“Fantastic hotel and great location!”

Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel
Ranked #13 of 326 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On my first trip to Moscow I had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel. It was excellent in every department. The staff were extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. The recommendations of the concierge were terrific. The staff in the Lounge - both morning and evening - could not have been nicer. Great experience in every respect. Also, just a 10 minute walk to Red Square and many other attractions.

Room Tip: Very quiet in the back. If you have access to the Lounge you must take advantage of that service.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear JohnWarren3,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Marriott Royal Aurora. Guest comments, such as your own, help us to improve at every level.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora, and we will do our utmost to make your stay most pleasant.

There are newer reviews for Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2014

You can't beat its location, right on the wonderful pedestrian walkways around the "Tsum" department store, behind the Bolshoi. Shop till you drop (if you re a millionaire) and eat wonderful georgian, uzbekistan, russian or international cuisine. However no great views, and the actual hotel itself is quite unmemorable and has no style or personality. Rooms are spacious, as is the case with most luxury hotels in Moscow. Very pricey, more than some of the more historical and famous hotels, plus you have to pay a lot for wifi, and a coffee in the small lobby bar is worth its weight in gold, so be careful what you order. Service was wonderful, attentive. For example there were some loud banging noises in my room during one of my stays, and the receptionist immediately gave me an upgrade. I really enjoyed my suite for the rest of my stay. All in all it's all good, but I opted for a cheaper, more historical, central luxury hotel with free wifi and cheaper services in my following stay a week later, after being a customer here on numerous occasions.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the restaurant, unless you like being woken up by the clinking of knifes and forks...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alex P
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Alex P,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Royal Aurora for your Moscow stay.

Thank you for your feedback and valuable comments - our guests' opinion is of high importance to all of us.

I am glad to inform you that as of July 1st, 2014 we have introduced complimentary WiFi in all the guests' rooms.

I do hope to welcome you back in Aurora, and we will do our best to make your stay most enjoyable.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I gave it a "very good mark" because the location is superb and the staff is polite and attentive. However, being in the center of Moscow I would prefer something that bears at least some historical feeling. This hotel lacks even a hint of it. It is just a very chain hotel, similar to any other Marriott anywhere else. If you decide to stay there, make sure you are not at the 7th floor: the rooms are really small and the only window is almost nonexistent. I spent one night there and felt really claustrophobic. Then I moved to a junior suite on the 3rd floor, which was much larger, but the only window, again, was facing an inner court. I believe that they might have street-facing rooms, I was just my bad luck. Another detail I did not like was the hordes of security guys in the lobby. Otherwise, it's a good place - as close to most Moscow attractions as it could be.

Room Tip: Ask for a street-facing suite
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear War-chique,

Thank you very much for your feedback and your comments, which are extremely important for us.

I do hope to welcome you back personally to the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora in the near future, and we will try our best to accomodate you in a room to your liking.

Looking forward to see you in Aurora,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Marriott Royal Aurora is located at a great location close to the historical center (Red Square, Kremlin, Bolshoi), restaurants and metro. We stayed as a group (3 families) and had a great time. The facilities were excellent and the staff attentive. We had a guide called Daniel from Toursbylocals.com and he was awesome and did not use the concierge that much but the few times we asked them for information, they were not very helpful. The breakfast spread was very good and the check-in, restaurant and services desk staff were excellent. I will recommend the hotel highly

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Vidyap,

On behalf of all the team at the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora may I thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor following your stay at our hotel.

I was delighted to note that you had a memorable time with us. Recognition and attention to detail are extremely important to us, and I am pleased to learn that we lived up to your expectations in this regard. I will be sure to share your kind words with all our staff.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon, and we will make our best to provide you the service you have the right to expect from Marriott. .

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had three days in Moscow at the start of a Volga Dream holiday in June.

The Aurora is in a very convenient location and is well appointed with attentive well trained staff. We enjoyed the breakfasts as part of our package but the prices for other meals and drinks at the hotel were outside any holiday makers' budget. Perhaps OK for those on expense accounts. There are plenty of affordable and good quality restaurants close to the hotel, however, and we enjoyed searching them out. We also were able to walk to Red Square etc after our hectic days on excursions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear denis y,

I would like to thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Your opinion is very important to us and I will ensure this is shared with all members of the team.

I do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Marriott Royal Aurora.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Olga and Sofia were outstanding, booking circus tickets, train tickets, and ground transportation. Very professional and accommodating. Lovely hotel, great location, close to Red Square, Kremlin, etc... Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gord G,

Thank you so much for your comment.

I was delighted to note that you had a memorable time with us. Recognition and attention to detail are extremely important to us, and I am only too pleased to learn that we lived up to your expectations in this regard. I will be sure to share your kind words with all our staff, especially Olga and Sofia.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you want a nice hotel that is walking distance to everything AND with friendly staff than loo no further than the Marriott Royal Aurora. We've traveled a lot and this is one of the best hotels. One of my favorite parts? Comfortable beds! Really. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th floor come with free breakfast, mid day snacks and happy hour. Very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear kertehQT,

Thank you very much for your feedback and your kind words, which are extremely important for us.
I was happy to learn that you were satisfied with our hotel and service, and I do hope to welcome you back personally to the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora in the near future.

Kind regards,