“Metropol Hotel Moscow : Hotel Heaven”

Hotel Metropol Moscow
Ranked #12 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
Moscow, Russia
“Metropol Hotel Moscow : Hotel Heaven”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This simply is an exquisite hotel with splendid service especially from guest relations sherpas, Yana and Anastasia and the servers connected to the coffee lounge (bar). Staff are highly, trained, have great English skills and are immeasurably hospitable in a way that is friendly, non-intrusive and culturally sensitive. As a frequent user of the coffee lounge area, splendidly decorated with a neo-classical look steeped in marble, added with dashes of oriental central Asian trimmings, I feel like some kind of potentate given the great service and this glorious ambiance. It was even further appreciated when I stayed a few nights. The room was lovely, and the spacious passage ways to it made one appreciate the roomy way in which the hotel was originally built a hundred years plus ago that so many modern hotels are unable to duplicate. The restaurant is also an another experience out of a fairyland story. You need to see it to believe it. It is majestic.I also enjoyed the pool and sauna. I am a critical thinker who is not afraid to be direct about what is unsatisfactory. So I appreciate that some of the readers of this review will feel that I have been hypnotized by staff or think I might be an overly complimentary person. I assure you that I am not. If you like the very best modern service with a nice classical touch and great decor of a hotel perched between the Bolshoi theatre and the Kremlin,, then come to the Metropol in Moscow. It is hotel heaven.

Room Tip: Make sure you are n the quiet side f a light and music show is on that evening and you are an early...
1 Thank Peter D
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review! Thank you very much for sharing your impressions here on TripAdvisor. We were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all your kind compliments, it's always a pleasure to know that our guests recognize our efforts.

Looking very much forward to welcome you back soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Metropol was a great experience which prompted me to finally sign up for tripadvisor to write a review. It was beautifully decorated like a winter wonderland. I had read in a review that the rooms were small, but I thought it was quite large and very comfortable. The location is perfect and the staff is terrific. Especially concierges Tatiana and Anna were exceptional. They were able to score me a ticket to the Nutcracker at the Bolshoi on Christmas Eve and a very reasonable price. They also assisted me with getting train tickets (delivered to me) for my next leg of my trip and making a hotel reservation. First Class all the way, I would highly recommend this hotel. The only negative was that it was hard to enjoy the pretty lounge at night because both nights there was a private party in the restaurant and the music was very loud.

1 Thank sharte2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your recent stay at the Metropol Hotel Moscow! Our wonderful concierges Anna and Tatiana were thrilled to read your warm compliments dedicated to them. Thank you very much!

Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Never experienced such a smiling, loving and caring hotel personnel :-) genuine smiles from the personnel made my week in Moscow an extraordinary fun experience and made me feel at home!

Thanks for a great stay!
Martin

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Martin G
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your gracious words of praise which make me feel even more proud of our wonderful staff members! It is always the great honor to read such a great reviews, thank you for taking the time to share this on TripAdvisor.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!

New York, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My stay at the Hotel Metropol was the best hotel experience I have had in 30 years of business and leisure travel. That is saying a lot since I am both a frequent business traveler and when it comes to leisure travel comforts, a bit of a princess. Superb location, service, and facility.

The hotel is in the perfect location: directly across the street from the Bolshoi Theater, adjacent to Red Square, and a 10 to 15 minute stroll (in heels!) to the Kremlin Palace. I had what is classified as a standard room and it was spacious and quite lovely. The hotel feels Russian - and there were all kinds of surprises like a photo gallery of famous guests. But modern amenities were first rate. Best quality wireless internet connection I have had outside the USA. Restaurants and lounge (with special drinks and casual food - delicious) were wonderful. I recommend the blinis.

I was here in December and the entire lobby was decorated like a winter fairy tale. And the service is #1. Guest services (the lovely Nina Fabolotskaya) gave me a personal hotel tour at check in, took photos of me in the winter wonderland, and I guess from my passport information knew it was birthday & gave me a lovely card and a Russian doll! Concierge services were outstanding as well. For example, they called around and found a health club with a 25 meter pool close by where I could get a day pass and swim laps.

I would absolutely stay here again.

2 Thank Carolyn L
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions of your recent stay at the Metropol Hotel Moscow! We are thrilled that you had such a great time and are grateful for your compliments. It is wonderful to know that we were able to provide you with remarkable service and anticipate your needs, as these are two of our primary goals.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed 3 nights, standard room very adequate & comfortable, Unlike some Russian city hotels this one has true 5star aspects .Particularly the dining. Make sure you get breakfast in the room deal, true 5 star, champs, cavier & harpist at breakfast.
However the best point is location, a few minutes walk to Bolshoi Ballet, just across from Red Square, just over road from shopping centre & many quality food outlets. Very close to Red Square metro.
Enjoyed our stay & staff were very courteous and helpful

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GJA54
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your impressions f your recent stay at the Metropol Hotel! We appreciate your kind compliments about our location, breakfast and of course our wonderful staff.

Looking forward to welcome you again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My wife and I just spent 3 nights at the Metropol Hotel, and I can only say: Wooaah! This is a well located hotel (5 min walking distance to the Red Square, more if you take pictures every second) and has an amazing interior. We had a superior room, it was big, and well arranged. The hotel itself is beautiful, and being a couple of weeks away of Christmas/New Year, it was "fairy tale" decorated. As mentioned by other reviews, the staff is very helpful from the reception to the concierge, including the bar. The plus was the surprise birthday present to my wife: a Matryoshka doll, so sweet. Finally some little things as the free water bottles, postal services and registration service (for the immigration) make the difference.
Some tips: Check the 3rd and 4rd floor for the pictures of various personalities (my personal favorite, being French, was Depardieu & Pierre Richard, idols from my youth) and if you can have sneaky pick at the Boyarsky Zal, a beautiful hall with a Bear!
If we have the opportunity to go back to Moscow, we will stay there without hesitation!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gerome M
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and of course for rating us with five stars! It was a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay at our Metropol fairy tale and therefore eager to return!

Looking very much forward to welcome you again soon!

chicago
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We just spent 4 nights at metropol and we are so excited to return later in the week after a trip to st Pete. We are from Chicago, have never been to Russia and came to visit a friend working in Moscow. To start, the location is fabulous. llThe staff at hotel metropol- starting with Nina- effortlessly made us feel at home- like an oasis.. We loved our room- old world elegance with a renovated bathroom, great bed, great views. Little things like providing complementary bottled water as needed, having our Nescafé in the morning made a big difference in our leisurely starting the day. The concierge was awesome helping us figure out the logistics of getting to the train station this morning and boarding the train. It exceeded our expectations- the service and value can't be found at this price in Chicago or New York. It rocks!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank ChicagoGal83
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for this extremely flattering review and for rating us with 5 stars! I was very glad to know that you had such a fabulous stay at the Metropol and still keep warm memories of your first trip to Russia. Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our staff, it's always a great pleasure to know that our guests recognize our efforts.
We truly hope to welcome you back to Moscow and to the Metropol Hotel!