“A safe choice in Moscow”

Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel
Ranked #55 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Everything runs as expected at this hotel.
Located next to two important metro lines and the AeroExpress from SVO it offers the perfect location for exploring the city. Beds are fine, decor is very American, adnd rooms spacious and clean. All fittings and the A/C are "Made in Germany". Reception is competent, professional, and fluent in English. You will feel at home and safe.
Be aware that breakfast comes at 1500 rub (34€) incl. 10% gratuity. This makes it six times more expensive than the breakfast menus at the best local cafés just on the other side of the street. Marriott does offer special rates incl. breakfast at their homepage.
Pricing seems to fluctuate more than usually. We paid 99 €/night excl. breakfast but rack rate is 235 €.

Room Tip: The hotel is located next to Tverskaya with 6+2 lanes of traffic. Try to get a room away from Tversk...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a 4 day business trip in Moscow. The hotel is well located in the business district of Moscow and was walking distance to my office. The lobby is rather plain and there are always taxi drivers and others hanging around the lobby which makes it seem a little seedy. My reservations were put at ease though by the very friendly reception staff. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. The bed is very good quality and they had a good selection of English speaking channels on the television (much more than in France or Germany). The bathrooms were well appointed with good products. Room service was very good but the breakfast was only fair. Although there was a lot to choose from there was very little fresh fruit. Also the service at breakfast was not very well organized. Although they had a large staff working, I often had to wait 15-20 minutes before someone would offer me coffee or tea, a case of loads of people around but no one taking responsibility. All in all though, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I recently visited this hotel for a couple of nights and I was very impressed with it. I was greeted very warmly by the reception team who were polite, efficient and very helpful. They also remembered me throughout the stay and were always on hand to help.

The room was extremely clean and the standard of service from the cleaners was excellent. I had arrived late the first night and the next day, they had carefully placed all my bathroom items onto a clean flannel and cleaned everything. The bed was very comfortable and despite jet lag, I slept very well both nights. You couldn't hear anything from other rooms or out in the corridors.

I used room service once and the food was a very high standard and beautifully prepared.

All in all, an excellent hotel but very expensive! A litre bottle of water cost £10 and room service came to £50 for a main meal and glass of wine. I also had two shots of vodka at the bar and paid the same amount as the taxi cost to get me from the airport. Just be careful before you order!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A small but comfortable hotel situated near to tverskaya metro station and belorruskaya trasin stataion and aeroport service, this hotel is ideally sitiuated though a little far from the major tourist attractions but within easy reach owing to its proximity to metro station. This hotel was previously Hotel tverskaya and since coming under the management of Marriott, the hotel has tremendously improved itself both in quality of comfort and service. The front desk staff was always very polite and helpful and eager to comply with your requests.

However being an old building, the hotel is not as modern as the recent hotels under marriott that is not to say the hotel does not have its usual facilities and comfort. The only sore point is that the houskeeping is not upto the standards of Marriott as the rooms are seldom cleaned on time and then staff may overlook to veen provide the basic necessities in the room that ebing so is a minor irritant during my stay which was otherwise comfortable for 5 nights, i stayed there while i was in moscow.

Room Tip: prefer to take rooms on 4th floor with the balconies/windows facing towards the street which is more...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RikksG
FrancoisMorvan, Управляющий at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel during your visit to Moscow.

I was glad to learn that you have enjoyed your recent stay in our hotel. Receiving positive comments is a great motivation for me and my team, because Marriott Tverskaya Hotel always tries to reach the highest level of service.

To this end let me kindly invite you in our hotel and if there is anything that I can do for you please contact me any time.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was booked out to this hotel from the Marriott Grand and was of course not happy about this. But when I arrived I was pleased to see that I had been given a lovely junior suite. I also found the breakfast to be fine (but by no means as good as at the Marriott Grand.

This is a good hotel but with limited public facilities!

It is good that there is a subway station close by.

Room Tip: I recommend a room at the back to avoid traffice noice from from the busy Tverskaya street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sjurontour
FrancoisMorvan, Генеральный директор at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, it was a great pleasure for us to be your host during your visit to Moscow.

Please be kindly informed that we greatly appreciate every positive comment from our guests, because it's a great motivation for us to be better.

I do hope that you will continue to choose Marriott hotel during your travelling around the world.
To this end let me kindly thank you one more time for kind words and should you require any further assistance please contact me any time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel because we were supposed to stay here with our tour group. However, since there was a mix up in the reservation we stayed down the street at the other Marriott with our tour group. We checked into this hotel for one night and truly enjoyed our stay. The hotel staff and concierge were extremely helpful and friendly. There were many great restaurants in the area and it was an easy walk to the metro and train station. The hotel staff also informed us that if we walk to the train station we can board a train that would take us directly to the airport for a very reasonable rate. This was a great suggestion because the traffic in Moscow is very congested especially going to the airport. The walk to the Kremlin/Red Square area would take you longer but since the metro is close, I would suggest travelling by metro to the attractions. I feel that the convenience of restaurants and train station far outweigh the need to stay at a hotel that is closer to the attractions.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenM1_10
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Traveled to Moscow on business and stayed at the Marriott Tverskaya Hotel. Very comfortable, conveniently located hotel. About 2 miles from Red Square, or 3 stops on the Metro located within meters of the hotel's front door. Staff was very friendly, and all spoke English very well. Room was adequate size, very comfortable, though a little warm in the evenings. Certainly not a bargain, but not overly expensive either for a very good business oriented hotel in Moscow. Restaurant is good, but better dining options are available close by. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has a very nice, large seating area that is not found on the other floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NYGuyInMass
FrancoisMorvan, Генеральный директор at Moscow Marriott Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read your words of appreciations concerning your overall experience at our hotel and I will make sure your comments are being shared with the team.

Receiving positive feedback is a great motivator for all the staff in the hotel and helps us to maintain and improve our service standards.

We will do our utmost to make your future stays in Moscow comfortable and enjoyable. I am looking forward to welcome you back at Marriott Tverskaya on many furture occasions.

With best regards,