This is an excellent hotel and seems to be a well kept secret! I have been to Moscow several times and trust me, it is the best option you'll find in this city.
The location: superb. Despite what others say, the walk to the closest metro is short and easy to find. Personally I think if you can afford to stay at such a place, you can also afford a cab which takes you directly to the front door. It took me less than 15min to walk to the Red Square, which is perfect since the immediate surroundings of the hotel are very calm. I liked my relaxing view on the river.
The room: superb as well, matches easily all european high class hotels. It is absolutely clean, very modern and as opposed to many other hotels, the wifi does work and is actually very fast. It offers all usual amenities such as a good temperature control, minibar, shoe polishing etc. Especially the latter is very useful since shoes get dirty quite fast in Moscow so you always have a set directly in the room. Also, the space for coats and jackets is larger than in other hotels, and the room itself is quite large with a high ceiling.
When it comes to hotels, I am one of those guys who always pay special attention to the bathroom. Now this is the place where Kadashevskaya offers a real treat. Simple yet elegant and modern - flawless!
Room Service: The food was truly excellent and better than in comparable hotels I've stayed in. Both the salad and main dish I ordered were exquisite. The food offered is italian only, so you can't try the russian cuisine.
The service in general was attentive, friendly, and discrete. The staff speaks fluently english.
1. It is relatively expensive when compared to similar hotels in Europe,
2. The security measures force you to unlock every door on the way to the actual room, which I found a bit annoying.
3. Small details in the food of the room service: the bread had no taste and was a little odd, and the butter provided was such a small portion I had to laugh.
But then again, given the prices one can encounter in Moscow, I was never able to get a better deal in terms of quality and while getting the key card out at avery door can be annoying, it is good to know they keep the place safe (although frankly I never had a bad feeling since it is located in a good neighbourhood).
For all those seeking a calm spot to relax after a long day in the city, this is the best place to stay. I only hope the managment will reconsider its pricing policy, which is why I gave only 4 instead of 5 points. I would rate my room at 140-150€ instead of 200€. Apart of the price, this place is wonderful. But I guess this sentence goes for all of Moscow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Элегантныи современныи отель с 35 номерами находится непосредственно в историческом центре Москвы и предлагает превосходныи вид на реку и легендарныи Кремль. Это одно из немногих мест, где Вы можете провести романтические выходные вдвоем, либо в полнои конфиденциальности заключить важные деловые сделки. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Kadashevskaya Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.