“You will enjoy it !”

Ranked #72 of 313 Hotels in Moscow
Birmingham
“You will enjoy it !”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have passed this hotel many times but never stayed. At last I have and enjoyed the experience. Most of the hotel has undergone refurbishment and the rooms, at least the one I stayed in, are large, clean and well appointed. As with any hotel it is down to the staff and I found all my requests were actioned courteously and promptly, not always the case in Moscow. Whilst it does not have an executive lounge as with many of the larger Marriotts, if you are on business and/or out much of the day this is of little concern. The hotel is a good 30 minutes direct walk from the Kremlin and Bolshoi Theatre, but if this is an issue the Metro is close by. There is a business district recently developed close by with several restaurants and bars, so with this and the already extensive bars and restaurants nearby, you will not be at a loss if you want to eat out in the area. Plus there ia an adequate gym.
For those tired of the larger Corporate hotels where you are a room number, I would recommend this as more of a small boutique hotel within a larger chain. Try it !
July 2013

Room Tip: I believe the rooms on the back of the hotel are quietest, especially if you like to leave a window...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Doobles63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Today when even starbucks besides the hotel has free wifi why qould you rwstrict it for guests paying to stay here. The health club was disappointing and looked depressing, the menu for breakfast wasnt all that great (1500+18% tax in case you have to pay for it) and one of the clerks at front desk locked me.out of my room by disabling my access card simply because my credit card was declined without speaking with me. The highlight wojld have to be the bar where dimitry and iliyana work and ensure you are served and treaded well though its seriously pricey 450 roubles for a jack danailes and about 390 for a shot of makers match. However the complimentary olives and their charm softens the bill. All in all an average hotel but.might.be economoc for the price about 9500 roubles with taxes for a night without breakfast and of course WIFI. If I ever visit again I might look for something elsewhere since all you can do here is the pushkin restaurant, red square and kremlin, loads of "looking cubs" and bars. But moscow is beautiful 2550 roubles to the airport in a local taxi from the concierge

• Stayed July 2013
FrancoisMorvan, Управляющий at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel in Moscow and for taking the time to provide your feedback to us.

Please let me kindly inform you, that our hotel provide free Internet connection for our guests in restaurant Grazi, Lobby bar and in lobby area on the first floor. Also our restaurant Grazi invites all guest to have full breakfast for 1350 RUB (18% VAT included) from 6:30 am till 11:00am daily.

I have also noted your positive note on the lobby bar service, I will make sure your comment is shared with the team.

We place a great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Marriott.

Best regards,

Francois Morvan,
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It's a Marriott. So it's a nice hotel.

But the price is so high, probably the same for any hotel in Russia. And no in-room free Wi-Fi. So can you only work at the lobby if you don't want to pay hefty price for Internet.

The location is ok. But you need to walk and take metro for 2~3 stations to famous sites like Red Square and Kremlin.

But I guess this is the best you can get out of this emerging country.

Room Tip: Good but expensive
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
FrancoisMorvan, Генеральный директор at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear guest,

First of all i would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel in Moscow.

We always value our guest's feedback and use it to improve the service that we offer. I have noted your comment regarding the prices for Internet in rooms. Please be kindly informed that our prices are market driven and I would like to assure you that they are in line with the prices of our direct competitors here in Moscow.

To this end if I can help personally, in any way in the future, please do not hesitate contact me.

Francois Morvan,
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel is located in the center of Moscow very close to a lot of attractions. The service is at the expected level for the category of the hotel. Very good breakfast with a wide offer of products including fresh fruits. Rooms are big with low level of noise. Good stay for business.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
FrancoisMorvan, Генеральный директор at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all i would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel during your visiting Moscow.

It was a great pleasure for me to know that your stay in our hotel was pleasant . Also I noticed that you mentioned our service and breakfasts quality. We always try to do our outmost to make our guests stays more memorable and enjoyable.

Should you require any further assistance please contact me directly.

Best regards,

Francois Morvan
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel is very well located at the other end of Tverskaya from Red Square. Belerusskaya metro station is across the road, so it's easy to get into red square etc.
The rooms are modern and very comfortable beds, nice shower and bathroom. The curtains in the room are good light block out, useful in the late evening nd early morning in summer.

Check in was very easy and the hotel staff were helpful and friendly.
Only negative was no free wifi in rooms, but was free in the ground floor foyer.
Value for money was good, Moscow is very expensive for anything half decent, so this was prob middle price point.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Good sized rooms, clean and comfortable. Great buffet breakfast included in the room rate, best breakfast of any hotel I've stayed at with individual omelettes, pastries and fruits. Bar drinks and food is soooo expensive I wouldn't eat there unless I was desperate, although Moscow is known for its prices!! Service at the desk is ok, but when asking for restaurant ideas and directions their limited English was a problem as was their poor work ethic. I felt I was interrupting the staff when asking a question. Smile people, it's free!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel as part of a tour package, so it wasn't really a property that I specifically chose. It wasn't awful, but definitely was not up to Marriott standards compared to their other hotels I've visited.

Pros:
- good size rooms
- good breakfast
- clean

Cons:
- lobby is very smoky smelling
- leaky seal on window in room (rain came inside)
- housekeeping left torn, ratty towels in room that should've been thrown away
- dinner at hotel restaurant was not good
- broken A/C in room (didn't work at all)
- loud, squeaky bed with saggy mattress

I would stay somewhere else if I went back to Moscow.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
FrancoisMorvan, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel for your recent visit to Moscow, and for taking the time and trouble to give us feedback regarding recent stay with us. We always value our guests’ feedback and use this to improve the service that we offer. It is vital to the ongoing success of our business.

I was extremely concerned to learn about the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I would like to assure you that we will undertake all necessary measures in attempt to avoid any similar problem recurring.
As a gesture of good will and in an effort to restore your faith in our hotel, we would like to offer you a compensation for these inconveniences. Please kindly contact us at tverskaya@marriott-moscow.ru so we could communicate to your personally.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Marriott, and should you be planning a return visit to Moscow I would be delighted if you contact me directly and I will endeavor to make all necessary arrangements to make your stay more pleasant.

Francois Morvan