“Great for kids - not very stimulating or informative for adults”
Review of Moscow Planetarium

Moscow Planetarium
Ranked #43 of 2,455 things to do in Moscow
Reviewed 16 January 2014

If I were a kid, I'd have a ball running around this place playing with all the equipment and demonstration materials. For the grown-ups, there really isn't much that is informative or of interest. The one exception is the shows in the Large Star Hall which include a Universarium presentation (the Universarium projects the night sky onto the large domed ceiling - it's a pretty natty bit of machinery) and films (usually made in the USA) which are also projected onto the dome; head-sets are available for free which present the narration in a number of different languages.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The actual tour was ok but a little boring.
It was all work it for the English audio described planetarium show narrated by Liam Neeson.

But overall I think it is great and probably the most modern thing is Moscow right now (2013)

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We always visit planetariums/imaginariums whenever we can during our family trips, but this one was a disappointment. Some installations are our of order, most are absolutely unclear what to do with, no explanations or guides are provided, or they are not very user-friendly. most of the staff is not very friendly, we've only met one staff member who explained the experiments and was nice to us. The organization is poor, when we come in, it is unclear where to turn and which way to go, and the staff is not really willing to answer questions, somostly we felt unwelcome and confused. We were unable to visit some exhibits because to go there you have to buy show tickets, shows are for older kids, not suitable for little ones. There were a couple exhibits at the lunarium which we enjoyed though, so I wouldn't say it wasn't worth visiting, but don't expect too much from it.

2  Thank YuliaGR
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was really excited about visiting this place because it sounded really amazing in my guide book, but in the end the experience was sour sweet. First of all it was really annoying, because they have about 5 or 6 different halls and each one has it's own fee - and not even all that cheap. My friend and I decided on one - The Lunarium. It has different interactive displays and experiments and it's actually a lot of fun. I'd say the kids love it, but it can be interesting for adults also. It was interesting, but the mess regarding the organisation of the place made the planetarium lose a few points with me. I hoped to see more.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was really disappointed by overall organization in Moscow Planetarium.
- the chaotic queue and a mess in the hall
- bad structure of the excursions: there are common excursions both for adults and children, but continuous questions coming from children leads to diverting the lecturer's attention away, simultaneous guide's speech from every corner refocuses your hearing
- the program "Return to the stars" is not structured and for the common people with lack of scientific knowledge

It's better to have separate programs for kids and adults having different intentions to go to planetarium.

1  Thank Larissa T