“The real Moscowian experience”

Hotel Metropol Moscow
Ranked #11 of 315 Hotels in Moscow
“The real Moscowian experience”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

All the world that counts has been here and there must be a reason. The reason is that looks like a Royal palace, elegant and classy, most of the people sleeping here charged their bill on their company and the place is really few steps from the beating heart of Moscow. The desk services (concierge + reception) and the security are not so friendly especially the security service staff treating you like a dangerous criminal. Rooms, corridors and the morning breakfast are amazing. At night there are "easy girls" standing near the elevator approaching every male customers, shouldn't they be stopped by security or there is a "joint venture"?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Pierluigi O
PR M, Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Mr. Pierluigi O,
I would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your last stay with us in October, 2013.
As you probably know there was a management team change in 2013 and the hotel's reconstruction will start in the nearest future. Since the last year we did a lot to improve the quality of service and to bring our hotel to the new level. Security company was aslo changed and for the moment we protect the privacy of our guests from certain type of visitors you mentioned in your review.
I truly hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back at the Metropol so you could see these positive changes yourself.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at a.fedotkin@metmos.ru

Andrey Fedotkin
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Well,actually it is in the square next to Red Square ,in fact only five minutes walk to the Kremlin wall. The location is perfect for sightseeing and also just a few minutes from the subway train station, The hotel is a kind of living museum with a fascinating history.
The staff here are first rate as is the buffet breakfast. You will be looked after like a new born babe by beautiful,friendly and efficient hostesses.
Our room,though a little dated of course and a bit musty was spacious with an interesting view .
Fortunately smoking is no longer permitted so the room odour will improve with time. Minor point.
Moscow is a wonderful city to visit and I would definitely love to stay here again..

Room Tip: Higher rooms looking towards the Kremlin wall or other interesting places are recommended but be su...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FossilInfinity
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for rating us with five stars! I am happy to know that you appreciated the hotel's location, view from your room, buffet breakfast, our staff and service. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall experience however I am sorry to know there were few issues that did not meet your expectations.
I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Metropol Hotel!

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well located, really close to the Red square, metro line and wonderful restaurants.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I definitely would stay there next time I came back to Moscow.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for rating us with five stars! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's location, the staff and our service.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The third time I've been in Moscow, but first in the Metropol Hotel. The receptionists were great and very helpful, since this was my first time not in business. I'll definatly come back! Thanks for the good times!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mr. Leonardo,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure for me to know that you had such a great time with us, that you enjoyed your stay and therefore eager to return. If you have any questions or special requests for your future stay with us please don't hesitate to contact us at gr@metmos.ru

Hong Kong
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

A great hotel, with great histories.. The hotel suposed to be non smoking, but there are still many residues left behind. The towels are hanging right behind the toilet bowl, I guess they didn't change them if the towel were intact, so the last tenant's smell will rest in the towel, that's include the bad cigarette smell. Nevertheless, don't know how it penetrates, the wall mount hair dryer has strong cigarettes smell, do you like your hair perfumed with cigarette? Maybe you can ask Metropol how.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to wrire and post your review. I would like to express my sincere apology for the inconvenience which you experienced during your recent stay. I have already shared your comments with our team and we will do our best to fully satisfy your expectations during your next stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at j.peretrukhina@metmos.ru.
I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to improve our standing, with you, and impress you by visiting us again.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed at the Metropol for a short visit, just a few meters away from the Bolschoi theatre, from the Red Square and Kremlin. It is easily accessible within 1 hour 15mn from the 2 main airports via Express trains and metro connections.
I can highly recommend this property for travellers who are looking for a more authentic hospitality experience than what you would receive in the majors international hotel brands.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Traveller_in_style1
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Metropol Hotel during your recent stay in Moscow and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind review and it will be pleasure to share it with all our staff members.
Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've stayed at the Metropol Moscow a few times now. It's an older hotel, had it's great times during the cold war it seems, but it still is nice.

The location is great, a five minute walk from Red Square, St. Basil Church, Zoom (shopping), etc.
There is a nice little bar in the bottom of the hotel.

I personally like being there, it somehow gives you that atmosphere of it's historic glory. Prices seemed fine too whenever I stayed.

If you don't expect something super luxurious, but want to be in the center, then this is for you.
I'll stay there again when in Moscow.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Idealizer
PR M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for rating us with five stars. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and therefore eager to return.