“Excellent for business stays in Moscow”

Holiday Inn Moscow-Tagansky
Ranked #51 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I visited this hotel few times between March and June 2013. Usually arriving on Monday and leaving Thursday or Friday.
This hotel is very conveniently located, very close to the centre, and short walk from a metro station.
Reception personnel was always very professional, friendly and helpful. Rooms are very large and comfortable. Breakfasts were fantastic.
The only problem I experienced is that rooms on the side of the main street are more noisy - for someone with light sleep like me it's not nice. So ask for a room on the other side...
One more aspect - the price: I used the globally negotiated corporate rates - which were very attractive comparing to other 4* hotels in Moscow.

Room Tip: Avoid main street rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Ksenia K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow-Tagansky, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for leaving us a review about your stay in Holiday Inn Simonovsky! It is nice to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our staff were able to accomdate you during your visit! Also thank you for rating our services with such a high mark!

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Ksenia Kirpun

Front Office Manager
Т: +7 495 287 14 00
F: +7 495 287 14 01

Reviewed 20 August 2013

spent 10 nights attending World Athletics championships. This meant I was out most of the days.
Check-in worked well. Room is large with normal facility - but TV has odd 20 second delay to switch on and went to high sound volume when switched off.
Breakfast was good with a chef who cooks eggs to order (but groups can be sent to sub rooms without this).
Wifi worked OK, room was cleaned properly.
Transport is easy by metro.
Some problems with staff not understanding English but they tries to help.
Would recommend as a base for exploring Moscow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Novoselova_13, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow-Tagansky, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear meaney_george!

We were delighted to have you staying with us during such an important sports event! On behalf on our staff I would like to thank you very much for leaving us a lovely review on the services we provided you with.

I do hope that you will be coming back to us in the future and will chose Holiday Inn Sinonovsky for your further adventures in Moscow.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I would stay again: Room was clean and quite large. TV, AirCon and W-LAN worked well. Room service was quick and friendly. Breakfast is generally good, but there are not too much tables compared to the number of guests. Therefore I had to wait a bit for my table.

Gym (located at 2nd floor) is not so big, but clean and machines are in good shape.

Location of the hotel is very good with close connection to subway. It takes you 10 minutes to the very center of Moscow by cab (depending on traffic of course), but there is also the possiblity to walk to the Red Square within approx. 30 minutes. From the airport (DME) it's about 40 minutes by cab.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Novoselova_13, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow-Tagansky, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for giving such a nice feedback on our property regarding your recent stay! It is nice to hear that have enjoyed many of our services and thank you very much for rating them in such detail. We really do value your opinion and will take a note of it and aim for much higher performance!

Regarding breakfast area being very busy in the mornings, we do have a large number of tourist group coming in over the summer period, therefore unfortunately that could be a little inconvenient for some time. I could suggest you next time to order breakfast in and we will be happy to deliver it up to our room!

I hope you will consider choosing our hotel for your next visit to Moscow! Looking forward to welcome you back!

With best regards on behalf of Holiday Inn Simonovsky team,

Assistant Manager, Front Office

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Rooms are fairly large and beds very convenient. Breakfast buffet is quite ok, but you can expect lots of tourist travelers there.

Unfortunately I've been very disappointed by the staff. I asked them to send some postcards to my relatives back home (I do this old-school thing during all travels), but none of them ever reached the recipient. Because those, which I sent from post office arrived fine, I can only assume that they've been thrown away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

I appreciate you taking your time and leaving us a lovely feedback about your recent stay! I was glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you accordingly and make your stay comfortable!

I am sure that you are quite upset about the post cards not reaching your relatives on time. It could have been the post service delay. However, if you wish to give me some details please do not hesitate to email me ( you could find my contact details below) so I could investigate the issue and contact you back.

Hope to be welcoming you back to Moscow soon!

anna.novoselova@ihg.com

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Rate: service: 0/10, no riguourous staff, you need to follow up everything by yourself otherwise your cab is not there, food not delivered. Well the poorest i have ever seen. Hotel is close to metro station and rooms are standard and clean. Restaurant quality is there. Food is good. The most striking thing is the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013
Novoselova_13, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow-Tagansky, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Dear Guest!

It is very upsetting for me to hear that you have experienced some problems and troubles during your stay with us. I do hope that our problem resolution suited your needs and we were able to leave you with some good experience toward the end of you stay. Thank you very much fro your feedback and I hope you will choose to stay with us more in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel first time. Staff is very friendly. I got an upgrade to an exec room as well. Location is convenient close to the metro and the Pavelska Vaksal. So you can take the train to DME to avoid traffic. Restaurant for breakfast is good, all what you need. Free internet and a nice Alenka chocolate as a presence which was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest!

It is wonderful to hear back from you about your most recent stay with us! Thank you very much for your input and response as it is highly important for us to know how you felt about services provided by us. We are glad you have enjoyed our staff and convinient location!

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon!

With best regards from Holiday Inn Moscow Simonovsky!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

this holiday inn hotel is close to the metro station (walking distance - 5 minutes) but nearby area doesn't offer that much, rooms are large and clean and personel is enough kind to support in almost all enquieries. Breakfast is fairly good. WiFi Internet connection is free but speed is not an option...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank eccoo
Novoselova_13, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow-Tagansky, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for leaving a comment about your stay with us. Your effort is highly appreciated by our team as it is very important for us to know how you felt about staying in Holiday Inn Moscow Simonovsky!

We are glad to hear your enjoyed our rooms and our staff. If you choose to stay with us more in the future please don't hesitate to contact our reception staff for recommendations for activities to do around in this area. Regarding your comment about our internet connection, we are working on it and we will have speed option in a near future.

Hope you will stay with us again!

Assistant Manager, Front Office