Hotel Metropol Moscow
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$87
US$121
US$93
US$151
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Moscow Suschevsky(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$45
US$236
US$156
US$366
US$324
3,478 results
All reviewsbolshoi theatrered squarelive harp musicart nouveauhistoric hotelperfect locationcaviarbreakfast roomconcierge teamold stylesuperior roomwonderful hotelblinishigh ceilingsexcellent breakfastbusiness tripfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed at the Metropol for a short visit, just a few meters away from the Bolschoi theatre, from the Red Square and Kremlin. It is easily accessible within 1 hour 15mn from the 2 main airports via Express trains and metro connections.
I can highly recommend this property for travellers who are looking for a more authentic hospitality experience than what you would receive in the majors international hotel brands.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Traveller_in_style1
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Metropol Hotel during your recent stay in Moscow and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind review and it will be pleasure to share it with all our staff members.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've stayed at the Metropol Moscow a few times now. It's an older hotel, had it's great times during the cold war it seems, but it still is nice.

The location is great, a five minute walk from Red Square, St. Basil Church, Zoom (shopping), etc.
There is a nice little bar in the bottom of the hotel.

I personally like being there, it somehow gives you that atmosphere of it's historic glory. Prices seemed fine too whenever I stayed.

If you don't expect something super luxurious, but want to be in the center, then this is for you.
I'll stay there again when in Moscow.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Idealizer
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for rating us with five stars. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and therefore eager to return.
If you have any questions or special requests for your future stay with us please don't hesitate to contact us at gr@metmos.ru
Looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed for business - the rate was good value. The location can't be beat near Red Square. This is a historic hotel with very interesting photos on higher floors (don't miss them) and a stupendous lobby. My room was just average, not luxury, with a dated bathroom. The hotel staff were very helpful. Prices in the bar and restaurant are high, but this is true everywhere in Moscow. More affordable options can be found nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelingdogDaisy

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Metropol Hotel during your recent stay in Moscow and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor! I greatly appreciate your kind review and will not fail to share it with all our staff members.
Looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel staff were very accommodating, in fact one lady at concierge gave me her metro tickets as I was late for a conference. The hotel rooms are spacious and very stylish / simple. Location is amazing, next to the Bolshoi, Red Square and a metro station. I also think for a woman travelling alone for business, it is safe to walk around such central streets, even at night.

Room Tip: They do large suites, go for that if it suits your budget.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Niki C
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for your review and for rating us with five stars! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room, hotel's location, our staff and service. If you have any questions or special requests for your future stay with us please contact us at gr@metmos.ru
I truly hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Metropol Hotel Moscow!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel Metropol is an amazing hotel in the most desirable location when traveling for leisure, business or government. Amazing breakfast, beautiful and clean rooms, nice bar and lobby area. Very friendly and cheerful staff and a knowledgeable and helpful concierge. Only minor things: i missed some modern technologies in the room such as an ipod station etc.. and they should also have someone by the entrance to call a taxi for you (instead of having to do it at the reception).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Marie_Ann84
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your positive comments with our team. I would kindly like to mention that iPod station is available upon request at the Concierge desk. Please let us know is there's anything we can do for you for your next stay with us at gr@metmos.ru
Looking forward to welcome you back soon!