“Perfectly adequate and nice hotel”

Courtyard Moscow Paveletskaya
Ranked #58 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Perfectly adequate and nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott Courtyard on 6 occasions this year and have enjoyed it on each occasion. The hotel is very conveniently located for train access from the main station via the express train to Domodedovo airport.
It is also easy access to the underground network.
The rooms are large and the bed is very comfortable. The TV in the room is nice and the interactive services available via it, like setting a wake up call via it are very useful.
The rooms are air conditioned and the bathroom is of a good size.
The staff are all very helpful and speak English very well. The restaurant is adequate and the quality of the food is perfectly acceptable. However, the breakfast buffet is overpriced,(in my opinion).
One negative is that the bar closes at 11.00-12.00 but you can get a beer from the foyer shop and drink it in the bar area. There is only 2 types of draft beer available which is not a lot for a 4* hotel.
There are plenty of local restaurants near by alternative dinning options.
The room rate can vary vastly depending on the time of year and what's going on in the city.
There is free wifi in the hotel which is perfectly adequate for surfing the net and a chargeable version with higher speed if required (free as well when staying in executive rooms)
I'm are I will stay there again on my next visit to Moscow.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
South Africa
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at the Marriott in June 2014 and it really is a very nice hotel. The room, overlooking the lobby, was quiet. very well appointed and luxurious. The bathroom had big fluffy towels and all the soaps etc necessary. The room was air conditioned - very quiet too - and there is a TV with oh so many channels in many languages. I really would recommend this hotel. The only problem I have with it is there is no wi fi in the bedroom UNLESS you pay extra for it. There is free Wi-Fi in the lobby. We were NOT assisted with our luggage at all on arrival or departure and this I found most disappointing for a 4 star hotel! The situation of the hotel is very good with Red Square and The Kremlin a 10 minute walk away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Zoersel, Belgium
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed a single night in this hotel for a business trip in June 2014. Very helpful staff who speaks more than enough English. Room was a nice size & clean. The wireless internet was not free but price & speed was ok. The minibar was unfortunately empty so I had to purchase a bottle of water from their shop. Breakfast was basic but ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Galina S, Rooms Operations Manager at Courtyard Moscow Paveletskaya, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear your appreciated our staff and the room you were provided. It is true we do not have mini-bars in our rooms as Courtyard concept requires. But we do have a wonderful Mini-market next to Front Desk which works 24/7 and has more than any mini-bar can offer! Our guests prefer to fill their mini-fridges with the goods they buy there or in the supermarket around the corner. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to providing you with an exceptional experience in the future.
Ulyanovsk, Russia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We spent one night in this hotel on the way to Italy. Standart 4 stars hotel of the international chain, nothing special and nothing bad. 3 min on feet to the Domodedovo Express from the Pavelezky Station. A lot of places to eat and to walk around. Nothing to complain, absolutely comfortable but nothing special to remember of after your trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Room was very comfortable. Seems mattresses of heavy foam and not inner springs, but still fine sleep due to comfortable, quiet room. Security solid. Guard at front door, and room access via elevator only by room key (this type security is typical in big city, particularly Moscow). Location about 200 meters from both Paveletskaya Train Station and from Metro is ideal. From hotel via Green Metro to AeroExpress was 25 minutes (a lot longer if you get lost in Moscow Metro ... signage is terrible in Metro, but that's another story). Solidr restaurant across parking lot called Torro Grill (burger and beers 900 rubles, Steaks around 1500 rubles). I did not try breakfast buffet at hotel for 1100 rubles ... starbucks coffee and muffin/yogart 1/3 the price and located nearby (x2 locations). Only complaint was that I needed late checkout on Sunday night until 6pm (catching 8pm train) and they wanted to charge me 1/2 price of the much higher week-day rate of 16,000 rubles! (My weekend rate was around 8000). I was told that was policy. When I pushed back and asked why not 1/2 of my weekend rate? Keep in mind that the hotel was NOT sold out that night and I was willing to pay 4000 rubles for additional 3 hours until 6pm, so bad business decision on their part .... room sat empty for night, instead of generating revenue. I roamed the streets outside the train station for 4 hours ... which isn't the most pleasant due to aggressive/poor people hanging around the station. To be fair, I returned to hotel 4 days later, needing a room from 9am until 6pm, while waiting for my flight back to Hong Kong. At first I was told I needed to pay the FULL 16000 rubles by one front desk staffer, but I objected and Yuriy (another front desk staffer) stepped in and said that 1/2 price would be acceptable. THANK YOU Yuriy ... it had been a long trip to remote Russia and I really needed a clean shower and nap before continuing my journey home.

2 Thank kmp248
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel is obviously in the more economy segment compared to the Mariott on Tverskaya but the Courtyard has very good location if you are coming from Domodedovo airport with the aeroexpress as it is 5 min walk from Paveletskaya station (where you can also take the metro around town). There was good breakfast buffet (you don't get anything at Tverskaya) , reception area is small but staff has been equally helpful. Rooms are nice size, clean, I really couldn't find any fault with it. Locally there is a good variety of places to eat (just ask Reception, they had a special map with all the restaurants in the area). So if you are looking for a convenient (but not extra shiny) place to stay, I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family and I just returned from this hotel and would highly recommend it. The hotel is in a private complex around office buildings. The rooms were clean and very large. The hotel and surrounding buildings were very modern. We had a room on the 8th floor and it was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The only down point is that the lobby is very small. However, there were always 2 staff on duty and they spoke English and were very helpful. There is free Wifi and there is one free bottle of water for the entire stay per room.

Across from the hotel there is a soviet style cafeteria that offered cheap filling meals and a bakery on the corner. Also along the main road ( turn left outside the hotel) there are numerous cafes.

Being independent travelers we found the location to be perfect. It's only a 5 minute walk to the metro/ train station. It's 2 stops from Red Square/ Kremlin or 20 minutes.

We took a taxi to the airport which the hotel helped us arrange. The taxi was metered and took a credit card and it was very clean. The hotel quotes the fare of 3000RUB which is at the upper end of the fare. The actual cost will depend on traffic and the airport. We traveled out of DME at 3am and the fare was 1600 RUB as there we no traffic. As I traveled with my family we paid an additional 500 RUB for a minivan which could seat 6-7 people.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family