“WiFi connection”

Ranked #21 of 313 Hotels in Moscow
Dresden, Germany
“WiFi connection”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was stayed in RMC one week ago. Nice hotel and rooms. At the front desk Eugen (didn't remember his name correctly) made an upgrade to me and the room was realy great, it's called corner suit or something like that. But wifi connection in the room is terrible. 1st of all my there was some problems with my credit card, and i should exchange my money to rubles. But then i realize that i should leave a deposit to use some extras, like a wifi connection. For this one they told me to leave 12k of rubles... But i just asked them do not closed minibar and coz i need an internet. Whatever they offer me a voucher... 1 password for 1 device for 800 RR... but it didn't work. Then i asked Eugen to do something, coz i need a wifi connection to work. He asked night manager Denis to find a working passwords and he gave me a new one. 6 pass's for 3 days per 2400 RR (they gave me a discount, coz i was very angry after i told them that 4800 for WiFi just for 3 days it's too much!!), but connection... Of coz i expect that it's will not the speed of light but it was very slowly. Plz change our internet-operator or do smthng... Coz i should stay again more then 10 times... and i don't want to feel that i'm in 90's and everybody arounds me don't know what it is - the WiFi connection.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on the accommodation during your recent trip to the Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre. I agree that our Premier Corner Suites are a treat to find in Moscow, with over 75 square meters, a generous living and bedroom and crowned by a luxurious and spacious bathroom with a large panoramic view towards Moscow centre. It is a perfect base for a week's stay for work or leisure.

Also thank you for bringing up your woes with the internet. I apologize for the let down and I am delighted to confirm that we are in the process of changing provider to improve access and bandwidth quality altogether. In addition we are preparing towards the middle of the year to be able to offer free basic internet services for all guest rooms and public areas with greater bandwidth for high demand usage at a premium. I am confident that by April we have improved the situation significantly and I would be grateful to catch up with you by then to see if the changes have eliminated the inconveniences.

ARMIN EBERHARD
GENERAL MANAGER
aeberhard@renaissancemcmoscow.ru
Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel | 31A bld. 1 Leningradsky prospect | Moscow | Russia | 125284 |
T +7 495 995 0009 | F +7 495 995 0008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a 6 night stay whilst on a business trip to Moscow. The hotel was a great hotel and the staff are very helpful. I have read the complaints some of the other reviews have left but I had no issues. The noise is no different from any other city centre hotel and the staff were great. I had an issue with he curtains of my room not closing properly and once reported this was resolved within minutes. They could not do enough. The fitness centre was well maintained. Great hotel and I will not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

While traveling to Moscow I stayed in this hotel twice and the experience was generally good. I found the hotel to be very good for its value. Breakfast was included in the package and the quantity and the quality of food was very good. The rooms were clean and tidy and the view from my room was fantastic. Room service was fast and the food was very tasty.

The checking-in procedure was simple enough and the hotel the staff generally friendly.
I had an unfortunate experience of getting a hotel taxi and the after dropping me at a shopping mall the taxi driver disappeared although he was supposed to take me back to the hotel. When I complained to the front desk they were nice enough not to charge me for the trip.

There is also a shopping mall at a couple of mins walk from the hotel and there is always some security at the hotel in case one wants to take a stroll outside after dark.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is the fourth hotel I have stayed in in Moscow, and it did not disappoint.
The rooms are very spacious, clean and modern. Bathrooms are large and well-appointed.
What stands out, though, at this hotel is the staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, which set a positive tone throughout our stay.
The food is also very, very good - from the beautiful and diverse breakfast buffet to the delicious dinner in the Allegro bar . . . and including the banquet service.
Several people have commented about the noise from the busy street in front of the hotel. I have to admit that, due to the traffic noise, I also had a bit of a time falling back to sleep when I woke up in the middle of the night, as the sound insulation is not as good as the hotels in Germany or Switzerland; but, that said, it was not 'loud' just louder than expected. I am sure I could have requested a room that faces away from the main road, but I was not bothered enough to switch rooms once I was settled in. If you are a light sleeper, just be sure to request a room that is not on the main highway.
Someone else mentioned that the metro station is not close enough. It is a 15 minute walk, but it is an easy walk and, after only one stop, you are right in the center of Moscow.

Positives - staff, food, room size and amenities
Negatives - noise if your room faces the main drag

Room Tip: As noted, if you are a light sleeper, you should request a room not facing the main road. Also, if...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hamburgdude
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Traveler,

I am delighted that you rate our food in bar and restaurant so highly in variety as well as in quality and our chef, Alain who has been with the property since opening will take great pride in your comments.

Thank you for your great comments about the teams' friendliness, it is I agree the essential ingredient to success and for you to consider a return.

In regards to the accommodation facing the third ring and therefore being exposed to traffic noise, I confirm you statement that we do have rooms facing in all four direction of the city and allow for quite rooms to ensure rest for the sensitive sleepers as well.

At the same time I have received commitment to add further noise insulating glazing to the front facing accommodation to reduce any disturbance further and works will commence this year.

I hope to add another advantage to our hotel offerings thus and I thank you for mentioning the issue.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Reasonably modern in a 1980's way. Big comfortable room, but the highway running outside generates enough noise to make sleep a distant friend you are never going to see. Some basic noise insulation and this would pass as a reasonable hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Traveler,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us about your recent stay at the Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre.

I appreciate your comment regarding the large and comfortable rooms we feature.

I am sorry to learn that the outside city noise prevented a restful sleep, we do feature accommodation to all side of the building and can cater to the most sensitive sleepers and I would want to personally ensure that your requirements are met upon your return to prove the point.

I would be delighted if you would contact me directly for arrangements and I hope we can persuade you to choose the Renaissance Monarch Centre again.

T +7 495 995 0009 | F +7 495 995 0008 |
Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I started staying in Renaissance Moscow Monarch last year, I was staying in the Grand but it is not be kept up. I have had 3 stays in Monarch now totaling ~52 nights. The restaurants in this hotel and the room service are a great improvement, They are every bit as good as some of the higher rated restaurants in Moscow and that is saying a lot. You don't even have to leave the hotel, the variety of food choices is is great. The executive lounge large spacious and the quality of the food is also surprising for an executive lounge. I asked my company to set up a contract with the Monarch and they have. The staff throughout are caring and concerned about their guests having the best possible experience. Just to qualify this rater experience, after this stay I will have over 800 nights in Marriott hotels, most of which have been in Moscow.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Traveler,

I want to thank you for yoru great effort and detailed kind reflection of the many positive experiences you took with you form our hotel.

And taking into consideration your volume of experiences and ability to compare operations I am very thankful for your compliments about the teams' efforts to ensure your comfort and well being.

We are all delighted to have created such great impressions and will continue to try to exceed your expectations.

Looking forward to seeing you back with us

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed there for a week and the hotel is really nice. The gym and swimmingpool is nice, but you have to bring your bath robe and sleepers from the room, because they will not give you one.
The restaurants are good and the staff really friendly, although at some of the restaurants they speak just a little bit of english, which is a challenge if you want some advice on the menu.
The rooms are noisy, because it's next to a busy motorway and you don't have any metro stop really closed, you will have to walk about 15.20 min at least and crossing streets where pedestrians have little or no priority, so be cautious and don't think the drivers will stop, because they won't!
The internet was quite a challenge, extremelly slow and nerve wracking when you need to work from the room. To finish, the breakfast is outrageously expensive for what they offer. If you usually take a small breakfast, then get a coffee in the room and get a muffin from the cafeteria at the lobby.
Not sure if I would go back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Armin E, General Manager at Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your positive reflection on our team's service and attitude. With two permanent English teacher on staff we strive to give all our associates the opportunity to improve their English language skills.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by the internet provision to your accommodation. We are currently working on new supply agreements and hardware upgrades to improve the service dramatically and we should see results within a month.

I also appreciate your comment regarding the breakfast and I would agree that a quick and basic breakfast coffee is best served in our Allegro lounge, as our breakfast buffet with its rich offerings of hot and cold specialties is suited better for a hearty breakfast session.

Thank you once again and I hope that you will decide for the Renaissance Monarch Centre once again upon your return to Moscow.