The Moscow Academic Musical Theatre of Stanislavskiy and Nemirovich-Danchenko
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent productions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stanislavsky Theatre is a very good choice for opera. I have seen about a dozen productions there, they were visually beautifull and musically perfect. It is a good alternative, specially when the tickets to Bolshoi are overpriced and virtually impossible to get outside the black market.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank MarcosH H

Hua Hin, Thailand
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Opera at the "Stan and Dan"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We went to see Tosca tonight, breaking my rule to watch only Russian operas in Russia. I do this so the sur-titles will be in English if the opera is sung in Russian, and because I like listening to the opera of the country I am in. I am sorry I broke my own rule.
Generally, I like this theatre, and the ballet and opera performed there are solid and professional. I like the intimate size of the theatre and the blue, gold and white color theme. Acoustics are good and the seating is comfortable enough. Programmes are in English and Russian. Decent food is available at intervals.
I like opera but I am not an expert. I thought the singing and the orchestra were good, but not exceptional, and I kept wondering at a blonde Tosca. Italian passion was missing, I thought, as did my companions.
The next opera I go to in Russia will, however, be Russian.

Visited December 2013
Moscow, Russia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Bigger than 'big'.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

In Russian, the Bolshoy Theatre is translated as 'big'. Well, this very theatre is bigger than the big one. Not in direct meaning, of course. It is my opinion. I have been in this theatre many times. I love it!!! The performances there are really great! You will enjoy it!

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Variety dance show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I saw a beautiful show featuring dances and costumes from many of the former USSR republics. I went with native Russian friends and really enjoyed the fantastic dancing and show. The dancers were excellent!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Denise P
Dublin
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Went to see Carmen, the atmosphere is great, and the opera was fantastic, silly me did not take into account that its sung in french and surtitles in russian, still an experience

Visited February 2013

Travellers who viewed The Moscow Academic Musical Theatre of Stanislavskiy and Nemirovich-Danchenko also viewed

Been to The Moscow Academic Musical Theatre of Stanislavskiy and Nemirovich-Danchenko? Share your experiences!