I tend to skip writing reviews or answering certain surveys, however since InterContinental Team provided a very special and unique experience I would like share few acknowledgements.
In order to describe in a more valuable way why InterContinental provided a distinctive experience, I would like to provide more details of our stay with few clear examples:
1. Appprox. 2h. after the check-in we have approached the check-in desk team for a stamped paper confirmation that we actually live in this hotel, just in case the police will stop us on the streets. Pleasantly, the person conducting our check-in (Ruslan) in just a few seconds provided us with a confirmation with our full names without even looking at any computers. The fact that Ruslan remembered our names (btw. we have not very easy surnames) few hours after the check-in and after checking other guests in a hotel with >200 rooms (of course the hotel was just partially booked) was very professional and at the same it felt like home. The point here is not about how many rooms a hotel has or how many names are remembered - it is just a small attention which makes a big difference.
2. We have experienced a very pleasant breakfast atmosphere. For example every morning in a not pushy way we were nicely questioned about our time in Moscow, details of our trip, how we slept etc. The point here is that the team was showing attention in a professional way by not addressing just some robotic questions "Do you want tea or coffee" or "Did you sleep well" etc. but by addressing all the time interesting and unique questions. This was guaranteed by some 4-5 different staff members (most probably they were coordinating in the evening who and what question and to whom will address, just to make sure not to repeat themselves :) ). I think this was not due to our David & Victoria Beckham look :) I noticed this was the approach to most of the guests.
3. On the last day of our stay I just went to the Business center area to print our flight tickets.
We had a very late flight, however we did not even consider bothering the hotel team for keeping the room for some few extra hours, since the weather was really nice and we were fine to conduct some last-minute sightseeing/shopping.
Pleasantly the Guest Manager (Nadezhda - I hope this is the correct spelling :) ) just saw me and tried to find in a kind way more details about our stay and our origins.
Immediately after finding more details about our stay she offers us free of charge to keep the room till 16:00 - again we did not even ask for that. For us was ideal to have the room till 18:00 and since I have a negotiations background :) I just simply asked about this feasibility. We understood that this was not a standard routine, however Nadezhda immediately confirmed this arrangement and even sharing that InterContinatal team is privileged to offer such treatment. I think this again was a nice detail which make the experience more distinct, especially since we paid for 7 paid nights, however we have been in the hotel only for 5 nights - I did not even need to use this negotiation argument :).
4. Lastly on the check-out we were quite stressed due to timings and potential risk to end up in the traffic jam on the way to the airport. However again Ruslan managed to conduct in such a calm and fast way the entire check-out, call a recommended taxi, which indeed came immediately and was half of the standard hotel price.
When the hotel team deals with certain urgent cases in a honest, professional and calm way it is always easy to chose that hotel - in our case we choose InterContinental.
- Duration of stay: 1 week
- Purpose: first ever holiday in Moscow
p.s. I travel to Moscow few times per year for business purposes and usually I stay at Renaissance or Sheraton, however it seems there will be a change :).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moscow's latest five-star hotel, located on the main street of the Russian capital, within easy reach of all important business and cultural venues in this exciting city. The hotel features 203 beautifully appointed rooms and suites that give give a distinctly residential feeling. Chekhonte restaurant serves food prepared to traditional Russian recipes, served in a new, modern presentation. P-Square Bar's motto is "Chocolate by Day, Martinis by night" and it is the perfect place for meeting friends or simply to hang out with good music and great drinks.InterContinental Spa will help you to relax and rejuvenate after a busy day in Moscow with brilliant treatments in an energizing atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.