“Expensive, but worth it”
Review of Lotte Hotel Moscow

Lotte Hotel Moscow
Ranked #1 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Staed at Lotte Hotel in June 2011 for 3 days for the conference. Normally, wouldn't be able to justify the cost, but received a special corporate rate as the conference delegate.
It is by far the best hotel I stayed in Moscow.
Spacious and very luxurious rooms, opulent furnishings, well-thought out and the most improtant thing for me - very quet and descreet. Really liked it and would keep coming back, if the price was as good as it was during the conference.
Bathrooms are amazing, shower is made as a wet room, so no slipping or climbing into the bath behind the shower crutain. Toilet has a heated seat and you can use a sprinker and a fan heater at a press of a button instead of the toilet paper! :) Molton Brown toiletries was a cherry on the cake.
Tube station is literally just across the road. A couple of nice supermarkets are also a few minutes walk away.
If you can afford it, I would recommend this hotel over any others in Moscow.
Free WiFi, very nice pool and spa.

Room Tip: If they are not busy, ask to be upgraded to a delux room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank travelproLux

Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed at the Lotte for 3 days. It was a very pleasant experience. Breakfast was lovely and the room were very comfortable. The hotel staff did everything possible to assist with our requests. I would recommend to ask for a higher floor to have a good view over the city. The spa and pool is good. There are plenty of popular restaurants nearby Novy Arbat as mentioned in other reviews. We booked via lhw website and had a very moderate price <GBP300 (12000 Roubles) and was offered a room upgrade. In the past I stayed in all 5* hotels and my favorite now are Lotte and Ritz

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LHWsampler
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed every moment, when I was in the luxury Lotte hotel: from the wonderful breakfst till the swimming in the evening (don't miss the swimming pool: the ceiling is changing colours!). The hotel is perfectly located with an easy access to any part of Moscow, in a walking distance from the famouse touristic Arbat street, with plenty of good restaurants nearby and of course in the hotel. The room was very quiet; even facing the Novinsky boulevard there was no noize at all. Thank the hotel's staff for their wonderful work!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Mariro2003
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My fiancee and I stayed at the Lotte Hotel in Moscow at our recent stay in Moscow and it was just a bad experience. Everything was off and whatever you expect from a hotel like this... Just forget it, noisy, bad service, over designed, over priced.....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
18  Thank moehl1151
nlapshina, Public Relations Manager at Lotte Hotel Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Dear Sir, obviously we are greatly concerned when any of our guests has a negative experience whilst staying at our hotel with us. We pride ourselves on the highest levels of customer service. We would therefore be very interested to hear further details of your issues concerning your stay as you only describe your dissatisfaction in the very broadest of terms, so that one might almost suspect you had never actually set foot in our hotel. We very much look forward to hearing further from you should you care to supply these details.

Yours faithfully,
Stanislav
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 8 July 2011

First impression - It’s clearly seen that the hotel is new and very expensive. Huge stairs and enormous lobby, but very empty and lifeless! I had a feeling I would get lost there, it was neither cozy, nor comfortable.

Now the main points:
+ Breakfast was the best thing that ever happened to me. Just wonderful.
- The street was very very noisy, it was getting on my nerves. Chaotic and crazy.
- Service was fine, but very slow. However the staff were very friendly.
- The location was disappointing. Very far from Red square and the major sightseeing, over an hour to walk, so only taxi (mind the traffic!!).

All in all the hotel is fine, but something is missing. Especially for the money they’re asking.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank juxen2008
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I am a frequent traveler to Moscow and have stayed at all the big hotels. My new favorite is the Lotte. While the location is farther away from the Kremlin, the facilities and staff are wonderful and well worth it. The rooms are comfortable and spacious with all the modern amenities you would find at the Ritz, including a coffee maker inside the TV bureau. I am still dreaming about the fluffy duvets and enormous bed. Bathrooms are also large with those funky Japanese electronic bidets and a drawer of toiletries in case you have forgotten. Breakfast is a sumptuous french buffet with everything you could possibly think of and catering to all tastes--from Japanese to German fare. Top-notch (and this includes price) restaurants are located in the hotel. Good gym facilities and a pool underneath a facade of a starry sky. (Not as good as a lap pool though). The best thing about the Lotte were the people. I have never in all my travels to Moscow had staff approach me and ask if I had everything I needed, if I needed any help in arranging cars or travel around the city, and proudly telling me that they spoke English if I needed any help translating. While my Russian is pretty good, I was wowed by their outgoing friendliness.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank NVNINO
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Lotte Hotel was the home for my partner, my dog (labrador) and me for more then 6 weeks in April and May 2011 when we moved to Moscow from Tokyo.
Before I moved to Lotte I stayed in Ritz-Carlton for two weeks (alone) and Marriott Grand Hotel on Tverskaya for few days- and can say Lotte is much better then those two in any possible way.
Fist of all- the stuff- very friendly and helpful there. We always feels welcome without that snobby look you can get in Ritz or ignorance of Marriott stuff.
Our room 707 was not huge but pretty specious and very well designed. After 6 weeks I didn't get bored of it.
Bathroom is beautiful with huge walk-in rain shower and washlet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washlet )-
that is very important detail if you move to Moscow from Japan, believe me!
Breakfast in Les Menus was absolutely delicious, but it would be nice to include champagne in it to make it absolutely perfect (at list for weekends)
Lotte may seems to be not in good location of Moscow from the first sight - at the age of Garden ring, but it's not true at all.
There is Arbat street just around the corner for pleasant morning walk (well, maybe not that pleasant in winter) and New Arbat - for shopping and eating (Kalina bar on the top of Lotte Plaza have fantastic view of Moscow and Balcon Restaurant on 7th floor in the same business center probaly the best option for meal in the earea, not cheap!)
You can easily walk to The Kremlin in 30-40 minutes. Nice walk along Moscow river toward to skyscrapers of Moscow city too- I've done it almost every day with my dog.
Picturesque metro station- Smolenskaya near by
Traffic on Garden Ring can be very hard, but I learn that there is no exceptions in Moscow- traffic is a total nightmare in entire city.
Hardly can remember any negative moments during my stay in Lotte.

Room Tip: Get the room face to Garden Ring for good view
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family