“worst place I ever stayed!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of TNT Hostel Moscow

TNT Hostel Moscow
Ranked #568 of 1,423 Speciality Lodging in Moscow
Bucharest, Romania
“worst place I ever stayed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

That was really the worst place I ever stayed! I saw on the map that is very close to the city center of Moscow and I thought that it can't be that bad as the reviews are saying and I booked... But it was worse then I could imagine! The hostel is on the 3rd floor of a building - there is no sign and nobody knows about it. The DELUXE room in which we stayed, the only one with it's own bathroom, was very dirty, the sheet didn't seem clean at all, the carpet was stained and the shower, the sink and the closet were disgusting. Above all, the room is just next to the shared bathroom that everyone in the hostel is using, and you can here the door opening and closing all night long, every 10 minutes (we didn't sleep at all two nights in a row). There are guests that seem to live there, not friendly at all!
The girls at the reception are very kind and helpful, but this and the central location are really the only pluses. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you are desperate. You rather chose something a little far but close to a metro station or a bit more expensive.

Room Tip: don't go!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This place wasn't terrible, but I have definitely stayed in better. However it is cheap so it will do if that's what youre looking for. It is located in an apartment and very small with about 25 beds crammed in. One shower and two toilets. Hardly any locker facilities available. Its in a good location and close to all the main sites. Kitchen and common room are tiny, and a lot of people seem to live in this hostel! Personally I wouldnt stay again, however I would reccomend it to people on a tight budget.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sergeyg1985, Владелец at TNT Hostel Moscow, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review! We will do our best to make all our services better and host you next time in rennovated hostel!
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good localization. In a short distance there are some shops, cafeteria and pub, good place for a start of an exploration of the city.I think, that this hostel has a very good sleeping places for both: young and old people!Moreover, i liked helpfull and a very kind staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
izmir
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

fantastıc place and all fine ,best hostel for me they are so frendly and helping anytıme rooms are so nıce,ı was stay 5 days thx for all staff and frıends hope to see you next time.ım gıvıng from turkey 100 poınt take care all ,one more tıme thx for all,

Room Tip: east rooms are nice views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Can I start by saying the service we received at this hostel was immaculate and although I don't think Russia is for me everything I needed the hostel helped with/did. We booked a private transfer to the hostel and we were very glad we did as on your own this hostel could be hard to find, however, if you ring when you arrive someone will come down and meet you. The hostel were also very helpful in regards to our visas and as we were only staying 3 days did not charge us to register our visa. We booked a private transfer back to the airport at the end of our stay and again this was sorted quickly. Allow yourself at least 2 hours to get the airport as traffic in Moscow is in the words of Michael McIntire 'a nightmare!'. Taking into account all of the above and the fact any queries about places to visit were always sorted I would say service, for us, was a pro of this place.

Now onto the room: we stayed in a private room so cannot comment on the dorms but as we are not fussy the room served its purpose. It was clean, comfortable and we had a tv. Accommodation in Moscow is really expensive but you know that on booking so can't say they overcharged.

There is only one bathroom and a very small toilet to share between everyone. I would suggest a pair of flip flops as the floor can be a bit sticky. They are a bit smelly but not unbearable. I used the toilet in the shower room mainly as then you could smell shower gel.

All in all a small but perfectly adequate hostel. If you know you are fussy or a complainer it might not be for you but for us it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Helenkm18
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This hostel did the job I suppose, it provided a bed and a tiny kitchen...which was just accessible. The staff seemed distant and unfriendly at times but that may have been the language barriers. It only has one shower too, making it a bit of a nightmare at times!

As for location, you're pretty close to the Kremlin, Red Square and various museums which are great to do in the day, you'll have to prepare yourself for opening times though, as they're quite unpredictable!

I'd say you're quite close to nightlife too, however it can be a right challenge getting in anywhere, as their 'face control' is ridiculous, we were turned away from countless clubs and pubs...so if you're going out, make sure you have plenty if women with you! (Maybe even a 500 RUB bribe if you're desperate)

Overall, like I said, the hostel did the job, we met some cool like minded people travelling and studying which made the stay a bit brighter, the beds weren't the best and the kitchen is tiny, but I guess it's worth the price!

• Stayed June 2013
Strathalbyn, South Australia, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Great location but staff seemed very lazy. Bathroom (only 1!!!) was filthy! iPhone stolen from room and miraculously reappeared in communal area minus it's cover after complaining to staff. Very difficult to find.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Moscow hotels