“Well done, very good hotel”

Kadashevskaya Hotel
Ranked #48 of 313 Hotels in Moscow
The Plains, VA
“Well done, very good hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I liked this hotel, stayed here two nights. Good wifi (although it should be free), good food, very clean, modern. Basically, I want a good bed (check), shower (check) and connectivity (check) in a safe (check) clean (check) facility that is reasonably priced (someone else paid for my visit and it was in a foreign currency with which I am unfamiliar, so I can't speak to this),

I will return and recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank ThePlainsman
Kadashevskaya, Manager at Kadashevskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Our best greetings from Kadashevskaya Hotel in Moscow!
We are very glad that you had good experience and liked our hotel!

On behalf of Kadashevskaya Hotel Management, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Warmest regards from Kadashevskaya Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This is an excellent hotel and seems to be a well kept secret! I have been to Moscow several times and trust me, it is the best option you'll find in this city.

The location: superb. Despite what others say, the walk to the closest metro is short and easy to find. Personally I think if you can afford to stay at such a place, you can also afford a cab which takes you directly to the front door. It took me less than 15min to walk to the Red Square, which is perfect since the immediate surroundings of the hotel are very calm. I liked my relaxing view on the river.

The room: superb as well, matches easily all european high class hotels. It is absolutely clean, very modern and as opposed to many other hotels, the wifi does work and is actually very fast. It offers all usual amenities such as a good temperature control, minibar, shoe polishing etc. Especially the latter is very useful since shoes get dirty quite fast in Moscow so you always have a set directly in the room. Also, the space for coats and jackets is larger than in other hotels, and the room itself is quite large with a high ceiling.

When it comes to hotels, I am one of those guys who always pay special attention to the bathroom. Now this is the place where Kadashevskaya offers a real treat. Simple yet elegant and modern - flawless!

Room Service: The food was truly excellent and better than in comparable hotels I've stayed in. Both the salad and main dish I ordered were exquisite. The food offered is italian only, so you can't try the russian cuisine.

The service in general was attentive, friendly, and discrete. The staff speaks fluently english.

Negative things:
1. It is relatively expensive when compared to similar hotels in Europe,
2. The security measures force you to unlock every door on the way to the actual room, which I found a bit annoying.
3. Small details in the food of the room service: the bread had no taste and was a little odd, and the butter provided was such a small portion I had to laugh.

But then again, given the prices one can encounter in Moscow, I was never able to get a better deal in terms of quality and while getting the key card out at avery door can be annoying, it is good to know they keep the place safe (although frankly I never had a bad feeling since it is located in a good neighbourhood).

For all those seeking a calm spot to relax after a long day in the city, this is the best place to stay. I only hope the managment will reconsider its pricing policy, which is why I gave only 4 instead of 5 points. I would rate my room at 140-150€ instead of 200€. Apart of the price, this place is wonderful. But I guess this sentence goes for all of Moscow.

Room Tip: Walking distance from the Red Square
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank mistermonsieur
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 April 2011

It's a very small hotel in the very city center but its real location is not very convenient - you have to walk dirty side streets along the river to get to the real center. Funny - you can see the center with your own eyes but getting there is not easy. The same with metro station which is said to be close by but it's impossible to find even having the map. The service is more or less OK, the room is also OK if you only come there to sleep, the restaurant has nice food but waiters could be more friendly and they could also speak better english. That said, I expected more at the rate I paid, but if it was twice cheaper I would go for it for sure. Also I can imagine that the surroundings may look more appealing in warmer seasons.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank Tigerscout
Kadashevskaya, Manager at Kadashevskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2011

Warm greetings from Kadashevskaya Hotel in Moscow!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you liked our Italian cuisine.
Your feedback is very important for us and we will do our best to improve the restaurant service in our Hotel Kadashevskaya!

On behalf of Kadashevskaya Hotel Management, we would like to thank you once again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Cardiff
Reviewed 7 January 2011

This hotel is just what I have been looking for in Moscow. At somehing like £120 per night (exchange rate was less good when I paid than when I booked!) this is a very comfortable, well-equipped, modern hotel only a few minutes' walk from some of Mocow's main tourist sites (Kremlin, Tretskaya, etc) and the big (but to me unaffordable) stores - who needs brands anyway? The receptionists (only one was on duty at any time; we dealt with three in five days) all speak much better English than I speak Russian and they are really helpful - which is unusual in Moscow.

Breakfast was fine with plenty of variety, though the 'hot' food could have been hotter. Because it is a small hotel, there was no sense of rushing at breakfast.

It is worth knowing that the Embankment is a one-way street - not all taxis seemed to know.

There are plenty of local shops (pharmacies, florists, food) around the nearest Metro station, where there is also an excellent 'British Pab' (Molly Gwynne's) - fun when with Russian, non-Muscovite friends. Also one or two specialist shops (Le Pain Quotidien; a wine merchant) in the same area.

Very minor grumble: the sauna has a maximum temperature of only 65 degrees celsius.

I can only hope that the regular rave reviews don't lead to higher prices ...

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lamandin
Kadashevka, Manager at Kadashevskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Dear Valued Reviewer,

Our best greetings from Kadashevskaya Hotel in Moscow!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our hotel!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Moscow and liked the hotel.
Your feedback is very important for us and we will do our best to improve!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I liked the location and the italian restaurant, I think for a business it is good place in central Moscow. Waiter could speak better English, but othewise all perfect, especially girls at the reception.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank moscow2
Kadashevka, Manager at Kadashevskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2010

Warm greetings from Kadashevskaya Hotel in Moscow!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our hote!

We are pleased to hear that you liked the hotel.
Your feedback is very important for us and we will do our best to improve!

On behalf of Kadashevskaya Hotel Management, we would like to thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 2 October 2010

These days it looks like I will be traveling very often to Moscow.
I think I couldn't wish for better hotel. All was already said about the location. It simply is great!
As for the rooms I was quite impress staying in de luxe category room. It's very spacious and well equipped, including nice business corner. Free Internet, small gym available 24 hours a day, infra red sauna (both free of charge) and availability of loundry self-service are just another small things that make a difference.
Check also the hotel's Mamma Giovanna restaurant. It's quite cozy, with decent food and reasonably priced.
I definitely back here in a week.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank MichalZ77
Kadashevka, Manager at Kadashevskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2010

Warm greetings from Kadashevskaya Hotel in Moscow!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to hear that you had great experience at our hotel Kadashevskaya. And your comment “Second home in Moscow” is the best award for us.

On behalf of Kadashevskaya Hotel Management, we look forward to welcoming you back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future.

Belgium
Reviewed 4 September 2010

A charming hotel 10 minutes away from the Red Square, by the river. Reception staff young , motivated and helpful. Prices lower than usual Moscow fares. Rooms modern and comfortable. A hidden treasure in the heart of Moscow.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business