, Austria
“italian upper casual”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

there are restaurants where 'no comment" means "good business as expected". so this one, on strasnoy boulevard. actually everithig is as should be and as you expected from an italian restaurant in center of moscow: small, nice and friendly personal, good and tasty italian food, business-like atmosphere, modern design, expensive. all these on the normal levels, nothing spectaculary.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Eugen V

Moscow, Russia
“Not cheap, but good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've been to two of those: near Novoslobodskaya metro station and near Pushkinskaya. I prefered the first one. They have the 2nd floor, which is more quiet and is good for a romantic dinner.
Pros: central location, good Italian food and wine, ok service, nice atmosphere; comfortable sofas.
Cons: on an expensive side, the service is ok, not perfect.

• Visited January 2014
Merritt Island, Florida
“Italian in Moscow”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The atmosphere is awesome. They have a non-smoking section that is in the back and not as comfortable as the smoking section but still quite nice. The food is outstanding and the service is very good for Moscow. Good wine selection and a wide variety of great dishes on the menu. I return to Bocconcino almost every trip I make to Moscow.

Visited March 2014
“Like momma used to make”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

On our last night in Moscow we decided to try the Italian restaurant near our hotel.

The surroundings are pleasant and we were placed in a nice non smoking room with mirrored walls and wooden ceiling! We had a couple of starters to share which were really nice and the main dishes were a sea bass and prawn on a bed of spinach and a pizza Parma, both were really tasty

My only gripe was my partners main was delivered with the starters then my pizza came long after the other diners had their pizzas and they had arrived after me

All in all the cat has a full stomach and is happy

Meow

1 Thank Broxi-the-cat
Warsaw, Poland
“FANTASTIC FOOD, ESPECIALLY FOR PRICE”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband thought he'd read this was the 6th best restaurant in Moscow. Either way, the food was really, really good and the service was excellent. There were plenty of waitstaff and the restaurant was pretty full when we were there on a weeknight. The waitress we had spoke English which was great for us! I had the sea bass with rice and my husband had a spicy pizza. Both were delicious, and the price was very reasonable. We liked the atmosphere and design of the restaurant. The only thing that was a bit off to me was the music.... kind of between house and techno (in my opinion overly hyper) and I would have liked something a little more classic with this type of restaurant and food....sort of effects the digestion!

• Visited October 2013