“Top place to stay”

Ranked #52 of 310 Hotels in Moscow
Newcastle, Australia
“Top place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Good sized rooms. Located in the suburbs but handy to metro and shops, hotel as promoted, staff helpful and competent in English, restaurant food good, plenty at breakfast buffet, excellent value in Moscow. No hesitation to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonW007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed in this place for a week-end. Free-parking, spacy and comfy room. Restaurant offered a tasty Russian pelmeni (local raviolli) for a resonable price arount 300 Rubles. Clean, quiet, equipped with all necessary appliances. We had no time to test Spa and pool. In all th e rest this hotel was great. Recommendable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vlad P
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

A very small hotel but provide free mini bar snack and drinks. (No alcohol)

Restaurant is not very big, breakfast buffet is not very sumptuous, but I found smoked salmon and sauteed mushrooms which I like.

Money change machine is in the lobby which is very convenient for us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Traveled here June 4th to June 9th, 2014 with my wife. The hotels air condition was turned off until June 16th, Gate one travel did not tell us. Check in room, it 85 degree outside. NO A/C My room is 2 twin beds. Now I am a big boy. Twins went out at 12 years old. I am with my wife celebrating my 30th years anniversary. Area that hotel in NOT GREAT location either. But wait the next day they transfer me (wife) plus addition couple to sister hotel ( same name) in Moscow that was much better. And yes the air condition did work. I got a queen size bed. My trip improved much better.

Room Tip: NO pool, in first location Very small rooms, People at desk did not speak English well.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here twice on our recent Russian odyssey. Overall there's not a much to complain about. We arrived at 7am - but were offered a room & breakfast for half the daily rate if we wished - until checkin at 2. This was grand for us as we could have breakfast and a rest for a few hours before heading into Moscow. The hotel is fine. Clean as a whistle. Breakfast is very good (please buy a toaster though) with plenty of choice. There was never a problem getting a table in the breakfast room. the lobby bar served good (albeit expensive) food and drink and was a nice calming place to relax in. The sauna./gym area is clean and well maintained. The area the hotel is situated in is not exciting by any means however there is a nice park across the road. We felt safe in the area at all times. 40 mins into Red Square is fine in my book.
Also - 2 issues we had with the room that were reported to reception (problem with aircon & the minibar not being refilled) were rectified so quickly that the job was complete by the time we returned to the room from reception. Very impressive.
So whats slipping?? Some (and I don't mean all) of the reception staff are not totally on the ball. I asked if an item of clothing that we had mislaid had been found. Over 2 days we were told No - It hadn't. On putting my luggage into their baggage room on our last day - there it was on a hangar (along with a dozen or so also "mislaid" items). Visa Registration seems to be (somewhat understandably) an issue of confusion - 2 members of staff refused to register my visa saying it wasn't required. I finally prevailed on another to register it. On checking with my embassy - I was informed that had this not been done, there would have been an issue on departure. This is a black mark!!!!
Overall however, our stay was a happy & contented one. The price was more than reasonable for what we got and when fate casts me back into Moscow, I will return here. Now if they could just put back those bowls of green apples into reception.......

Room Tip: Front of the hotel please.....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My SO and I stayed here for a few days while sightseeing in Moscow. The hotel staff were very friendly, spoke english (which was extremely helpful!) Reception/first floor looked recently updated, very modern, has a bar with lots of seating, a living room area with a flat screen tv, a dining area in the back, which serves continental breakfast everyday. There's also a sauna and gym.
Check in and out went smoothly, and the hotel set up transportation for us to and from the airport.
When you get upstairs it's a different story. The rooms are quite small, with twin beds that are almost child-size (low to the ground). I should mention this is my first time to Europe and my SO said many hotels have beds this size...so perhaps this is normal? Upstairs looks dated, but very clean and the wifi worked well.
As others have mentioned, it's about a 5 minute walk, if even that, to the nearest Metro Station.
*As a side note for American or English speaking visitors who are using the Metro, Memorize or take photos of the Russian Stops that you're going to-from. They are all in Russian Characters, there are no english signs*

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bethany S
Cheltenham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very similar to a UK Travelodge/Premier Inn. Rooms are of a decent size, you get two cartons of juice, two bottles of water and some savory snacks in the free mini bar. Breakfast is a mixture of some hot and cold dishes, does what it needs to do. Front of house were helpful and responded to my email straight away about booking a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Within a 3 minute walk of the metro and the same line will get you to the Kremlin within 25 minutes. For the price it was very good and I would stay at it again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends