“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #12 of 310 Hotels in Moscow
Houston, Texas
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our family of 5 (2 rooms) spent the first 4 nights of our trip here. The hotel is beautiful, well-located and the customer service was excellent. You can walk to Red Square and all the major sights of the city.

When visiting Moscow, it is very nice to stay at a hotel where the staff all speak English. Once you leave the hotel, that is not the case. It really makes things a lot easier as far as planning your day.

We was so impressed with the customer service. For example, during our first night staying there, I woke up at 3:00 am due to jet lag and could not sleep. I decided to go to the gym to run on the treadmill. Being that it was the middle of the night, there was no one else in the gym and the temperature was a very warm. After I began working out, an employee came in to crank up the air conditioning. I did not even have to ask! Within 10 minutes, it had cooled down. I really appreciated this very nice gesture.

The breakfast buffet was very good and the waitstaff were very attentive. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again, especially now that they have free Wifi in the rooms.

Also, we really appreciated that the staff all speak English. It would really be a lot more difficult to get around, buy tickets and plan your outings without their help.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LynnDB
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear LynnDB,

I would like to thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service, the room and the food. Your opinion is very important to us and I will ensure this is shared with all members of the teams.

I do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Marriott Royal Aurora.

Kindest Regards,

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Central Moscow is now full of 5-star hotels, and while a few years ago the Aurora might have been near the top of the list, it no longer comes close to that position in my opinion. While the components you would expect to find on a checklist for a 5-star hotel are all there, they do not add up to a luxurious 5-star experience. You don't have to walk at all far from this hotel to find others where they do. My room had seen better days (peeling wallpaper in bathroom, shower leaking water through screen onto floor, sticky TV remote that didn't work well, and so on), and even at a very attractive prepaid off-season room rate I can't say I was in love with this place at all. The cost of breakfast is astoundingly high, and it was neither hot nor well-prepared, and the cost of room service and mini-bar was truly exhorbitant, even at Moscow's super-inflated prices. Why be so insulting and disrespectful to "valued guests" by charging for a Pepsi between 10 and 20 times the price in a nearby supermarket??? Apart from that, the staff seemed well trained and were clearly trying hard - the service was generally good, and the location is one of the best in Moscow, seconds away from the Bolshoi and several Metro stations, and 10 minutes' walk to Red Square. But will I be returning to the Marriott Aurora? I don't think so.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Norriz
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Norriz,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora for your Moscow stay. Thank you also for taking the time out to give us your feedback - it is very important to us.

I was concerned to see that we failed to live up to your expectations, and I am happy to tell you that the planned hotel renovation will continue this year following the renovation of most of public areas in the past two years.

As to the prices, we monitor them thoroughly to keep pace with our competition.

We do hope to see you back in our hotel and to have the opportunity to make your stay most pleasant and memorable.

With best regards,

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very good standard of service. Big rooms and all the things that Marriott excels at are there.
Excellent breakfast too.
My only gripe is the cost - it's too expensive for what it is, and the extra charges for things like in room wifi are not acceptable when the room rate is this high.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear RamblingWungle,

I am happy to inform you that as of July 2014 we have free WiFi in all guest rooms.

I do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Marriott Royal Aurora!

Kindest regards,

Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a Tour package! Rooms are fine and spacious,breakfast good. But on arrival we were handed our keys and YES thats it! Not what time breakfast was or how are you? The lift is over there! Or how was your trip?When asked what was our room number the male reception said it's on your card! Welcome to customer service at The Marriott. We could go on about the discussion in the Hallway about the dirty wine glass in our room with an obviously senior staff person or the lack lustre girls in the beauty spa .. The staff need a big shake up here!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kaz012
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Kaz012,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay at the Marriott Royal Aurora.

I am sorry to see that you were not satisfied with our services - we take your comment very seriously and will thoroughly investigate the situation to avoid repetition.

As to not telling your room number - we normally do not do that for security reasons.

I thank you once again for your valuable comment, and I do hope this will not deter you from returning to Aurora. We will do our best to make your stay most pleasant.

With best regards,

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is located at walking distance ( 10 min.) from Kremlin and Red Square. In the centre of Moscow close to restaurants and supermarket GOeM. The food in the Atrium restaurant is very good, and reasonable in price and of a high quality. My wife took an apple-strudel as dessert had to wait for 25 min but was fresh made and the best she ever had.

Room Tip: Rooms to the Atrium are quieter than those to the streetside
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear RedPAT46007,

Thank you very much for your feedback and your kind words, which are extremely important for us.
I was happy to learn that you were satisfied with our hotel and especially our restaurant, and I do hope to welcome you back personally to the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora in the near future.

Kind regards,

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Marriott hotels are a symbol of quality worldwide and this establishes a predictability of comfort far from home. In many destinations I like to stay at a "local" hotel, but when one is so far from home and the political rhetoric has been stepped up, also in a city where so little English is spoken, there is just a certain reassurance of ending each day's sightseeing in the reassuring arms of the Marriott. Begin the day with a breakfast of champions and end it by floating in the pool. Perfect!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Michele C,

On behalf of all the team at the Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora may I thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor following your stay at our hotel.

I was delighted to note that you had a memorable time with us. I am happy to learn that we lived up to your expectations, and I will be sure to share your kind words with all our staff.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

With warm regards,

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The service and amenities expected in a Marriott hotel. Short walk to Red Square and the metro shopping center and several pedestrian streets with great restaurants and bars. Travel from and to the airport is time consuming due to Moscow traffic. But the central location makes the tourist visits all short walks. The Kremlin and museum visits like the Armory require a lot of effort first to buy tickets and then to wait for entry. But the whole central historic district is great to visit and the Marriott provides easy access,

Room Tip: All views are great so room selection is more by bed requirements and price. Upper levels are defin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
EkaterinaGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear JohntheSkierGolfer,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I would be only too pleased if you were to return to our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,