“The worst planetarium we've ever been to” 2 of 5 bubbles

Moscow Planetarium
Ranked #42 of 2,388 things to do in Moscow
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“The worst planetarium we've ever been to”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We always visit planetariums/imaginariums whenever we can during our family trips, but this one was a disappointment. Some installations are our of order, most are absolutely unclear what to do with, no explanations or guides are provided, or they are not very user-friendly. most of the staff is not very friendly, we've only met one staff member who explained the experiments and was nice to us. The organization is poor, when we come in, it is unclear where to turn and which way to go, and the staff is not really willing to answer questions, somostly we felt unwelcome and confused. We were unable to visit some exhibits because to go there you have to buy show tickets, shows are for older kids, not suitable for little ones. There were a couple exhibits at the lunarium which we enjoyed though, so I wouldn't say it wasn't worth visiting, but don't expect too much from it.

2 Thank YuliaGR

64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was really excited about visiting this place because it sounded really amazing in my guide book, but in the end the experience was sour sweet. First of all it was really annoying, because they have about 5 or 6 different halls and each one has it's own fee - and not even all that cheap. My friend and I decided on one - The Lunarium. It has different interactive displays and experiments and it's actually a lot of fun. I'd say the kids love it, but it can be interesting for adults also. It was interesting, but the mess regarding the organisation of the place made the planetarium lose a few points with me. I hoped to see more.

Visited August 2013
Moscow, Russia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Bad Organization”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was really disappointed by overall organization in Moscow Planetarium.
- the chaotic queue and a mess in the hall
- bad structure of the excursions: there are common excursions both for adults and children, but continuous questions coming from children leads to diverting the lecturer's attention away, simultaneous guide's speech from every corner refocuses your hearing
- the program "Return to the stars" is not structured and for the common people with lack of scientific knowledge

It's better to have separate programs for kids and adults having different intentions to go to planetarium.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Larissa T
Moscow, Russia
923 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 753 helpful votes
“Just wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was truly amazed by the amount of dedication put into refurbishing the planetarium. It's an amazing place where you can easily spend 4 hours without noticing it. The Lunarium consists of two rooms with interactive displays where kids (and adults) can see many physical phennomena explained by experiments. Both me and my husband were running around like children, wanting to try everything. Just amazing. We didn't have much time for Uranium and Star City, but they also seemed very interesting. And the show in Big Star Hall was simply marvellous, I'm seriously looking forward to watching another movies as it's remarkable. Then there's also an interesting display on the terrace of the planetarium.
The building is newly refurbished, everything is nice, clean and new. Staff helpful and friendly, there's a nice cafe and restaurant as well as gift shop with various interesting things to buy. I highly recommend coming here with both younger and older kids and even adults would find the visit very interesting.

Visited July 2013
Bodø
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Not very interesting for adults”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

I have attended numerous science museums like that around the globe so I wasn't very impressed. Tickets to the shows are expensive and have to be bought beforehand. Lots of kids here on weekends, so I would say that won't be very entertaining for the adults.

Visited March 2013