“Great service in a very central location”

Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel
Ranked #13 of 311 Hotels in Moscow
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Great service in a very central location”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The first thing about Marriott is that most times you stay in a Marriott hotel you get good proactive service. Staff are usually friendly. This was very much the case at the Moscow Marriott Aurora. Staff at Check in were welcoming. I felt like I had a conversation with the receptionist at check in. It was nice for the first time in my life to get a room upgrade without even asking. I have no idea how or why but I was happy with it. The upgraded room was spacious. Most of all, I like the little attention to detail and the little extras. Many hotels will see that you have a bathrobe and slippers (although I never use them) but it is a nice added touch to see an umbrella hanging up in your closet. It came in handy.

Breakfast was included and there was a lot of choice. Often you hear that and find yourself disappointed to discover that other people's idea of choice is just what you would normally expect. But along with the usual options you had various meat dishes, at least four different choices of types of sausage, countless different breads and even champagne. Breakfast was included in my rate but it is really expensive if you don't have it in your rate.

Staff were always attentive and I was never left looking lost for more than ten seconds before someone would approach me asking what I was looking for.

I made use of the free wifi in the lobby but refused to pay almost 20 pounds for internet in room.

My only possible complaint would be of noise from outside at all hours of the night on my first night. The windows are not very sound proof and this may be a problem for some people.

I did not use every facility and cannot comment on everything but for a business trip it was perfectly located and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alasdair C
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Alasdair C,

I would like to thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service, the rooms and the food. Your opinion is very important to us and I will ensure this is shared with all members of the teams.

I do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Marriott Royal Aurora.

Kindest Regards,

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights at the end of October and I would, without hesitation, stay here again. A lovely hotel with impeccable staff. We had lounge access (the lounge was small in comparison to others) where it was nice to relax with a glass of champagne or a coffee whilst nibbling on some of the daily tasty snacks.

Pros - Perfect location, friendly staff, great buffet breakfast and a nice executive lounge.

Cons - Can't think of any!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FJES
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear F JES,

Thank you very much for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor following your stay in Marriott Royal Aurora.

I am extremely pleased to see that we lived up to your expectations, and we will be happy to welcome you back in the near future.

With warm regards,

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. Great service, great room, great food and the drinks were also pretty good ;)
Perfect location to Red Square and a huge variety of restaurants and bars in the area.
Breakfast at the hotel is excellent, with lots of choice.
Service was excellent, very attentive and friendly.
Perfect venue for business, holiay or short trip.
Hope to return shortly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ceri M
Dear Geri M,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, your comments are very important to all of us.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you will return back to the Marriott Royal Aurora.

With kind regards,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The central location of this hotel and it's excellent amenities made this a superb venue for our trip to Moscow. It is only 3 mins from the Bolshoi and 10 from Red Square. The hotel provided us with a range of restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. We had dinner at three, Uzbekistan, Kitezh and Barashka all of which were very good. The butler service with your room makes your stay very special as they arrive to wake you each morning with a paper and coffee. There is also a cash dispenser in the lobby

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John H
Dear John H,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your stay in our hotel.

We have shared your comments with our team, and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our unique Butler service that we are especially proud of.

Hope to welcome you back in Aurora,

Kind regards,

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at the Marriot Aurora for 5 nights in September on business.
The location of the hotel is excellent right in the centre of Moscow just a little walk from Red Square.
The room was spacious and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities.
The breakfast was good, buffet style with a good choice of different foods catering for all tastes.
Although I only used the fitness centre once it was really well equipped.
The staff were really friendly and the level of service really high exactly what I would expect from the Marriot chain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Donna H,

Thank you very much for you feedback and your kind words, this is extremely important to all of us.
I am happy to see you were satisfied with our hotel and service, and I do hope to welcome you back personally in the near future.

Kind regards,

Sandy Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five days in October. We normally do not stay at large US chain hotels. This time we did and were pleasantly surprised. This was an old hotel that Marriott completely renovated . Rooms were large the service was fine, and the food was very good. The concierge was very helpful to us, getting us tickets to the Bolshoi, and making a reservation at Café Pushkin. Also, the location was perfect for walking to all the famous sites.

We would recommend this hotel in Moscow also because the costs were far less than the competition.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your kind feedback.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your comment has been shared with the team.

Thank you again and looking forward to see you back,

Warm regards,

St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Despite of the good location I will never come here again. The hotel is old and badly renovated. The kitchen smells come to the rooms through the bathroom. The junior suite we had was facing the street where all night the evaluators were removing bad parked card. It happens every nights. Not hotels' fault but still no possibility to sleep well. There are many nice places in Moscow to be for there big money they charge.

Room Tip: Seems no hood rooms. The problems of this hotel is global. I stayed twice but will never return as t...