AZIMUT Hotel Olympic Moscow
US$216
US$148
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$309
US$366
US$330
  • Pool
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$213
HotelQuickly
2,908 results
All reviewsan indian restaurantprospekt mirametro stationfree shuttlered squareshuttle servicebreakfast spreadswimming poolexecutive floorvery nice hotelnice staybusiness tripclean roomsbusiness hotelroom servicestayed here for nightsexcellent breakfast
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Former Renaissance Marriott Hotel has changed a lot, hard to recognize once cozy and nice hotel... Well, you do not have to wait for rooms long since it is almost empty, not too many guests, and in the evenings it looks like a ghost building, maybe because the new management seems to save on the electricity bills. It was 12:30am Saturday night when TV suddenly stopped working, no channel available, and when I called them, I was told that "some other rooms experience the same problem". Those some other rooms belonged to people from my group of more then 10 individuals, all single rooms. When we met in the morning, everybody admitted that TV in his/her room stopped working past midnight, and in the morning it started working, although nobody from maintenance showed up, a miracle then, or a message for the hotel guests to go to sleep, good night and bye bye!
This is not the first time TV is turned off in the middle of the night under new management; my colleagues from work who recently stayed in this hotel complained on TV turned off in the middle of the night, on taking shower in water of all different colors, on the hotel restaurant that was closed without earlier notice, on the bills from the restaurant that "by computer mistake" were 1000 rubles (about 30 US dollars) per person higher, and not accurate with the prices from the menu.
The future of the hotel seems to be under question unless the new management will make the effort to keep the guest happy with their stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Tamka_Den
Patrick N, General Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Olympic Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Tamka_Den,

Thank you for your comments, which I read with great concern. Whilst it is true that the hotel is undergoing a rebranding, our commitment to customer service has in no way diminished.

Russia enjoys a lengthy New Year Holiday which officially ran until 9th January this year, although business returned to the city steadily between 10th and 20th January.

Running water is supplied by the Moscow water authorities. The quality of the vessel bringing water to the hotel (city piping), or maintenance works being carried out by the city authorities can influence colour on occasion, however we are assured by the city authorities that running water is safe for use.

I will be in touch with you personally to ask for specifics on your additional comments. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you in person during your next visit to Moscow.

Best regards,
Patrick Naughter
AZIMUT Moscow Olympic Hotel

Reviewed 14 January 2014

When booking a trip here for late December I thought this was a Renaissance property (Marriott managed) only to be told on check-in that they has switched (as of that day) to Azimut Hotels. While things were still in transition from a re-branding standpoint, the overall stay was solid. This being Moscow, things are expensive (unless you're comparing to Tokyo or London).

Staff was generally friendly (by Russian standards) and front-line staff spoke reasonable English.

Breakfast is good with a wide variety of different cuisines on offer. Food in the bar is average. Rooms are decent sized with generally nice - not great - design. My initial room was getting intermittent mechanical noises so got swapped to a new room with no issues. Beds are very comfortable. Bathroom is decent. TV channel selection is mediocre but I was never there for more than 10 minutes of watching so wasn't an issue. Neighbor, hallway, and exterior noise were excellent.

One impressive aspect - the gym is really exceptional. More and newer equipment than any place I've ever stayed. Not at all the typical hotel set up. Decent sized pool but on kind of a curve so not really ideal for swimming laps.

Options in the local area are somewhat limited, the metro is about a ten minute walk. There's a decent restaurant/bar across the street 'Ragout' and grocery in the same building. Other food options are closer to the nearest metro stop.

They offer a shuttle bus to red square that's convenient for getting to the sights.

Overall good stay, just wish I'd had more of a heads up on the branding switch.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Patrick N, General Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Olympic Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

We appreciate that you took the time to write this informative review of our property. Our hotel is indeed undergoing a rebranding and our priority remains our loyalty to customer service. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay.

Next time you stay with us, we recommend trying out Tsvetnoy Central Market, this is a fairly new mall with great shopping and various restaurants and it takes 15 minutes to walk there from the hotel.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Best regards, Patrick Naughter General Manager AZIMUT Moscow Olympic Hotel

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed for 3 nights and it was a clean comfortable hotel. I would say it was noisy, I could hear other people and music through the air conditioning vent at night and there is a lot if traffic outside.

The food is standard, nothing special, room was comfortable and clean but it's expensive! Lobby is busy and checking in and out took a long time.

I upgraded to club floor but it really wasn't worth the extra.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights. The location of the hotel is not the best but there is a metro station 10 minutes walk from the hotel and also the hotel offers a shuttle that takes the guests to the downtown on a regular basis every day so I think that the location is not an issue. Nevertheless, the SVO airport is at least 1hour drive from the hotel so you have to plan your transfer from/to the airport accordingly. You'll have to pay around 1,600 RUB for the taxi.

All the employees are very helpful and speak english so communication is not a problem. This is a 12 store building, properly maintained, decorated with good taste, 4 restaurants (1 of them is open 24 hours), swimming pool, a fully equipped fitness room and several meeting rooms.

My first disappointment came when I was told that Wi-Fi in the room was not provided, unless I was willing to pay 800 Rub (18 Eur) per day!!! It is unbelievable that you can't have internet access in your more-than-130-Eur-per-night room and on top of that they want to charge you an additional 18 Eur. The company I work for organised a full-week workshop in this hotel for more than 30 attendees and the hotel can't offer internet access in the rooms? You can access the internet in the lobby for free so you have to be patient enough to find a place to seat since most of the guests access the internet from there.

The fitness room is well equipped and is open 24 hours. They provide clean towels and you can take a shower there if you want to. The water of the pool is warm but consider that, unlike the fitness room, it is not open the 24 hours.

Breakfast is included in the room fee and I think the selection of food is vast and can fit any taste or preference. The people working in this restaurant were always smiling and in a good mood, I really liked that.

BUT, if you want to have dinner in the hotel you should be aware that is completely overpriced!! I paid more than 28 Euro for a pelmeni soup and a beer. The soup was ok, but it was not a 28 Eur dinner, not at all. I really felt the hotel wants to rip the customers off with the price of the food.

The hotel room itself was comfortable and spacious enough. The only BUT I found is that the windows are not properly installed so it is possible to feel a little bit of cold at night (it was not a problem for me at all) so just check the windows when you are in your room. They offer one bottle of water everyday as a courtesy. Additionally there is a kettle and a selection of teas and coffee in the room.

Overall it was a nice stay but I think I would try a different hotel in my next trip to Moscow.

Room Tip: Just check that your windows have no leaks so you can have a comfortable sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference so from that point of view the location was not a problem, however it is in a boring area without easy access to the centre and sight (no Metro nearby). The hotel does run a shuttle bus service to the centre, but overall this would not be such a good hotel for tourism.

For the conference it was very good. The conference arrangements were handled very efficiently, and the food was good.

The rooms are very good, and furnished in a more modern style than normally for a Marriott. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom was small, and the shower pressure poor, but otherwise all OK. Everywhere was clean and well maintained.

There was Wi-Fi (charged in the room but free in the public areas), not very fast but adequate for email etc. The Wi-Fi only worked intermittently on my iPhone, but was OK on the laptop - others had the same problem.

The restaurants were OK, the main complaint is that the food was bland with little Russian influence.

Overall recommended for a conference or business.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business