“I recommend this hotel”

SunFlower Park Hotel
Ranked #62 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Very good choice if you go to Moscou one of the best service. Very close to metro station, shopping center, forest very fresh air. Really i stayed 8 days it was very confortable and not expensive.
I will recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2012
Katerina_Cronstedt, Owner at SunFlower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking time to write a review. I am so glad to hear you liked your 8 day stay and I have shared your kind words with our team. Hope to see you, and your family and friends at Katerina Park soon :)

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The public areas and service is quite good, the staff is friendly, but the rooms are not big, and look very old and simple. Also in my room is air conational was not functional property and connected via “hack” using rooms wall socket, that's look very strange and maybe even not safe (the photos attached). The bathroom is clean, it’s ok, but it’s equipped with old equipment. I recommend the dinner in the hotels restaurant as it good for money quality value. Its costs 750 rubles and you can choose from set menu, usually 3 options.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Katerina_Cronstedt, Owner at SunFlower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear guest, good to hear you found staff friendly and that you liked the dinner in our restaurant. Medium rooms are 21sqm, if you prefer a bigger room, do try Large - it is around 36sqm. The airconditioning solution was temporary in your room, now it is all solved! Hope to see you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Great service, which for Russia is just as hard to find as a diamond, great hotel, great bar, excellent room with all the amenities. A bit far from the Center - I'd say far enough and close enough - but if you dont mind a 20 minute ride on the metro, which happens to be very near, its the best budget deal in Moscow.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are always the best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear guest, I am glad to hear you liked the service, the bar and the room.The location is not central but as you write, the center is a quick (and inexpensive) metro ride away. Welcome back soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed here 15-22 August 2012, after a long deliberation of the various hotels and prices. I used various review sites, including this one, to select the most convenient but not necessarily the cheapest hotel. To all the reviews i added my own pinch of "salt"

Comparing by price a city centre hotel could cost around £800-£1100 per week, with breakfast. Including tax this was £492.

As for location, the metro prazhskaya is about 5-10 minutes walk (well for me) and very much a straight route 11 stops to the centre of the city. Several stations on the Grey line #9, link with the other main lines, including the circular brown line #5. Once you have a metro card loaded, it will only cost one of the tokens to travel literally anywhere in Moscow and if you're planning ahead this can mean you'll use just 2 per day.

I have just read a review here listed under "poor". I dont have any connection to the hotel, so my review is unbiased and i shall happily tell you the truth about my stay. I must wholeheartedly disagree with the views expressed and I notice the author was actually in the hotel at the same time as me. I wonder whether this was the same hotel, because I think the view expressed is completely wrong and does not do the hotel justice.

The location is good, but some new roads are being built. this is to help congestion around the city, with the ring road being expanded and a new one being added. there are building works going on but to be honest you dont hear much, except for normal working hours.

There is a mall at the end of the road, near the other entrance to the metro station Prazhskaya, which you get to from either entrance. There is a furniture and home ware mall directly next door.

If you want something in the city, the hotels there will cost you twice the price, not necessarily are they any better.

I had booked online through "easytobook", there were many ways to book a room but this i found was the cheapest. I had a double room with shower on the 5th floor. the view from the room overlooked a sort of distribution centre, but i was not there for the view from the hotel room. I did contact the hotel directly and ask for my reservation details, which they sent by return email. I was more interested in making sure the booking website was legit rather than the hotel.

I'd checked out the are using google maps STREET view, because some areas of moscow were possibly a bit dodgy as they would be in any city. I was pleased with the area, access and prominence to the airport domodedovo.

It is also NO SMOKING, unlike in some hotels where this is still allowed.

so, to arrival. well due to the traffic problem it took my driver 3.5 hours to cover what should have been a 50-60 minute journey. couple that with a 2 hour queue in customs, and you'll see my arrival was at 9pm.

this was no problem. i checked in and the reception guy had reasonable english skills. we communicated well. I went to my room on the 5th floor, and was suitably impressed. It was on a par to a premier inn with quality of furnishings. I did not like the pillows provided but put two together to offer more support (i have a memory foam pillow so it was too soft with one only).

dumping my bag i went down in one of the 4 lifts. I had a peak in the restaurant where breakfast would be served, great looking room.

i went back into the lounge/bar area and sat down. on the tables were menus in english and russian. within a moment Vadim was asking me would i like to have a drink. His english was excellent, and we chatted for a moment. I asked what he recommended in the beer range. I ended up with a Botchka, a local brew.

I ordered a greek salad with chicken and borsch (the russian soup made from beetroot base) and within about 10-15 minutes was tucking into delicious food.

Gregory was the other staff member worthy of mention. He too had good english skills and was a little surprised when I responded with some russian!

During the meal i had noticed a whole clutch of chinese (a term i've made up), and a load of germans booking in. The hotel seemed like it was a mecca because during my week, they kept on coming! more chinese than in china!

Next morning i woke and went down to breakfast.to find it was chaos! As i have a slight disability i found the jostling a little unnerving and there was no one to ask to help me get breakfast. I gave up went back and raided the mini-bar for the various snacks and drinks that became my normal morning sustainance.

I asked reception for a sink plug. the maintenance guy who came to the room to show me how to use the safe (the instructions for this were in english but i had difficulty following them) said I should just use the sink with the tap running. I thought this was a completely ludicrous suggestion considering the efforts the hotel had gone to with the energy saving light bulbs etc.

In the end i used a flannel and let the water run slowly. (the sink was for shaving only)

the shower door was flimsy and could easily have broken with a little undue pressure and the wood suround around the bathroom door nearly came off in my hand as i stepped in and out of the shower.

there was no non-slip mat for the shower but instead a towel with feet imprinted was the substituted accident prevention device.

the room was warm and the aircon not great even on the lowest. But hey there was two windows!

the bed was ok, bit lumpy but nothing too much to moan about.

I asked at reception if they had a disabled accesible room. the reply was what items did i want that i did not have. I tried to explain that a hand rail in the shower would be nice with a wider door to it.

Dont go to any east european country and expect to get around easily, if you have mobility issues. I am really mobile and found the stairs and distances horrendous. This hotel had a ramp, lifts and reasonably large rooms. wheel chair users will struggle getting about the city.

i spent most days out and about returning late evening, to find Vadim and Gregory doing their jobs efficiently and with a smile. most times i ate out, but often came back for dinner and a beer.

the prices of food were comparable to a london hotel, you know they're not going to be cheap but hey you cant be bothered to find somewhere else. Food standard was great, good portions and delicious. I tried quite a few items and was delighted to discover the "special, meal deal" for 590 roubles - main, salad and cuppa.. one night i had steak, anther beef goolash. Beer was 210 roubles, about £4 for a 500ml glass. Not cheap, but hey its a hotel not a pub.

I had been buying water (dont drink the tap water!) but a few days in discovered the reception had a water dispenser. Most times it was nearly empty but was replenished often. So, in the end i kept the bottle and refilled them.

Now, let me tell you about the weekend. The service and atmosphere changed. Often times there would be a huge delay waiting to get served. it seemed like only one guy was on duty and he had very little english. i resorted to pointing to show him what i wanted. Obviously Gregory and Vadim did not work at the weekend and a skeleton staff appeared to be all that held it together. Even though on sunday, the influx of chinese happened and they sort of overran the place.

On friday night and saturday night as i came down i could hear loud music and a dj. There was a wedding reception going on in the restaurant, however I did not hear it in my room. perhaps on level 2-4 you might.

nether event bothered me so nothing to worry about.

anyway, back to the weekend. one german couple came in and sat. the waiter was behind the bar doing stuff but in my opinion not very much. the couple waited for 30 minutes, the waiter had disappeared to deliver room service. the couple were becoming agitated, and kept getting up and down expecting to be served but didnt.

as the waiter returned i beckoned and then pointed to the couple. I had saved him from getting a complaint about the poor service.

However normal efficiency returned on monday when vadim and gregory returned to take control.

I stay in hotels reasonably often. Usually they are for sleeping and the rest of the time you're out and about. Decor? Ok, Restaurant? Pricey, but nice food promptly delivered. Language skills? Excellent (we're the foreigners!), Location? Adequate Price? Reasonable (Moscow is expensive).

Would i stay again? Yes. I would like perhaps to try the sister hotel, Katerina City, in the centre but this is slightly more expensive and the reviews were not as good.

Room Tip: i had room 507. cannot say about any others
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Andy W

Dear Andy, thank you for taking time to share your experience in such detail! Great tips about the metro, thank you for fair explanation about road works. We will definitely start providing sink plugs and improve the guest experience at breakfast and in the lobby bar! Service should be prompt and fast, that is our goal. It really is unfortunate that Moscow is not very convenient for people with mobility issues or parents with small children and strollers.
Hope to see you again at Katerina Park or Katerina City!
PS Katerina City has rooms with rails in shower!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have just had a superb stay at the Katerina Park (August 10-13th).

The staff were EXCELLENT, the food EXCELLENT and the rooms clean, large enough and had everything you needed. An ATM changes almost everything to everything!

Metro only a few mins away and next to a full range of modern shops. Very fast journey to centre of Moscow and only 28 kopeks each way.

The surrounding were pleasant and safe. I cant wait to go back in 2013!

Room Tip: Looking west.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Katerina_Cronstedt, Owner at SunFlower Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest, I am so glad to hear you liked your stay at our hotel. Great that you liked the service, the food and the rooms. Thank you for advice about the metro and the good shopping centers located close by. Thank you for taking time to share your experience, we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We spent several nights at this hotel and it was a pleasure.
Staff were all polite and helpful, the breakfasts in the mornings were fantastic with a great variety and the bonus of access to the gym and spa was a welcome relief.
The rooms were clean, neat and a decent size.
This is the only hotel that I found that offered access to amenities, free wifi, free minibar in the room AND free breakfast.
Even though it is far from the city centre, it is close to two metro stations so it was not an inconvenience at all.
I strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing thoughts about your stay. We are happy to hear you had a pleasent stay, that you liked the breakfast, the gym, the rooms and the free amenities. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We went to spend 2 nights in moscow. The staff, so polite!!! Even one of the receptionists spoke spanish. Clean, nice room. A bit far away from the centre but good subway communication. Quality/ price excellent

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Guest, I am glad to hear you liked your stay at our hotel. Hope to see you again soon!