“Small but good business hotel”

Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel
Ranked #55 of 334 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was booked out to this hotel from the Marriott Grand and was of course not happy about this. But when I arrived I was pleased to see that I had been given a lovely junior suite. I also found the breakfast to be fine (but by no means as good as at the Marriott Grand.

This is a good hotel but with limited public facilities!

It is good that there is a subway station close by.

Room Tip: I recommend a room at the back to avoid traffice noice from from the busy Tverskaya street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sjurontour
FrancoisMorvan, Генеральный директор at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, it was a great pleasure for us to be your host during your visit to Moscow.

Please be kindly informed that we greatly appreciate every positive comment from our guests, because it's a great motivation for us to be better.

I do hope that you will continue to choose Marriott hotel during your travelling around the world.
To this end let me kindly thank you one more time for kind words and should you require any further assistance please contact me any time.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel because we were supposed to stay here with our tour group. However, since there was a mix up in the reservation we stayed down the street at the other Marriott with our tour group. We checked into this hotel for one night and truly enjoyed our stay. The hotel staff and concierge were extremely helpful and friendly. There were many great restaurants in the area and it was an easy walk to the metro and train station. The hotel staff also informed us that if we walk to the train station we can board a train that would take us directly to the airport for a very reasonable rate. This was a great suggestion because the traffic in Moscow is very congested especially going to the airport. The walk to the Kremlin/Red Square area would take you longer but since the metro is close, I would suggest travelling by metro to the attractions. I feel that the convenience of restaurants and train station far outweigh the need to stay at a hotel that is closer to the attractions.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenM1_10
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Traveled to Moscow on business and stayed at the Marriott Tverskaya Hotel. Very comfortable, conveniently located hotel. About 2 miles from Red Square, or 3 stops on the Metro located within meters of the hotel's front door. Staff was very friendly, and all spoke English very well. Room was adequate size, very comfortable, though a little warm in the evenings. Certainly not a bargain, but not overly expensive either for a very good business oriented hotel in Moscow. Restaurant is good, but better dining options are available close by. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has a very nice, large seating area that is not found on the other floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NYGuyInMass
FrancoisMorvan, Генеральный директор at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read your words of appreciations concerning your overall experience at our hotel and I will make sure your comments are being shared with the team.

Receiving positive feedback is a great motivator for all the staff in the hotel and helps us to maintain and improve our service standards.

We will do our utmost to make your future stays in Moscow comfortable and enjoyable. I am looking forward to welcome you back at Marriott Tverskaya on many furture occasions.

With best regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

So, what can one expect from a chain? The hotel was part of the tourist package that we signed up for, so there were no nasty 'surprises', but there was no outstanding aspect to make it a memorable experience either...
The bellboy who helped us with the luggage spoke English very well. The staff at the reception were also proficient in English and quite helpful, although they were reticent when we asked one of them to reserve a table for us at the Café Puskine (she told us to just go there at 8PM and there would be no problem at all. Needless to say, when we presented ourselves at the restaurant the following night, it was packed to the rafters with diners and with people waiting for tables at the bar! Anyway we insisted on waiting for a table too and were rewarded with one after a 45 minute wait. BTW the meal and service at this much-(reputed place constitutes another story.)

The hotel bar is an uninviting antiseptic space, and since there were hardly any other customers, we were almost always being 'pestered' (every 10 minutes or so) by the constantly hovering waitress who asked if we wanted more drinks or food, etc...The only good thing in the area is the free WIFI.

The room we got on the 3rd floor was clean, but was always too hot for us; there were problems adjusting the thermostat - so we had to keep the windows open at night, however this was highly inconvenient when the morning sounds (including the din of garbage bins being collected) wafted in.
The metro station is conveniently near enough, so this was a plus. Breakfast was what one would expect from a hotel of this category. We had lunch upon arrival but for the life of me, cannot remember what was served to us - only that the drinks were relatively expensive (in relation to what we had been paying in St. Petersburg).

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on upper floors not facing the courtyard; our room was right smack in front of an apar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EloZ523
FrancoisMorvan, Управляющий at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me kindly thank you for your comment. All guest feedback is a great motivation for us to become better.

I am glad to learn that your stay was pleasant and we have met your expectations from this stay. We do hope that you will continue to choose Marriott Hotels during your travelling around the world and it will bring you just positive experiance. And also I would like to assure you that you are always welcome in Marriott Tverskaya Hotel.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

A very nice place. And very nice staff as well - always helpful and hospitable. Even walking distance to the Kremil. Ultra short distance to the Metro. I have been there for a couple of days this year and my hotel of choice for next season.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank McPrell

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel during your visit to Moscow. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and I will share your comment with all our team.

Receiving positiv comments is a great motivation for us and the best award. We do hope that you will continue to choose Marriott Tverskaya Hotel as your host in our city. It gives me a good chance to offer you Marriott Rewards Programm for making your stays in Marriott Hotels more enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

this hotel is not far from the train station and the rooms are very tastefully furnished. They are of a good size with comfortable beds. We only had breakfast here and the food for breakfast is good, with a chef to cook omelettes to your liking. The staff were very friendly and the general area were inviting.

There is tight security in the hotel so one feels very safe, I would visit this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Larrytheloungelizard
FrancoisMorvan, Управляющий at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel in moscow, it was a great pleasure for us to be host in our city.

I was delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We always try to do our outmost in order to make guest's stays as memorable as we can.

Please be sure that you are always welcome in our hotel and we are glad to offer you Marriott Rewards Membership in order to receive more benefits during your stay in Marriott Hotels worldwide.

To this end if I can help personally, in any way in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of a 7 night trip to St Petersburg & Moscow.We enjoyed the overall experience as we had planned to go to Russia for some time.The Hotel was of a very good standard as expected though the room,was on the small side.Staff were helpful and attentive though the lack of a common language was often a problem! The Metro is nearby and access to the Centre is easy.- The Art and Sculpture "down below" is impressive and should not be missed. Loved seeing the Kremlin and it's beautiful Palaces & St Basil's Cathedral - Red Square & Revolution Square at night was impressive.
Beware the madness of the traffic system - 6 lanes through the city!

Alan L. Enfield

Room Tip: Try for a room which does not overlook the 6 lane highway outside your window! - Though double glazi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan L
FrancoisMorvan, Управляющий at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Marriott Tverskaya Hotel during your visit to Moscow.

It was a great pleasure for us to be your host in our city, and we are extremely happy that you had a cofortable and enjoyable stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you one more time in our hotel.

Sincerely yours,