Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$259
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$366
US$328
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$201
HotelsClick
1,626 results
All reviewskremlin viewred squarebreakfast roomperfect locationstudio roomst basil's cathedralconcierge deskfour seasonshigh ceilingsthe ritz carltonold stylehistorical buildinglobby barbolshoi theatremetro stationvisit moscowtverskaya street
Reviewed 10 August 2014

It is a nice hotel in the best location just a few steps away from the red square. The room are nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable. You can have breakfasts looking directly at the Kremlin. Personnel is always keen to help and very kind.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Marina M, General Manager at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear guest,
Let me thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post such a nice review.
It is a pleasure indeed to learn how much you’ve enjoyed your stay with us.
I’m glad to hear that you’ve liked the hotel location, style and most importantly our service. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it’s always gratifying to receive such a praise. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel National!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed at the National from the 27th July to the 1st August 2014. We were a group of eight with 4 rooms booked. The receptionist managed to place us in 4 rooms next to each other. The staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. The concierge, Marina, was very very helpful, and gave excellent advise and information. The rooms are lovely, beautifully decorated. The beds are comfort beyond compare. The breakfast selection is outstanding, so much choice. But the breakfast menu cannot compare to the breakfast room. Full size picture windows, with views straight across the street of the Kremlin. I would have no hesitation in staying here again it is just fantastic. Thank you Hotel National.

Room Tip: Our room was on the sixth floor and at the side. The plus side is the lack of noise from the roads.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John T

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for such a positive feedback!
I am very proud to hear that you’ve had a fully enjoyable experience with us, have found the location of the hotel to be nice, appreciated our personnel and liked the quality and style of our rooms.
I’m glad to learn that our concierge Marina has assisted you to make your stay in Moscow memorable. Let me assure you that your kind words have been passed to my team.
I hope that it’s not your last trip to Moscow and look forward to welcoming you again in order to impress you even more!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The location of this hotel is phenomenal. You can walk to the Kremlin and it's just beautiful to see it lit up at night right outside the window of the hotel. The rooms were a bit small, but beautifully furnished in an old-fashioned style. The bed was extremely soft and comfortable. This hotel had good security and the doorman makes you feel very welcome!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Marina M, General Manager at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking a time to write the review!

I was very pleased to learn how impressed you were with our location, architectural style and room equipment.

Your kind comments about our personnel are greatly appreciated. Customer care and security are amongst our highest priorities and it always gratifying to receive such praise.

I look forward to welcoming you at Hotel National in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Quite a grand little gem, smack bang in the middle of Moscow across from the Kremlin / Red Square. Rooms are furnished elegantly, often with seperate sitting and cloak rooms. The breakfast is appetising and the breakfast room has a nice view across central Moscow. I personally could not fault the place. The bed was delightfully comfortable and the room was quiet, spacious and elegant. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Marina M, General Manager at Hotel National, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We are delighted to hear that you have found Hotel National to be special and elegant.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our breakfast and valued our wonderful view on the Kremlin. It was a pleasure to learn that you have been satisfied with every other aspect of your stay with us.
We will be happy to welcome you again at Hotel National, a Luxury Hotel Collection!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked a three night long weekend stay via Amoma.com which was significantly cheaper than the hotels own web site. As visitors to Russia will be aware, to obtain a visa, you need a visa support letter from the provider of your accommodation and the hotel's web site indicates that they will provide this requirement, however, the reality is that after contacting them directly, if you haven't booked with them directly, they can't (or won't) provide this service.

Thankfully, Amoma sorted this out for me and the visa application process was completed within a week.

I arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and the receptionist on the check in desk was pleasant and helpful and the process was completed quickly. The room I booked was the 'classic room' and as I had booked through a third party provider, I wasn't expecting a room overlooking Red Square - so I wasn't surprised to be given a room at the back of the hotel with a 'view' overlooking some inner courtyard.

The room wasn't the biggest, but was suitable for an individual traveller, it was clean although the bathroom could benefit from some modernisation and the Penhaligon amenities were plentiful. There was a cheap plastic stool and horrible tacky metal stand in the bathroom that just looked out of place. This is supposed to be a 5 star property!

The air conditioning seemed to struggle to maintain a comfortable temperature and the fan was a little noisy, but the bed was large and very comfortable and to external noises entered the room which made for a great sleep - much more important to me than a view over Red Square!

My rate did not include any meals and I tried the 'Business Breakfast' that is served in the bar. There was also a buffet breakfast option available; however, I was not prepared to pay in the region of 30 GBP for it!

Unfortunately, the breakfast I chose (at a cost of approximately 10 GBP) was an immense disappointment. This consisted of two fried eggs, two small rashers of greasy and fatty bacon and some bits of tomato. The bread was stale (imagine economy class airline buns) and the croissants were old. One cup of coffee and orange juice poured from a carton was the drinks provided. My advice is to forget this offering!

One wonders what the quality of the other dining options is like if they cannot get a very basic breakfast right and having looked at the menu, some of the prices of food seemed prohibitive for those who were not able to charge to an expenses account.

As others have pointed out, public areas of the hotel don't seem to have air conditioning and some areas were stifling in a hot Moscow weekend and again, a common theme with other reviewers is the internet connection which can only be described as erratic at best.

You must take some time to walk around the hotel as there is some great artwork on show.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank davyp777

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hotel National during your visit to Moscow and taking your time to write about your experience with us. As we constantly looking for ways to improve our service, your honest and constructive comments are very much appreciated.
It is nice to learn that you valued professionalism of our Front Desk staff. Our staff is passionate about providing great service and I am happy to know that you were pleased with it. As well I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our “Luxury Collection Bed”.
I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding with your visa support. Your comments have been forwarded to our Reservation Manager in order to investigate this situation and avoid it in future. Please kindly be assured that we are always ready to assist our guests.
I am very upset that you haven’t been satisfied with our Business breakfast. I have reviewed the issues raised with our Food and Beverage Manager and all necessary measures will be taken to improve the situation.
I do sincerely hope that you will be able to take advantages of the offer to come again, as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.